[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
May 19, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #3,976 of 7,442
  hey man 

thx for commenting on my little sports today~

other than the few time that I have to use the F word a lot in one reply.

It has been pretty fun~

and I do not mind people asking me proper questions 

even if it takes all day

Cheers

Lee

Thanks for doing that Lee. I've only read a small part of the thread but will return to it.

However I will be sure to keep in mind one of the most insightful and relevant things I've ever read on the internet -

I think those who wanna stick out and surpass other people online are almost always the ones that have it pretty hard in real life, i meant u don't see ur boss trolling online telling people what is ok, what is not, cuz ur boss is paid to tell other people what to do, they won't do it for free, simply cuz it is the internet.

beerchug.gif

May 19, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #3,978 of 7,442
I tried to order the Monk today on Ali and they are out of stock. Do they normally come back quickly or does it take a while?

Already?! They were just in stock yesterday 
blink.gif

May 19, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #3,979 of 7,442
One cover, thin sound but still very good but also uncomfortable. Two covers, better sound b/c thicker bass but a bit muffled in the mids. Donuts, not muffled in the sound but lost its sense of balance. One Donut and a stock cover pad on top, PERFECT!

May 19, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #3,981 of 7,442
Well damn.

I actually think they're still in stock - but the expansion pack isn't available yet from my side as well, while the MP by itself is still in stock. 

May 19, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #3,983 of 7,442

I received my Monk + today. wow! No really WOW!
I can't believe how fun they sound out of my mojo!?!! Fit is great too, super comfy with the included foams.
Thx Lee, that's earbuds for the people :)

May 19, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #3,984 of 7,442
May 19, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #3,985 of 7,442
  hey man 

thx for commenting on my little sports today~

other than the few time that I have to use the F word a lot in one reply.

It has been pretty fun~

and I do not mind people asking me proper questions 

even if it takes all day

Cheers

Lee

Hey Lee, just would like to say thanks for making such an awesome earbud - it does sound extraordinary for the price, so special that even some of my non-audiophile friends noticed the difference between these and Beats. lol 
biggrin.gif

Quote from Reddit:
Thanks for pointing out. Have my upvote. The monks are not unique. Teclasta big OEM out of China have been supplying these exact earbuds for a number of years. They are OK for $5 nothing great about them.

^Don't let naysayers like them detract from your frank attitude! 

May 19, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #3,986 of 7,442
Yup - me too!
You know which question that begs asking :wink:

Hands down after owning just about every earbud devised by man except the (overpriced IMHO Yuin stuff) the Sony Ericsson hpm 62 with surgical tape over the back vent is still the leader of the pack.

NOT to be a thread crapper and for all the Monksters out there having fit issues or just fits in general. I give you the universal earbud silicone blob mod.

This is the Left side bud. As you can see it is a large blob of silicone strategically placed by bayesian analysis so that once put in the ear you press around until the bud is firing directly into your ear canal. A fairly large blob is used as you can see to take up the space and give enough material to support the housing for a good seal. Once done you will barely feel it there. Set your volume control down and away you go. I could make wild claims of SR009 rivaling perfomance and 3D renerings of the artist appearing magically in front of your eyes. I'd rather just have you folk who are interested try it out yourself and see what you come up with.
TheMaterial used here (yes I am actually nuts enough to put raw silicone in my ears) but thankfully you don't have to. Any drugstore or WalMart will have little packs of silicone putty  used for swimmers earplugs. Usually in the 5 to ten buck range for a sleeve of 5 or 6 half inch blobs. About a third of one of those blobs is what you see up there.
  Experience has proven that the clear stuff you see there is a little more dense so it provides a better seal, damps better, and takes the heat of the body better than the coloured variety you may find in some stores.

Yeah it effectively doubles the cost of the Monk, but look how much you save by getting the earbud equivalent of a Custom IEM:)

May 20, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #3,987 of 7,442
Monk tweak of the day or how to find the Monk´s sweetspot

Put them in. Gently push from top down. Now rotate them (you can use some force, don´t be too gentle) til you find the position where they sound the loudest at the volume you´ve set on your gear. That´s the sweetspot. Minimum leak, best seal = Stunning sound (and best bass performance!)
Have fun Guys!!  
wink.gif

May 20, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #3,990 of 7,442
Well I finally got my first set of monk plus. Just wanted to share that Im amazed, well over 5$ of sound in them! Didn't expect them to be that capable in low frequencies (especially for an earbud), I eq'd them to add a couple extra decibels in te sub-bass range and it handle even bass heavy drum and bass music. Great job everywhere else too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back