1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Jun 25, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #511 of 1,586
six, they are type of you need more volume to hear them, if you like to listen to above average sound these are for you, they lose magic at low volumes
seven, they scale with amping

You might be onto something there about the low volumes, because I tend to always have these suckers cranked lol. Well, not ear bleeding levels, but they definitely are awesome at louder volumes.

Jun 25, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #512 of 1,586
I can say this, first swap left with right as they sound different and listen to what orientation you like, they sound the same but spacial queues are different in reverse (after swapping connector of course :p), reversing them gave more soundstage for me ....

Kudos for trying this. I wish more owners would be open to this simple trick. It fits better and sounds better when flipped backwards!

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #513 of 1,586
Kudos for trying this. I wish more owners would be open to this simple trick. It fits better and sounds better when flipped backwards!

So, you are trying to guilt me into trying it:) Not sure my OCD can handle having them the wrong way around...

Jun 25, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #514 of 1,586
So, you are trying to guilt me into trying it:) Not sure my OCD can handle having them the wrong way around...

Sorry, but unless your ears
71z6BulgXUL._SL1425_.jpg
you're not allowed to do that trick :)

Jun 30, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #516 of 1,586
I reconsidered my comment about warm amp as these have recressed mids and smooth sound they lose details with r2r amps, better matched with solid stigma dac/amp I think, I have gold version

Jun 30, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #517 of 1,586
Do not get me wrong these are still most fun sounding with very acceptable technical performance for price, they do have this high end smooth sound, very detailed treble, frequency extends on both low and high ends. With meaninful rumble down 20 hrz and reaching high treble without fatique. Also very huge sound stage and solid pinpoint imaging with excellent width and hight but average depth.

Problem they do sound vield when direct compared to high end bcz of average mid performance. And the bass can be heared as one note bass bcz of reflector driver coloring the low notes in consistent way. Accoustic intruments are not as real souning as high end stuff. They are bad at high volume and with complex bass tracks.

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #518 of 1,586
They are bad at high volume and with complex bass tracks.

I don't listen to anything at high volume.

I have no problem with the mids... or with anything about them. Probably your ears are more golden than mine:) If I get lost in the music I don't think critically. These allow me to get lost in the music. I don't know if the many years I spent only listening through speakers alters my expectations. My best were the Advent Heritage which were not super expensive but were extremely well regarded. People still look for those to refurbish. I was unable to bring them with me when I moved from the States to the UK. Sad, but they would not have been suitable in the rooms we have here. So, I have had to learn to listen with headphones, iems and buds. Possibly my opinion about a headphone (or anything) is redundant.

Jun 30, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #519 of 1,586
I've had the 1MORE Over-Ear Triples for about a year give or take and I somehow never thought "I need a better over ear, the mids are too recessed, the highs are too piercing, the bass is not enough". These were one of the first headphones which just satisfied me, until I listened to the Cascades and realized the 1MOREs are actually quiet colored, BUT, I also sold the Cascades because they just had too much bass for me, so colored as well in another aspect. So in retrospect, I have to say, I would rather buy the 1MOREs again instead of the Cascades. :)

What I want to say, every headphone will of course "color" your music. There is no such thing as a perfectly balanced headphone but as mbwilson111 stated, some headphone make you forget about that and then it clicks and you're just satisfied. Funny thing, I always thought I was kind of a basshead, thus the Cascades should've fitted me perfectly, but now I'm actually more of mid-head, or coherence-head, which doesn't sound as cool but well whatever! :D

Jun 30, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #520 of 1,586
it clicks and you're just satisfied

Exactly. The H1707 just clicks. It lets me listen to my music. I don't do a-b comparisons because that just ruins the music for me.

now I'm actually more of mid-head, or coherence-head, which doesn't sound as cool but well whatever! :D

...well those words might be a little clumsy but the concept is cool:)

Are you currently without a headphone?

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #521 of 1,586
Are you currently without a headphone?

Oh god no, I couldn't survive for long! On the contrary, I've tried the Aeon Flow Closed, Audioquest Nightowl, Cascades, then In-Ears like the IMR R1 until I also purchased the Hisenior B8 which I adore, but they're on sale currently to justify my purchase of the Hisenior T12, which has 12BAs per side and it's their flagship.

The Hisenior B8 made me lick blood and now I'll have every headphone listed sold beside the IMR and the B8. Afterward the T12 will be my one-and-only go-to headphone. At least for now. :)

I'm currently crazy for BA only In-Ears. They come with this crazy clarity, speed, articulation and they downright fascinate me. :)

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #522 of 1,586
Oh god no, I couldn't survive for long!

I knew you had in ears... it just seemed like you might currently be without an actual headphone. I

What will you do if you don't like the 12BA as much as you love your B8? I don't think that more BAs automatically means better...Hope it works out for you.

I considered Aeons at one point but I have more than enough full sized headphones now. I have never sold anything. The only ones I would sell are only worth a few dollars.

Tried buds yet? :ksc75smile:

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #523 of 1,586
I knew you had in ears... it just seemed like you might currently be without an actual headphone. I

What will you do if you don't like the 12BA as much as you love your B8? I don't think that more BAs automatically means better...Hope it works out for you.

I considered Aeons at one point but I have more than enough full-sized headphones now. I have never sold anything. The only ones I would sell are only worth a few dollars.

Tried buds yet? :ksc75smile:

Oh! I thought with headphones you meant IEMs as well haha. :)

No, more BAs doesn't have to mean better, good point, but the T12 just has higher quality BAs, as well as dedicated BAs for the bass in this example, the B8 use mid dedicated BAs for bass, which means there is definitely room for improvement, and the T12 also uses Sonion 33AP BAs for the mids and these are also known to of very high quality. Also, the T12 has a more, to me, likeable frequency graph compared to the B8, for example just a bit more bass!

The Aeons were really nice, I even thought these may become my next main headphones for the coming years, but man, the bass was just lacking for me. I know everyone hears things differently, but no matter which friend of mine tried them, they all either were like "Where is the bass?" or "These are a bit bass light aren't they?" even with the inserts, but YMMW of course.

Yes, I own the VE Monk and VE Monk Plus, but they don't provide a proper fit for my ears, which means they just don't have much bass at all. xD I'd say that is bad luck, but In-Ears fit me very well and I also don't produce much earwax which is a plus as well.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #524 of 1,586
Yes, I own the VE Monk and VE Monk Plus, but they don't provide a proper fit for my ears, which means they just don't have much bass at all. xD I'd say that is bad luck, but In-Ears fit me very well and I also don't produce much earwax which is a plus as well.

Yes the Monk/Monk Plus is the biggest (along with others that use the same shell. They are a bit big for me but I do get plenty of bass. Some of us are discovering really great buds that are a bit smaller. IEMs do feel more secure in the ear but sometimes I hate the isolation... especially if I am expecting the doorbell or the phone to ring. I cannot take them in and out of my ears multiple times a day without my ears becoming a bit irritated. When that happens I cannot wear them at all for a couple of days. Fortunately I have plenty of buds and headphones to choose from.

One of the things I really like about the H1707 is how easy it is to just grab and wear... and to take off if/when needed...and put back on...

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #525 of 1,586
Yes the Monk/Monk Plus is the biggest (along with others that use the same shell. They are a bit big for me but I do get plenty of bass. Some of us are discovering really great buds that are a bit smaller. IEMs do feel more secure in the ear but sometimes I hate the isolation... especially if I am expecting the doorbell or the phone to ring. I cannot take them in and out of my ears multiple times a day without my ears becoming a bit irritated. When that happens I cannot wear them at all for a couple of days. Fortunately I have plenty of buds and headphones to choose from.

One of the things I really like about the H1707 is how easy it is to just grab and wear... and to take off if/when needed...and put back on...

Would you mind letting me know about which Ear-Buds you're talking about? :) Oh Boi, why do I even ask... too.. curios.. :D

Further, you're right, headphones do have the advantage that you're able to put them on or off without causing skin friction. Thankfully my ears don't become irritated from in-ears, hopefully never! :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back