2012 Autumn Festival in October (private thread)
Oct 20, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #31 of 111
Anyone go to the festival today? How was it? I'm thinking of going tomorrow.

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #32 of 111
Probably wasn't that great today. A week before start. Just saying ... :wink:

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #33 of 111
Wait there are two festivals. This weekend is e earphone's festival.

Btw Arnaud did you get the shirts figured out? And can you set a jersey aside for me?

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #34 of 111
e-earphone festival, so they're competing with Fujiya Avic to get the attention now? I had not even heard of it (was it mentioned in this thread?). 

Anyhow, TShirts are getting here tonight and I guess I will try to set aside the ones listed in the poll above. Since I am bringing them all early on Saturday morning, I hope every one remembers what he ordered and just come pick it up in the room when one arrives. Otherwise, tell me exactly the type / size / color you ordered and I will put it aside.

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #35 of 111
I attended. Will write up a review with pix later. As far as I've noticed, smaller but more spacious, no foreign MoT were there (not invited??) to exhibit their products. Just their local JP distributors to promote their products.

It's still on tomorrow & for you guys who wanna try portable stuff that are readily available overseas but not in Japan, recommend to pop by Dimitri's Musica Acoustic's table. He has that new TTVJ slim DAC/Amp (can't remember the name but it's name reminds me of ice cream), Mr.Speakers Mad Dogs (recommend you guys to give this a listen!!), a new portable tube amp competing with Jaben's GoVibe, a new universal hybrid by Tralucent, etc.

I told them I wasn't going tomorrow but maybe I may make another show with different audio gear to test more.

Other new things is Ortofon's new portable amp, and an interesting DAC/Amp called Matrix (desktop already on the market for some time but portable version available next month onwards). Also Orb has their new Jade Casa...interesting desktop amp.

Disappointed no UE6000/9000, no Ultrasone SigDJ, & no Fostex TH-600 even though Fostex was there. Naturally no Audeze closed headphones.

Edit: TTVJ DAC/Amp was called Glacier...close enough to ice cream I guess.
P.S. no show from Sony :wink:.

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #36 of 111
@ AnakChan - thanks for the brief write up. I may pop by in the afternoon.

Arnaud - If you could set aside a large baseball t shirt it would very much be appreciated as I won't be there until the afternoon next week.

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #37 of 111
Tshirts arrived! skoog, will do...

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #39 of 111
Thanks Arnaud.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #40 of 111
So...... Ray Samuels will be there with his new Intruder?

I just pre-ordered the Centrance Hifi-m8 -Taking one for the team.

Fiio-X3 looks great, hope they have one at the show.

-I am thinking of popping by on the Sunday, Saturday is looking busy.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #41 of 111
Quote:
@ AnakChan - thanks for the brief write up. I may pop by in the afternoon.
Arnaud - If you could set aside a large baseball t shirt it would very much be appreciated as I won't be there until the afternoon next week.

mines a baseball L. Dark preferred.

But worse comes to worse will take what i can get on Sunday.
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #43 of 111
Looks like I'll be there on Sunday as well

Oct 21, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #44 of 111
Haven't opened the box Jude. It was a bit banged up (because half full) but not punctured or anything so should be alright...

Oct 21, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #45 of 111
Lots of good stuff coming out:

Audio Technica A2000X and ESW11JPN.
Fostex cans.
RSA Intruder
ALO balanced CLAS
Stax portable rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back