2011 New Year resolutions (headphone wise)
Jan 1, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #76 of 131

Quote:
My resolution this year is to get a Fostex T50RP and go crazy with it.

Very rewarding experience to add the "tinker" layer to the hobby!
beerchug.gif

Jan 1, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #80 of 131
This year I will buy only one new pmp, one iem and one big hp. And that's it!

Jan 1, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #81 of 131
Happy new year!

Hopefully my wallet isn't going to take any major head-fi hits, the only thing I'm eyeing right now is a Darth Beyer, preferably a deep cup one with 600Ω drivers, in persuit of my basshead needs.

Jan 1, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #83 of 131
Going to get rid of my Soundcraft PL50 which I never bonded with and my HD580 now I have a pair of HD600.
Keeping my AKG K701 and will send off for replacements for my broken Koss KSC-75s though I don't know what I'll do with them after. I have a pair of JVC HA-RX700 (modded), but a good pair of closed phones for late night listening is on the cards.

As for amps, I may sell my Darkvoice 332 and just get a good solid state amp, though I'm going to be building a home cinema this year (have AV & 2 channel amps, plasma, Blu-Ray & media players, just need surround speakers).

Streamlining my equipment is the order of the day (year).

Jan 1, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #84 of 131
my friend asked me what my resolution was, i told him, "buy more headphones' and he's like, "that isn't a resolution for you..that's a fact"

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #86 of 131
My resolution is to try to acquire a Sony R10 this year. I just cant get them out of my mind.

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #87 of 131
I'm thinking about losing my HD555's and getting some Grados. The ATH-M50's are great for that time I just need to pump bass, but I otherwise just like a smooth rolling bass as I listen to some pretty chill electronic stuff and Pink Floyd. I don't know where to really start with the Grado line as these Senns are used only for my computer.

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #88 of 131

Quote:
My resolution is to try to acquire a Sony R10 this year. I just cant get them out of my mind.

Quote:
I'm thinking about losing my HD555's and getting some Grados. The ATH-M50's are great for that time I just need to pump bass, but I otherwise just like a smooth rolling bass as I listen to some pretty chill electronic stuff and Pink Floyd. I don't know where to really start with the Grado line as these Senns are used only for my computer.

SR80i or the 225i if you can afford it, or the 325is/i (goldies or brushed aluminum edition, forget about the chromies and assuming you can take the treble emphasis)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back