1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Jun 30, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #526 of 1,585
Would you mind letting me know about which Ear-Buds you're talking about? :) Oh Boi, why do I even ask... too.. curios.. :D

You need to come HERE and ask some questions. Then everyone can argue over what you should get :) Monk Lite is one answer but not the only answer and not necessarily the best answer.

I am a curious person too... look at my list! It did not get that big because I was dissatisfied. I am not getting any other full sized headphones but the buds....

Jun 30, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #527 of 1,585
You need to come HERE and ask some questions. Then everyone can argue over what you should get :) Monk Lite is one answer but not the only answer and not necessarily the best answer.

I am a curious person too... look at my list! It did not get that big because I was dissatisfied. I am not getting any other full sized headphones but the buds....

Oh boy, well, I'll check it out. I wasn't even aware that such thread existed, thank you! :D Maybe I find some cheap ones which fit me. :)

Also, dear lord, you have a lot of headphones. And a lot is understated LOL. Crazy! Crazy cool of course! So, do you have a special place where you keep them all? You also don't have any plans to sell a bunch of them anytime soon? I feel like I'm the type of person which likes to settle down with one headphone at a time since I'd otherwise get problems with my conscience as in "You have so many he phones laying around which you don't listen to, why not sell them?" :D

Finally, regarding the Monk Lite, they do still look like they're as big as the normal Monks, right? In this case, I don't know if they'll fit me but since you metioned them they might in fact be smaller?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #528 of 1,585
Question, does the passive radiator or how you call it in these headphones allow you to feel the beats in electronic music? I'm curious if that "shaking" causes the whole enclosure to shake a little bit (did you try hold the cup in your palm when playing some EDM music? to see if it causes shaking to the enclosure?). The Q40 I use have this ability when I pair them up with the DigiZoid amp which further strengthens bass that the whole enclosure vibrates and causes me to feel the beats and don't even have to listen very loud to feel it and I love the ability to feel the beats in electronic dance music, makes it a whole lot more engaging.

Have you ever felt something like that with these? I think Tyll mentioned it briefly about giving it a very slight tactile sense to the bass if I remember correctly. I'm on the hunt for new headphones which also can give me that tactile bass sensation (I don't necessarily want loud bass, I just want to feel it, rather than hear it). Taction Kannons which also have built-in haptic driver to make you really feel the bass didn't quite cut it in the sound quality department.

Also can you explain exactly what happens to the sound if turning them around L & R? Are mids less distant sounding or what? (one of my major concerns as I like mids to be a bit more "up-front" & personal (I prefer the front-seat presentation rather than the backrow, eg. Beyedynamic DT770).

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #530 of 1,585
i find the silver ones at least to like power. not a100 type of insane output but they def like a good amount of clean power and when given that they can play louder and stay cleaner and more controlled. when trying to make them scream with a smaller portable device i find them only decent at higher volumes.

Jun 30, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #531 of 1,585
Question, does the passive radiator or how you call it in these headphones allow you to feel the beats in electronic music? I'm curious if that "shaking" causes the whole enclosure to shake a little bit (did you try hold the cup in your palm when playing some EDM music? to see if it causes shaking to the enclosure?). The Q40 I use have this ability when I pair them up with the DigiZoid amp which further strengthens bass that the whole enclosure vibrates and causes me to feel the beats and don't even have to listen very loud to feel it and I love the ability to feel the beats in electronic dance music, makes it a whole lot more engaging.

Have you ever felt something like that with these? I think Tyll mentioned it briefly about giving it a very slight tactile sense to the bass if I remember correctly. I'm on the hunt for new headphones which also can give me that tactile bass sensation (I don't necessarily want loud bass, I just want to feel it, rather than hear it). Taction Kannons which also have built-in haptic driver to make you really feel the bass didn't quite cut it in the sound quality department.

Also can you explain exactly what happens to the sound if turning them around L & R? Are mids less distant sounding or what? (one of my major concerns as I like mids to be a bit more "up-front" & personal (I prefer the front-seat presentation rather than the backrow, eg. Beyedynamic DT770).

As Tyll said it is a slight haptic feedback and not overdone. The louder you crank your amp it intensifies a bit. Still probably the weakest of the haptic bass headphones I've tried.

I've tried a few headphones that have tactile feedback. The Skullcandy Skull Crusher Wireless which were terrible. They created a resonance and rattling in the earcup that I couldn't stand. The Nuraphones were okay haptic feedback actually surprising how powerful it was. The fit on the Nuraphones was very uncomfortable in many ways had to get rid of them plus they were way too expensive for what they did. The best option in my opinion is the Sony Pulse Wireless Headset. The Pulse provides the strongest haptic bass out the options I've tried. You can use it wirelessly on PC and PS4 with the dongle, or you can use it wired. I like using it with a Vmoda BoomPro mic with it turned on so I can still get the haptic bass. The microphone it has built in isn't the best. The haptic feedback is strong but adjustable via a slider (mines is at about 2/3rd the max). The Sony Pulse Wireless can be found pretty cheap on ebay. I haven't tried the Taction Kannons but don't really want to spend that much on them.

Jun 30, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #532 of 1,585
Question, does the passive radiator or how you call it in these headphones allow you to feel the beats in electronic music?

I just sampled several psytrance and psybient tracks and there isnt much tactile sensation with these,using an AGD R2R-11 as amp.
The bass is quite satisfying and goes fairly deep,but the "slam" wont make you forget the Kannons at all. As far as the overall sound vs. the Kannons there is zero comparison...The 1More blows it out of the water. Its a very good sounding HP for the price.

Jun 30, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #533 of 1,585
Finally, regarding the Monk Lite, they do still look like they're as big as the normal Monks, right? In this case, I don't know if they'll fit me but since you metioned them they might in fact be smaller?

It is a different smaller shell... the same one used by the Qian39.

It is why it is called the Lite. People had been wanting the Monk sound in a smaller bud.

You will need to do some reading in the bud thread... it is too long of course but the search feature works.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #534 of 1,585
As Tyll said it is a slight haptic feedback and not overdone. The louder you crank your amp it intensifies a bit. Still probably the weakest of the haptic bass headphones I've tried.

I've tried a few headphones that have tactile feedback. The Skullcandy Skull Crusher Wireless which were terrible. They created a resonance and rattling in the earcup that I couldn't stand. The Nuraphones were okay haptic feedback actually surprising how powerful it was. The fit on the Nuraphones was very uncomfortable in many ways had to get rid of them plus they were way too expensive for what they did. The best option in my opinion is the Sony Pulse Wireless Headset. The Pulse provides the strongest haptic bass out the options I've tried. You can use it wirelessly on PC and PS4 with the dongle, or you can use it wired. I like using it with a Vmoda BoomPro mic with it turned on so I can still get the haptic bass. The microphone it has built in isn't the best. The haptic feedback is strong but adjustable via a slider (mines is at about 2/3rd the max). The Sony Pulse Wireless can be found pretty cheap on ebay. I haven't tried the Taction Kannons but don't really want to spend that much on them.

I just sampled several psytrance and psybient tracks and there isnt much tactile sensation with these,using an AGD R2R-11 as amp.
The bass is quite satisfying and goes fairly deep,but the "slam" wont make you forget the Kannons at all. As far as the overall sound vs. the Kannons there is zero comparison...The 1More blows it out of the water. Its a very good sounding HP for the price.

Thanks for the response. I'm trying to estimate what I could expect of them. With the Q40 when listening to tracks with very powerful beats (I'm a hardstyle fan) like say this one for example:

With the DigiZoid ZO amp turned off I'm like possibly ever so faintly noticing slight bass impact when on my ears or it's at the point I'm unsure whether I feel anything or not and when I hold the cup in my hand I veery slightly feel vibration in the cups at my normal listening volume level. Turning on the DigiZoid amp again it becomes very noticeable "feel the bass"-sensation like it would physically attack my ears (while the bass I actually hear is more like in-line with the rest in the track) when on my head and when holding the headphone in my hand the whole cup vibrates very noticeably.

I know the 1More headphones aren't tuned for haptic feedback and it's more for the tuning of the bass since it's kept fairly polite in level but yea if it's at the level that it starts faintly being felt even without any bass boosting amp then I suppose when pairing it with such it should be felt even better. My problem with the Kannons though (besides the lacking sound quality for the price) was that the felt bass feedback was very uneven depending on frequency, it was strongest around 50Hz but Hardstyle the bass can be centered/peakin at anything from 40 to 80Hz so it moves around quite a bit and thus it didn't provide the ideal listening experience.

I don't want too overpowering bass tactile sensation either, around the levels it starts to being felt is about right for me, Kannons could go very much over-the-top for my tastes starting at like lvl7~8 or so up to lvl 12 maximum, I usually preferred the middle setting lvl 6 which was a very modest feedback, roughly same lvl I experience with the Q40 + Digizoid amp combo.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #535 of 1,585
i find the silver ones at least to like power. not a100 type of insane output but they def like a good amount of clean power and when given that they can play louder and stay cleaner and more controlled. when trying to make them scream with a smaller portable device i find them only decent at higher volumes.

Although the 1Mores are technically listenable with a low powered source like a phone, you are rewarded as you feed more power. I recently picked up a FiiO A5, which has more than enough power on tap. They really shine!

Jun 30, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #537 of 1,585
@Slater for that foam mod you know how there are 4 foam pieces stacked on each other. Am I suppose to cut the stack in half or just peel one piece off the stack and cut that in half 2 times? Sorry if this has been asked before.

You treat the whole stack as 1 piece. You don’t peel any of the layers off.

So just cut the stack in half 2 times and you’re done. Follow the How2 I made.

If you have any other issues lemme know :)

Jul 1, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #538 of 1,585
It is a different smaller shell... the same one used by the Qian39.

It is why it is called the Lite. People had been wanting the Monk sound in a smaller bud.

You will need to do some reading in the bud thread... it is too long of course but the search feature works.

A smaller version of the Monk is already very interesting.

I have to check the thread out in detail and I'll also have to give Ear Buds another shot! This is great. :) These may be just be the perfect alternative to an full Over-Ear headphone. :D

Thank you!! :)

Jul 1, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #539 of 1,585
I have to check the thread out in detail and I'll also have to give Ear Buds another shot! This is great. :) These may be just be the perfect alternative to an full Over-Ear headphone. :D

In hot weather it is a good alternative for me. You may as well experience it all:)

Thank you!! :)

Say that again after you have spent too much money or have too many little cases sitting around...lol.

Jul 1, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #540 of 1,585
Say that again after you have spent too much money or have too many little cases sitting around...lol.

Hahaha, good point. No seriously, without Head-Fi my life would for sure be a lot less exciting. Headphones are a big part of my life currently and I wouldn't want to miss it for the world. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back