2011 Tokyo Headphone Festival - Head-Fi TV
Apr 6, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #16 of 104
35 minutes.  epic. 
eek.gif

but i have a feeling i'll watch it again soon... 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #18 of 104

Quote:

Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out that mistake. It must've just been pasted from the Stax SR-009 line. Sorry.

No biggie.  It was an excellent episode.  Also, now I'm listening to Suara.  Fantastic music.

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #19 of 104
Another great video, I'm always excited when a new episode of Head-Fi TV is uploaded and never disappointed.

Your passion for Head-Fi really comes through in this one, but it's also re-assuring to know even you were blown away by Tokyo and what it has to offer those who like headphones (and technology in general of course).

I was fortunate to visit a few years ago - before I got into Head-Fi, but I still remember the amazing array of headphones available - and I was gobsmacked by places like Akihabara and Yodobashi Camera. Tokyo is geek heaven, it doesn't matter what you're interested in; pens, watches, cameras, you can find anything and everything there!

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #22 of 104
Great episode. I skip over the parts with pics of headphone shops so I don't just punch the screen. I've wondered what I'd do if I ever got to go to a place like that, and I think I'd just take a week off to try pretty much every model I was interested, with no rush. Not just high-end ones, I think comparing to mid-fi models is great even if you can afford thousand-dollar cans. It's the reason why people are recommended to try lots of tiers of headphones instead of just jumping into an HD800, so you can appreciate every climb of this ridiculously expensive ladder. This probably goes without saying, but I really hope to get to visit these places one day. Japan is one of those places I feel like you should visit before you die, there are cultural aspects that you won't be able to experience anywhere else. Great story about Val and the headphone girl by the way.

I'm still hopeful eventually the O2 amp (and the upcoming ODAC in May) by NwAvGuy will deserve a mention on a future episode, but I understand why this would be kind of Taboo. I just feel that good audio gear is good audio gear, a circuit board is good or bad regardless of who designed it. And in this case it's amazing audio gear. 

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #25 of 104
Jude, your video was the equivalent of a "Grand Day Out" except for it was inside my listening room... great job to you and your support!
beerchug.gif

Kind regards,

Silent One

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #27 of 104
I wish I'd taken a photo of Jude's face when he walked into e-earphone and saw the cabinets. Ditto the look on the owner's face when he found out who his visitors were. Both were totally blown away.

Apr 6, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #29 of 104

Quote:
I can imagine the faces of the owners (especially Boo's) when they found out it was Jude and Head-Fi'ers visiting. Even more so during the Vmoda booths when the Japanese there found out it was the founder himself that was visiting.

There was a funny story about that ('Boo'):  Arnaud was with Val and talking to the guys there (at e-earphone).  And although Arnaud speaks Japanese quite well, it somehow wasn't coming across that Val was the actual owner of V-MODA.  I guess Val's photo is on the box of the LP2s; so Arnaud grabbed one of the boxes and pointed to it... and the lights went on big time!  They sort of jumped back, started to bow- the whole thing.  It was pretty hilarious!  
dt880smile.png

Apr 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #30 of 104

Quote:
There was a funny story about that ('Boo'):  Arnaud was with Val and talking to the guys there (at e-earphone).  And although Arnaud speaks Japanese quite well, it somehow wasn't coming across that Val was the actual owner of V-MODA.  I guess Val's photo is on the box of the LP2s; so Arnaud grabbed one of the boxes and pointed to it... and the lights went on big time!  They sort of jumped back, started to bow- the whole thing.  It was pretty hilarious!  
dt880smile.png

What about the guys at the booth selling Vmoda's. The big one's. I can't wait to hear what happened there.

And I'm sure Head-Fi is well known and despite Jude's humbleness in the video, I can bet that half the people were also big eyed. Did the OEM's(FOSTEX/Sony/ETC) know of Head-Fi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back