[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
May 18, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #3,946 of 7,442
  That is true, but at the same time you can get multiple items and have the same flat rate shipping. If 3 Monks come in the same box then why are you/we getting charged multiple times. Makes no sense to me. Don't mean to derail. Just a legit question

I get what you're saying. Hey....everyone ships based on different things. I've seen plenty of companies that ship based on the price of the order. So if you bought $99 worth of lead weights it would cost less to ship than a single $100 baseball card. Doesn't make much sense sometimes. Some places build the price of shipping into the price of the item which sometimes is ok too in some ways. They have to be handled, postage may cost more, packaging may be larger, etc. Even if it's just built into the price of the item and it doesn't cost them a single cent more for actual shipping, there's still bigger fish to fry in that game. I think it's best to look at the overall picture. If someone wants to sell me an item that sells for $100 everywhere else and they want $50 + $40 shipping, It's still a better deal in the end....money talks.

This is coming from a guy who has had things delivered in flat rate boxes that the post office employees have had to hand write warnings on because of the weight. I also had a company that has free shipping drop ship me 100lb+ heavy bags too. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose.

May 18, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #3,947 of 7,442
Well just got home from work and there was a package for me. Could be my TK13 bc they were still at SF ICS as of this morning. It's my Monk Plus! I thought I had them shipped to my work lol. I also brought my donuts to work yesterday in prep of them so for tonight I'll have to use the included covers

EDIT: Listening right now via my Xduoo X3 to Fiio E12. Don't even need burn in. They are good to go. Wow.

May 18, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #3,949 of 7,442
  It's getting interesting: we are talking the best value for the money (Monk+) versus the worst value for the money (Tera player)

Nice to see someone note the irony.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #3,950 of 7,442
Will the donuts help with how uncomfortable they feel? Make my ears sore. I would try another stock cover on top but I lost the baggie with the spares already lolol

Well came to the conclusion, don't poop and Monk. Baggie must have fell into the toilet and got flushed... Or they grew a pair of legs and walked somewhere

May 18, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #3,952 of 7,442
BTW, DJBaila is selling an original discontinued Monk in the classified as a package to whoever buys his Zen 2.0
(Too bad I just bought some Zen 2.0 yesterday already!)... Collectors collectors, don't miss out on an original Monk...

May 18, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #3,953 of 7,442
  BTW, DJBaila is selling an original discontinued Monk in the classified as a package to whoever buys his Zen 2.0
(Too bad I just bought some Zen 2.0 yesterday already!)... Collectors collectors, don't miss out on an original Monk...

I got the OG Zen 1.0 and Monk 1.0, they will def be legendary collectibles in the future haha 

May 18, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #3,957 of 7,442
Nop, not a single dime of interest. And I wouldn't buy one ever again unless it was under $400, maybe... so likely not.
I'd rather spend my money on companies like VE and other companies who try their best to make quality products affordable to everyone.

May 19, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #3,958 of 7,442
  Nop, not a single dime of interest. And I wouldn't buy one ever again unless it was under $400, maybe... so likely not.
I'd rather spend my money on companies like VE and other companies who try their best to make quality products affordable to everyone.

I doubt he will ever drop the price back to a sane level.
This might interest you though.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/795394/indonesian-portable-dap-prototype-discussion-split-from-tera-player-thread/180#post_12575856

I have done the mesospheric fi thing before and never again. There is too much awesome stuff out there that costs less than a good used Porsche to try without padding the pockets of the vendors who are at such a high level the lack of oxygen is affecting them

May 19, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #3,959 of 7,442
I got the OG Zen 1.0 and Monk 1.0, they will def be legendary collectibles in the future haha 

Yeah, but do you have the legendary beta asura as well? Ha - I thought not!

Hmm, I'm sure uou have that as well lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back