2011 Tokyo Headphone Festival - Head-Fi TV
Apr 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #31 of 104

Quote:
What about the guys at the booth selling Vmoda's. The big one's. I can't wait to hear what happened there.

And I'm sure Head-Fi is well known and despite Jude's humbleness in the video, I can bet that half the people were also big eyed. Did the OEM's(FOSTEX/Sony/ETC) know of Head-Fi?

Val didn't show up to the show until late- I didn't even see him there.  But knowing him, I'm sure there are stories to be told about him not being there.  
biggrin.gif
  Interestingly enough, although most of the industry people know of Head-Fi, it was sort of hit and miss with the 'regular' people.  I guess Head-Fi being in English sort of keeps it centered around such locations.

Apr 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #32 of 104

Quote:
Val didn't show up to the show until late- I didn't even see him there.  But knowing him, I'm sure there are stories to be told about him not being there.  
biggrin.gif
  Interestingly enough, although most of the industry people know of Head-Fi, it was sort of hit and miss with the 'regular' people.  I guess Head-Fi being in English sort of keeps it centered around such locations.

That's a bummer. It would have been hilarious. The Vmoda booth it looked to be a decent size too! I could just see all the Japanese Vmoda represenatives there with their booths and stuff. Val goes up and...boom. And somebody records all their faces!

Sadly it is hit-and miss as I expected :frowning2:

Did your group having a ..... large audio influence get treated differently? I mean you guys went with represenatvies from companies that had products and booths at the places you went and then you have Jude. Was the service and attention more special if and when you revealed yourselves to the staff or people at the stores or festival's you attended?

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #34 of 104

Quote:
That's a bummer. It would have been hilarious. The Vmoda booth it looked to be a decent size too! I could just see all the Japanese Vmoda represenatives there with their booths and stuff. Val goes up and...boom. And somebody records all their faces!

What Val needs to do is work his way into the Tokyo club scene.  He would probably pick up a good following there.

Did your group having a ..... large audio influence get treated differently? I mean you guys went with represenatvies from companies that had products and booths at the places you went and then you have Jude. Was the service and attention more special if and when you revealed yourselves to the staff or people at the stores or festival's you attended?

We did get early access to the show- before it was open to the public.  That was a huge help in getting photos because it was packed from opening through closing.  Otherwise I wouldn't say we got special treatment.  But in Japan the service is already stellar.  I'm not kidding- each time I get back from there, I go through sort of a culture shock.  I get better service at the corner quick mart over there than I do in most nice restaurants here in the U.S.  Seriously.

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #35 of 104
Great video! Excellent job Jude! I like how Drew from Moon Audio couldn't stop checking out the connectors and leaving the shop.

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #37 of 104
I wish I could go. Japan is an amazing place for both my hobbies: anime and audio.

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #38 of 104
LOL, I went to Fujiya Avic today. Its about 15 minutes walk from my house.

Great video. I find it hard to be motivated to visit the shows -mainly because the stores in Tokyo already have everything on display for us to try.
The main reason I would go would be to meet other head-fiers.

*penciled in.

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #39 of 104

Quote:

Great video. I find it hard to be motivated to visit the shows -mainly because the stores in Tokyo already have everything on display for us to try.

Hate you.

But I understand.  
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #41 of 104

Quote:

*penciled in.

Fujiya Avic actually has really good quality 2nd hand stuff there too. I bought my SR-009s there back in Feb for an outstanding price and it's virtually indistinguishable from new. Recently another one popped up for the same price and I informed my friend - he bought it too :D. I'd say Fujiya Avic is much more damaging to my wallet than e-earphone.

@Mkubota1, I agree that Val should get into the DJ scene here more. Entirely my opinion though (and purely from a sales/promotion perspective) but I think some bling would help even further into the mainstream rather than underground.

P.S. she truly is as pretty as she looks :D

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #42 of 104

Quote:
A famous Japanese audio company will launch new high-class headphones at the event...
Let's enjoy!!

Let the rumors start... now. 
popcorn.gif

Quote:

Fujiya Avic actually has really good quality 2nd hand stuff there too. I bought my SR-009s there back in Feb for an outstanding price and it's virtually indistinguishable from new. Recently another one popped up for the same price and I informed my friend - he bought it too :D. I'd say Fujiya Avic is much more damaging to my wallet than e-earphone.

That would be my one real shot at even considering the 007/009s.  Hmmmm...

P.S. she truly is as pretty as she looks :D

That wouldn't be DJ Yuria- would it?  http://ameblo.jp/yuria-official/

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #44 of 104

Quote:
Let the rumors start... now. 
popcorn.gif

That would be my one real shot at even considering the 007/009s.  Hmmmm...

That wouldn't be DJ Yuria- would it?  http://ameblo.jp/yuria-official/

That's DJ Kyoko (or Kiyoco as she puts it). http://ameblo.jp/kiyoco/

I'll PM you if another 009 crops up :D.

Apr 7, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #45 of 104

Quote:
Quote:

Oh! I do, too (that's for sure :)... Tokyo looks awesome, and they look even more into headphones than anywhere else, city I can think of... even in my engineering school people and electronic engineers buys, uses and wears el-cheapo headphones, either no-names unbranded types, or the cheapest possible Sony, JVC and if I'm lucky, yes, Sennheiser.

They buy like one per year and enjoy mistreating it, of course, that's why they always end up broken.

Me I do some research before buying a product and I want to ensure I will appreciate the purchase, as far as pleasure-inducing stuff goes. Just like when picking a restaurant, why always return to McDonald's when there is so much more elsewhere.

Still I will say that music is more important to me than it is for most other people I see in my every day life, so that's a factor for me, yes, explaining why I chose to focus and spend so much of my attention onto headphones.

Very wise words! Better to buy something expensive of good quality and enjoy it for years, than buying something cheap and crap that breaks after just months of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back