bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
what brands do you think deserve more then they get in terms of reviews and attention. i would say pioneer, and akg, shure, grados, and denon.

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #4 of 146

Quote:
Koss, JVC, Fostex, Klipsch..

How is last 4 of your mention underrated?

because i never see them in retail stores. and nobody i speak to knows what those brands are.

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #6 of 146
Ultrasone! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 146
Anything that isn't Sennheiser or Monster or grado. I think most brands do as good a job or better than these three for the price (although Sennheiser has the distinction of having very good high end phones)

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 146
Yes precisely. In most outside stores there are no headphones on sale that costs more than, say 100 dollars. Most people dont even know that they exist (non-audiophile people that it) as the way i see audiophile products is that if you want quality you seek it out by yourself, since they never advertise at all. 

Quote:
Are we talking about about underrated with the general public, or underrated within audiophiles.

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #9 of 146

Quote:
Are we talking about about underrated with the general public, or underrated within audiophiles.

i was mainly referring to the general public

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #11 of 146
Jan 3, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #12 of 146
Oh yes. But (i would guess) 80 percent of the people who get mp3 players stick with their stock buds until they break so they wont even know of those two brands. They would know of other consumer brands that make headphones though, like panasonic, sony and philips.

Quote:
Quote:
Then anything that is not Monster or sony or Sennheiser or ibuds is underrated. The general public dont know sh@# about other brands.

Quote:
Quote:

you forgot skullcandy and bose

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #13 of 146

Quote:
Oh yes. But (i would guess) 80 percent of the people who get mp3 players stick with their stock buds until they break so they wont even know of those two brands. They would know of other consumer brands that make headphones though, like panasonic, sony and philips.

Quote:
Quote:
Then anything that is not Monster or sony or Sennheiser or ibuds is underrated. The general public dont know sh@# about other brands.

Quote:
Quote:

you forgot skullcandy and bose

its funny when i got my ipod i never used the stock buds. i went straight for my pioneer se m390's

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #15 of 146

Users who are viewing this thread

Back