5 most under rated headphone brands?
Jan 9, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #91 of 146
I feel like beyerdynamic is a bit underrepresented here on Head-Fi. Now, I'm not talking about the premium series models (DT770, DT880, DT990) or the T1. Those appear in every other thread. I'm talking about some of the midrange models (e.g. DT440, DT660, DT860) and even the lower end ones (e.g. DT235). I don't mean to imply that any of these are very good, and indeed maybe that's why they don't get brought up very often. But it literally seems like nobody under the sun has tried any of them. Beyer could save a lot of money, evidently, by cancelling production of anything that isn't the first four models, the DT250, or the DT48.

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #92 of 146
ultrasone is probably the most underrated and even hated brands i think.. even while i like them i wouldn't recommend it to others :p

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #93 of 146
Jan 9, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #95 of 146

Quote:

for a newcomer, phiaton is pretty well recognized  by head-fiers though admittedly, not many have tried them out, anywho, I'll throw one in, fanny wangz

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #96 of 146
Five underrated brands?:

Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Ultrasone, AKG and GermanMaestro ... but I'm not sure about the last one ...
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #99 of 146
Good ol' FW...it seems like there has been a lull in interest as of late. No new developments, I presume.

Phiaton is interesting in that it's one of the few I've seen actually targeting the mainstream audience. I've seen ads in PCWorld, among other places. Its design is pure style, and yet from what I hear there's some substance there as well. I'd like to see what their statement headphone might be like, should they choose to release one.

Quote:
Quote:

for a newcomer, phiaton is pretty well recognized  by head-fiers though admittedly, not many have tried them out, anywho, I'll throw one in, fanny wangz

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #101 of 146

Quote:
Good ol' FW...it seems like there has been a lull in interest as of late. No new developments, I presume.

Phiaton is interesting in that it's one of the few I've seen actually targeting the mainstream audience. I've seen ads in PCWorld, among other places. Its design is pure style, and yet from what I hear there's some substance there as well. I'd like to see what their statement headphone might be like, should they choose to release one.

Quote:
Quote:

i do wonder how they're competing with monster cable..apple vs zune, first come first serve

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #102 of 146

Quote:
I feel like beyerdynamic is a bit underrepresented here on Head-Fi. Now, I'm not talking about the premium series models (DT770, DT880, DT990) or the T1. Those appear in every other thread. I'm talking about some of the midrange models (e.g. DT440, DT660, DT860) and even the lower end ones (e.g. DT235). I don't mean to imply that any of these are very good, and indeed maybe that's why they don't get brought up very often. But it literally seems like nobody under the sun has tried any of them. Beyer could save a lot of money, evidently, by cancelling production of anything that isn't the first four models, the DT250, or the DT48.

I completely agree with this statement.  As a DT990 owner, I hadn't even heard of the 440, 660 or other lower models until earlier today.  They weren't in my price/quality range and haven't been for a little while now so I never looked there.

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #103 of 146

Quote:
Quote:
Never... remember, I'm evil German...
biggrin.gif

...is that you..lord..SENNHEISER! you have..ARRIVED

Jawohl!

Kneel before ZOD... uhm... I mean... SENNHEISER!!!

(Damn... haven't got Superman II on Blu-Ray... why did I set on HDDVD first?... crap!...)

On the topic (seriously):

In Germany Audio Technica is underrated, because it's not well know to the broader public for its headphones.

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #104 of 146

Quote:

DT 440 love from me.

Jan 9, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #105 of 146

Quote:
Quote:

DT 440 love from me.

Really? Do tell! (though maybe not here, lest we derail)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back