[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
May 20, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #3,991 of 7,442
Well I finally got my first set of monk plus. Just wanted to share that Im amazed, well over 5$ of sound in them! Didn't expect them to be that capable in low frequencies (especially for an earbud), I eq'd them to add a couple extra decibels in te sub-bass range and it handle even bass heavy drum and bass music. Great job everywhere else too.

beerchug.gif
definitely

May 20, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #3,992 of 7,442
Well I finally got my first set of monk plus. Just wanted to share that Im amazed, well over 5$ of sound in them! Didn't expect them to be that capable in low frequencies (especially for an earbud), I eq'd them to add a couple extra decibels in te sub-bass range and it handle even bass heavy drum and bass music. Great job everywhere else too.

In a very quite room they are absolute heaven to fall asleep in
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

May 20, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #3,993 of 7,442

Hands down after owning just about every earbud devised by man except the (overpriced IMHO Yuin stuff) the Sony Ericsson hpm 62 with surgical tape over the back vent is still the leader of the pack.

NOT to be a thread crapper and for all the Monksters out there having fit issues or just fits in general. I give you the universal earbud silicone blob mod.

This is the Left side bud. As you can see it is a large blob of silicone strategically placed by bayesian analysis so that once put in the ear you press around until the bud is firing directly into your ear canal. A fairly large blob is used as you can see to take up the space and give enough material to support the housing for a good seal. Once done you will barely feel it there. Set your volume control down and away you go. I could make wild claims of SR009 rivaling perfomance and 3D renerings of the artist appearing magically in front of your eyes. I'd rather just have you folk who are interested try it out yourself and see what you come up with.
TheMaterial used here (yes I am actually nuts enough to put raw silicone in my ears) but thankfully you don't have to. Any drugstore or WalMart will have little packs of silicone putty  used for swimmers earplugs. Usually in the 5 to ten buck range for a sleeve of 5 or 6 half inch blobs. About a third of one of those blobs is what you see up there.
  Experience has proven that the clear stuff you see there is a little more dense so it provides a better seal, damps better, and takes the heat of the body better than the coloured variety you may find in some stores.

Yeah it effectively doubles the cost of the Monk, but look how much you save by getting the earbud equivalent of a Custom IEM:)

Wow - ask a simple question, and get an Alien Blob Bud from Mars! 
wink.gif

I'll have to try me some blob one of these days!

May 20, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #3,995 of 7,442

Hands down after owning just about every earbud devised by man except the (overpriced IMHO Yuin stuff) the Sony Ericsson hpm 62 with surgical tape over the back vent is still the leader of the pack.

NOT to be a thread crapper and for all the Monksters out there having fit issues or just fits in general. I give you the universal earbud silicone blob mod.

This is the Left side bud. As you can see it is a large blob of silicone strategically placed by bayesian analysis so that once put in the ear you press around until the bud is firing directly into your ear canal. A fairly large blob is used as you can see to take up the space and give enough material to support the housing for a good seal. Once done you will barely feel it there. Set your volume control down and away you go. I could make wild claims of SR009 rivaling perfomance and 3D renerings of the artist appearing magically in front of your eyes. I'd rather just have you folk who are interested try it out yourself and see what you come up with.
TheMaterial used here (yes I am actually nuts enough to put raw silicone in my ears) but thankfully you don't have to. Any drugstore or WalMart will have little packs of silicone putty  used for swimmers earplugs. Usually in the 5 to ten buck range for a sleeve of 5 or 6 half inch blobs. About a third of one of those blobs is what you see up there.
  Experience has proven that the clear stuff you see there is a little more dense so it provides a better seal, damps better, and takes the heat of the body better than the coloured variety you may find in some stores.

Yeah it effectively doubles the cost of the Monk, but look how much you save by getting the earbud equivalent of a Custom IEM:)

I think the wife just threw away a pair of these 'cause I don't have the phone anymore & we were on spring cleaning
eek.gif

I wish I had more DIY skills
confused_face.gif

I do like the Monk+ much more though

May 20, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #3,996 of 7,442
  pata...i tot u would prefer the clearer Monkplus :p

Lors,
The Monk+ are still breaking in as we speak.
Although the Plus are faster, more detailed, etc., they seem to lack the overall musical synergy and/or musical engagement of the originals.
The jury is till out, as the Pluses continue to break in.

pataburd

May 20, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #4,002 of 7,442
Here is my quick impressions on original Monk with the famous impedance adapter.
I have the Dunu 75 ohm adapter. I tried it with DX90 and Xduoo X3.

I hear slight differences with it. Background is cleaner, the rumble of sub bass is much more present, cymbals are more precise.
Since I find the Xduoo X3 has pretty much background hiss, so it's enjoyable to have a cleaner background.
Overall, it seems more clean and tight BUT the magical mids of the original Monk have now disappeared a bit 
frown.gif
, also at the expense of a dramatical increase of volume +20db on Xduoo X3 
blink.gif

Well, I won' t personally use it with the original Monk but I was curious to try it myself. It costs me only 11 bucks precisely.
I will try it with the other earphones I have, just to give it a try. 

Btw I'm still waiting for my Monk Plus shipped a month ago, the wait is very hard...

May 20, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #4,003 of 7,442
Take a cold beer , or two ...
that makes "hard waiting"  easier ...

Irish Ale and a comfortable chair is the best way to wait for Monk :)

May 20, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #4,004 of 7,442
By the way , have anyone ordered more than just one Monk+ ?

I ordered a pair ,and i hear a difference between those two Monk + , one is more warmer with more body in mids and more mid bass .
The other is more clean and airy , less body , less bass .... simply put.

Have anyone else notice anything like that ??

May 20, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #4,005 of 7,442
  By the way , have anyone ordered more than just one Monk+ ?

I ordered a pair ,and i hear a difference between those two Monk + , one is more warmer with more body in mids and more mid bass .
The other is more clean and airy , less body , less bass .... simply put.

Have anyone else notice anything like that ??

really? I have a handful at hand, will compare them and see 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back