$200 For Eletronic Music
Oct 18, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #16 of 41
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm,
Ultrasone HFI 580
Denon D1100

The Panasonic HTF600 is on the way, so I can't comment on that yet.  But the above are all strong bass oriented cans that should do the genre some justice.  I'm not a huge fan of the M50, so have a hard time suggesting it over the Ultrasone or the Beyer.

If Portable use is a concern, try the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II.  It'll have less comfort than the above, but with superior isolation and portability.

Oct 18, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 41
It can get loud without an amp, though it lacks a bit of dynamics without one.  It'll still sound awesome, it just won't be 100% of its potential.  You'll enjoy it though and won't think its lacking until you've heard it on an amp and then go back to it without one, so no worries.

Quote:
Im going to buy the

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 but is it loud without an amp?

Thank you all

Oct 18, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #20 of 41
I never thought i would recommend the ATH-M50 for anything, but if theres one thing it does considerably better than any other genre in that price range, its electronic.

It's a decent value for what it costs but it is for a very niched certain kind of listener, and I don't even think it sounds half way decent on any other genre, so if you want it strictly for electronic, it would be a good buy, but i dont find it to sound good on much anything else. Rock, hip hop, classical, all the rest just sound muddy and sibilant and sterile and bleh.

It is VERY V shaped in frequency response, meaning theres airy detailed (and often painful) highs, no vocals or mid instruments, and strong bass of elecontric sound very good, since the headphone flourishes in all the necessary aspects of an elecontric frequency response. 

If you want to get a lot more for your money, i would spend an extra 50 bucks and find a used denon AH-D 2000. It does electronic, not to mention every other genre, much better :)

Oct 18, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #22 of 41
Ok, thank you but im going to stay with the beyerdynamic dt 770 pro-80 because it work good on a suit of music styles and have a great bass too... The question is: It will have a good performance on my Ipod?

Oct 18, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #24 of 41

Quote:
Vonx, what do you listen to more precisely on the M50, and what other headphones have you heard?

Electronic, since nothing else sounds right.

I try to listen to rock as brain-in becomes more and more apparent, and even after all the adjustment, it just sounds completely underwhelming, which is NOT how rock/metal should ever sound, in fact it should sound the opposite. 

Basically, anything that has a real instrument, sounds like ^%$&*

I've heard the denon ah-d2000's, sr-60's, ms1s, a huge plethora of IEM's, most notably the sennheiser line from IE6-IE8, the ad700's along with the ones i already own. 

Oct 18, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #25 of 41

Quote:
Ok, thank you but im going to stay with the beyerdynamic dt 770 pro-80 because it work good on a suit of music styles and have a great bass too... The question is: It will have a good performance on my Ipod?

Watch out for recessed mids. You might never think you will notice them now but believe me, you will. 

The beyerdynamic dt 770 is an M50 with boomier bass.

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #27 of 41
The denon AH-D1100 is excellent with electronic music.

Great bass and soundstage, super comfortable, portable, no need for amp.

If you can get the D2000, go ahead, Just remember you'll want to get some amplification with those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back