1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Jun 14, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #496 of 1,586
If you didn't like them, I would have had to disappear from this thread...

Lol! Fortunately your recommendation was right on the mark :)

Gotcha.

I just meant did you notice any sound difference with them turned one way vs the other? I actually noticed a minor improvement - a little less veiled, a little cleaner and brighter sound.

Right. I will have to ab to see if I can hear the difference. But I'm pretty sure that I agree with you. And I am sure that switching them around doesn't degrade the sound in any way.

Jun 20, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #497 of 1,586
@mbwilson111, I must re-iterate that these headphones were a perfect recommendation for me. Thank you. They truly are excellent.

@Slater, flipping around the headphones has made quite a difference in comfort for me. I am still going to do the Beats Studio 2 pad mod some day, but I am good for now.

For anyone...

I posted this in the NIghthawks forum, but it applies to the 1more's just as much, so here goes:

Does anyone have an opinion on this 2.5mm ttrs balanced cable?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075C55BGV/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

I'm looking to use this with the NH's and/or the 1more triple driver over ear headphones connected to the Radsone ES100.

The price works for me, and the seller will make a shorter version as well (I'd prefer 4 or 4.5 ft).

Or does anyone have any other reasonably priced balanced cable suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Jun 20, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #498 of 1,586
posted this in the NIghthawks forum, but it applies to the 1more's just as much, so here goes:

The black part of that cable looks similar to some that I have had that are quite still and microphonic. Similar to ones that I paid around $10 for unbalanced. For the price they want it should be nicer...although, being Amazon , you could return it if you are disappointed.

Jun 20, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #499 of 1,586
@Slater, flipping around the headphones has made quite a difference in comfort for me. I am still going to do the Beats Studio 2 pad mod some day, but I am good for now.

Glad that trick worked out for you.

Perhaps others with pad issues will see this and try it. It’s such a stupid simple fix, and there’s no reversed channel issues with the dual-entry nature of the H1707.

I wear mine backwards, despite having the larger Beats pads (which correct the rubbing issue). I just prefer the sound when wearing them backwards :)

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #501 of 1,586
Where did u get the beats pads? Are there fake ones out there of those? Interested in trying them

They’re just aftermarket replacement pads, nothing “fake” about them.

Loads of companies make aftermarket replacement pads for headphones. I just happen to use pads made to fit Beats Studio 2.0, because they are a perfect fit for the 1More cups, they don’t change the sound from stock, and they provide more room than the stock pads.

You can get them lots of places - eBay, Amazon, Aliexpress, and hundreds of other websites. Prices (and colors) vary, as does pad quality (just like most things).

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/1more-h1707-triple-driver-over-ear.849824/page-33#post-14302156

Be aware to make the change to Beats pads you:
1. Void any warranty from 1More, and
2. You must sacrifice your stock pads, because you need the plastic mounting ring from the stock pads to attach the Beats pads to.

So it’s a 1-way modification; ie there’s no going back once you commit to it.

That’s why I recommend that those with rubbing issues try reversing the headphones 1st. It usually resolves the ear rubbing issues, without the requirement of buying anything, tearing anything apart, or voiding any warranties. And it’s 100% easy to go back to stock.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #502 of 1,586
@mbwilson111, I must re-iterate that these headphones were a perfect recommendation for me. Thank you. They truly are excellent.

For anyone...

I posted this in the NIghthawks forum, but it applies to the 1more's just as much, so here goes:
Does anyone know if this cable will also work with the Meze 99s?

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #503 of 1,586
I got to be honest. I didn't like these. It sounded flat, unrealistic tonality. Treble sounded unnatural. I think at the price-point, Sennheisers are the better bang for the buck.

Also, I cannot compare with any other closed-backs at the price-point either. Only other ones I've heard are Cascades and AFC which are $700-800. Based on what I recall, Cascades definitely sounded better, but they are $600 more expensive. Perhaps these are a good choice for a closed-back at the price-point? No idea.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #504 of 1,586
I got to be honest. I didn't like these. It sounded flat, unrealistic tonality. Treble sounded unnatural. I think at the price-point, Sennheisers are the better bang for the buck.

Also, I cannot compare with any other closed-backs at the price-point either. Only other ones I've heard are Cascades and AFC which are $700-800. Based on what I recall, Cascades definitely sounded better, but they are $600 more expensive. Perhaps these are a good choice for a closed-back at the price-point? No idea.

Not sure what to say. What source were you're playing them on?

They sound anything but flat to me. Then again, you're silver ears beat out my bronze ones lol.

Maybe the Cascades have spoiled you. Or maybe the 1more's just aren't your cup of tea (there's probably someone out there that doesn't like the Cascades!).

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #505 of 1,586

Did you get the gold or silver? I know the treble is the same between the 2, with the (minor) differences between the 2 being in the bass and midrange.

I’m just curious.

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #506 of 1,586
Did you get the gold or silver? I know the treble is the same between the 2, with the (minor) differences between the 2 being in the bass and midrange.

I’m just curious.
I got the silver (or the Titanium)

I've tried my DAP, Opus #2 with it. Also my home setup, Gumby > Bryston BHA-1

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #507 of 1,586
I got the silver (or the Titanium)

I've tried my DAP, Opus #2 with it. Also my home setup, Gumby > Bryston BHA-1

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Sounds like you gave it every chance possible.

Which Sennheiser models do you prefer over the H1707?

Jun 24, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #508 of 1,586
Any difference in gold and silver model? Gold is loads cheaper in uk

Jun 24, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #509 of 1,586
Any difference in gold and silver model? Gold is loads cheaper in uk

Different drivers... you need to read through the thread... Slater gave details on his perceived differences. He says the differences are slight and that both are good. The gold one has a titanium driver. The silver one has a graphene driver.

I am in the UK and have the gold which was the only one available when it first came out. I love it! Supposedly when they showed it to some people at a canjam in the usa, they did not like the gold... which by the way is a gorgeous coppery color not yellow gold. They also wanted more bass but I am not sure what sort of bass they wanted. Mine has plenty of bass and it is good quality. I have no complaints AT ALL. You really do need to skim through the thread... It is quite short.

I find them comfortable as well.

Jun 25, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #510 of 1,586
ok these are fuking ('&'%$ out of word fantastic,
first, I got the golden version and I can say this, first swap left with right as they sound different and listen to what orientation you like, they sound the same but spacial queues are different in reverse (after swapping connector of course :p), reversing them gave more soundstage for me ....
second, they are freaking too good for the price ... and I am only talking about the sound quality only (build, weight, clamping 10/10) ... I enjoy these as much as my stax system (godly treble) and they have very smooth high quality treble that match high-end systems (I am not treble head so take it with salt),
third, their weakness is certainly recessed mid range (and notice only slightly wont call them V shape because treble is balanced when matched with warm dac/amp) but good treble and that bass made for it, bass mask mid too, details are there though if you listen carefully,
forth and very important, while i do not have the silver version I would say the following:
### if you have warmer amp get the golden version, if you have neutral or hotter amp get the silver version...### someone confirm this please
fifth, I think they leak sound more than my other closed headphones not good for office
six, they are type of you need more volume to hear them, if you like to listen to above average sound these are for you, they lose magic at low volumes
seven, they scale with amping

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back