1MORE Triple Driver IEM vs HiFiMAN RE-400?
May 21, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #17 of 46
May 23, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #18 of 46
RE-400 vs 1More:
lighter, comfortable
clean sound, mid-oriented earphones, detailed highs, bass lacks quantity (still has quality)
suitable for instrumental music.

1More vs RE-400:
bigger and heavier
sound seems to be complete, with better bass extension, punchier (might be 'bassier' for some)
better soundstage
suitable for all genres.
harder to drive

In terms of comfort, RE-400 >> 1More.
In terms of sound quality, 1More Triple Driver simply performs better by having a complete sound. There's a better balance between bass, mids and highs.

My 0.02$

May 23, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #19 of 46
  RE-400 vs 1More:
lighter, comfortable
clean sound, mid-oriented earphones, detailed highs, bass lacks quantity (still has quality)
suitable for instrumental music.

1More vs RE-400:
bigger and heavier
sound seems to be complete, with better bass extension, punchier (might be 'bassier' for some)
better soundstage
suitable for all genres.
harder to drive

In terms of comfort, RE-400 >> 1More.
In terms of sound quality, 1More Triple Driver simply performs better by having a complete sound. There's a better balance between bass, mids and highs.

My 0.02$

Many thanks!

Are the 1Mores comfortable for over-the-ear use?

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #23 of 46
My RE-400's are falling apart. I would never buy them again. The 1MORE's build quality is 100% better. I would say the comparisons in this thread are accurate. I prefer the sound of the 1MOREs. The 400's sound thin compared to the 1MOREs.

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #26 of 46
My RE-400's are falling apart. I would never buy them again. The 1MORE's build quality is 100% better. I would say the comparisons in this thread are accurate. I prefer the sound of the 1MOREs. The 400's sound thin compared to the 1MOREs.

Same, I was surprised by how poorly built my re-400's were. 

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #27 of 46
How do the 1MORE's compare to the RHA MA750i?

I listen to classical and instrumental soundtracks.
That tends to mean solid tight bass with clear treble and smooth mids.

I'm wondering which one to go for.
What's the build quality like, I know the MA750 are built from stainless steel and can only be worn up?

Thank you

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #28 of 46
  How do the 1MORE's compare to the RHA MA750i?

I listen to classical and instrumental soundtracks.
That tends to mean solid tight bass with clear treble and smooth mids.

I'm wondering which one to go for.
What's the build quality like, I know the MA750 are built from stainless steel and can only be worn up?

Thank you

I'm not familiar with the MA750i, so I can't give you a comparison.

The Triple Drivers are very solidly built, and offer strong sound reproduction - the general consensus seems to be that you'd have to spend a lot more money to equal or exceed them. (I can't personally vouch for this, as the Triples are the most expensive 'phones I've tried so far.) They offer only fairly shallow insertion (unlike ear-f_ckers like my Vsonic VC-02's), and are only really usable with the cables down. I wasn't super-happy with the fit I was getting with the included tips, perhaps because the thick, angled nozzles aren't at the exact angle as my ear canals; I've substituted SpinFit CP100-L's, and they've helped a lot.

The Triples' sound profile has been described as relatively balanced, with a slight "V" profile; my own impression confirms this. Listening to a variety of music (largely Indian classical and jazz, with a smattering of other stuff) with equalization set to all-flat, I've found nothing to complain about - nothing in the sound appears to be missing, and nothing seems to be over-emphasized. Isolation, as you'd expect with shallow-insertion 'phones, is nothing special; but other than that, I'm very happy with my Triples.

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #30 of 46
Has anyone compared the One More with the Shure se 215?. I own the one more triple driver and I found they are not confortable at all. Sound is good, a Little bassy for me. I think they sound way better with modern music, electronica mostly. Not that good with alternative rock. I never tested the Shure se 215. Any suggestion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back