[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
May 19, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #3,961 of 7,442
  Thanx for the link, I did see that. I like their initiative but I doubt I'll ever go back to a screen less player. 
Well, we should probably get back to the Monk + :)

Just listening to the Monk+. Rapidly becoming my second favourite earbud.

May 19, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #3,964 of 7,442
Is 24hr burn in enough for monk plus?
Also what does lee thinks of burn-in?!

50 hours minimum according to Lee. I´m on my 2nd pair now and to me they sound great straight out of the box. Compared them to my old Hifiman ES100. Monks beat them easily in every way imo. It shows that an earbud isn´t necessarily better, because it is a higher ohm bud.

May 19, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #3,966 of 7,442
Don't know if all of you guys know but there was a Reddit AMA with Lee
As usual with Lee "brutal honesty" over there...Also a bit of drama about the thread taken down and back up.

Although Lee's attitude seems "cool" over the web, I think it might be exhausting for those who work with him 24/7... Lee you got to relax sometimes it's not good for the heart :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/4jz3ip/hey_this_is_lee_the_ceo_of_venture_electronics/

May 19, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #3,967 of 7,442
Asura 2 and Monk+ should be on my way... oh can`t wait to try them out and probably MOD them into IEM 
tongue.gif

May 19, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #3,972 of 7,442
I ordered hiegi donut foam from penon yesterday. Anybody ordered hiegi from penon before. How's their shipping timeline?

May 19, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #3,973 of 7,442
  Don't know if all of you guys know but there was a Reddit AMA with Lee
As usual with Lee "brutal honesty" over there...Also a bit of drama about the thread taken down and back up.

Although Lee's attitude seems "cool" over the web, I think it might be exhausting for those who work with him 24/7... Lee you got to relax sometimes it's not good for the heart :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/4jz3ip/hey_this_is_lee_the_ceo_of_venture_electronics/

hey man 

thx for commenting on my little sports today~

other than the few time that I have to use the F word a lot in one reply.

It has been pretty fun~

and I do not mind people asking me proper questions 

even if it takes all day

Cheers

Lee

May 19, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #3,974 of 7,442
I found the baggie with spare covers. Ripped one putting it over the first cover. Managed to get a 2nd cover on each side and now the are more comfortable and the bass is thicker. Gonna try out the donuts today and if need be maybe order the Hiegi full foams

Users who are viewing this thread

Back