2359glenn | studio
Sep 15, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #10,606 of 39,998
  Play around with my new toy but I focus it on the transformer instead tubes.  
mad.gif

Nice picture
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #10,608 of 39,998
  Play around with my new toy but I focus it on the transformer instead tubes.  
mad.gif

Beautiful pic, man.

I have ordered Glenn's OTL and I am so stoked to hear it with my PS Audio Nuwave Dac & HD800.......I wish I could just time warp past christmas this year, so I could get my amp  
biggrin.gif

I guess, it will give me time to figure out what balanced headphone cable to get.

Again, love that pic.

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #10,611 of 39,998
  @ rosgr63

Re: Joe Sample (R.I.P.)
Where you at? I got him solid in the rotation this week. 

Sorry to hear it SO.
I wanted to cheer up so it was reggae this week, Bob Marley-Legend, The Jolly Boys, Eddy Grant, etc

Negative. I was sick a lot though and didnt eat much. I am finally better since last friday

Sorry to hear it Lieven, I hope you are fine now.
  It is just a balanced jack...you can spend your cable money on pizza and tequila...

My kind of thinking, pure and simple like a silver cable.......

Sep 16, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #10,612 of 39,998
My understanding is that the 4-pin is just at the connector level. Functionality wise, it is the same as the 1/4" plug, and is more for a convenience thing if nothing else. 

Glenn did explain why he didn't think there would be any major benefits to going balanced, which was very helpful and honest. I do appreciate it over the usual marketing terms that companies do to convince you to go balanced. 

Sep 16, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #10,613 of 39,998
  My understanding is that the 4-pin is just at the connector level. Functionality wise, it is the same as the 1/4" plug, and is more for a convenience thing if nothing else. 

Glenn did explain why he didn't think there would be any major benefits to going balanced, which was very helpful and honest. I do appreciate it over the usual marketing terms that companies do to convince you to go balanced. 

The 4-pin is there so you can invite your friends with balanced cans over and show them how much better your 'unbalanced' OTL is!
You can serve them pizza and tequila.

Sep 16, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #10,615 of 39,998

The 4-pin is there so you can invite your friends with balanced cans over and show them how much better your 'unbalanced' OTL is!
You can serve them pizza and tequila.

So unless you already have cans that have a balanced cable, there is no use of getting the 4 pin XLR connector as there are no benefits, what so ever.....am I correct ?

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #10,616 of 39,998
  So unless you already have cans that have a balanced cable, there is no use of getting the 4 pin XLR connector as there are no benefits, what so ever.....am I correct ?

Yes...it's so you can use cans that have a balanced cable.
The signal is not balanced.

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #10,617 of 39,998

Yes...it's so you can use cans that have a balanced cable.
The signal is not balanced.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #10,620 of 39,998
Hi Lieven, no I don't think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back