1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Nov 20, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #1,021 of 1,567
Remember you can easily adapt a headphone with a balanced cable and make it unbalanced; I standardized on balanced cables on all my headphones, keep those cables attached, and use adapters on the ends of the cable when I need to (one I travel with, the other adapter stays at home).
True story. I'm just not a fan of adapters for a few reasons

Nov 30, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #1,023 of 1,567
Hello guys.
I am wondering if there are counterfeit versions of these headphones?
There are surprisingly few on 2nd hand market where I live in the last few days.
Thanks

Not that I’ve ever seen.

It would cost quite a lot to counterfeit. The ear cups are CNC machined out of solid aluminum blocks, solid metal yokes and hinges, metal headband, polycarbonate window, etc.

But I guess anything is possible.

Nov 30, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #1,025 of 1,567
It's not even that popular

This is the more likely reason why there are no used ones for sale. It's a relatively rare/unknown headphone. And the few owners that have them seem to like them. Hence, no flood of used ones for sale.

With that said, I have seen them for sale from time to time on the HeadFi sale board. Here are just a few I found doing a super quick search:
Some really good deals in there, including practically new ones, pad modded ones, etc.

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #1,027 of 1,567
I'm thinking about buying a pair of these headphones and I'm probably one of the few people that these will actually fit as over-ears. Do any of you think the sound will change and possibly become worse because of this?

The only potential issue may be that the ceramic tweeter touches your ear. It is mounted at an angle, out in front of the main driver (imagine a small ‘bump’ on top of the main driver). It may or may not touch your ear. If it does, you can always turn the headphones around 180 degrees, which will make the tweeters angle the opposite direction (fitting in the center of the ear where there is lots of space).

It’s kind of hard to explain in writing. Once you get them just try them and see. As you mentioned, your ears are different than mine so it will likely fit different.

They’re great headphones, and I’m sure you’ll like them :)

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #1,028 of 1,567
The only potential issue may be that the ceramic tweeter touches your ear. It is mounted at an angle, out in front of the main driver (imagine a small ‘bump’ on top of the main driver). It may or may not touch your ear. If it does, you can always turn the headphones around 180 degrees, which will make the tweeters angle the opposite direction (fitting in the center of the ear where there is lots of space).

It’s kind of hard to explain in writing. Once you get them just try them and see. As you mentioned, your ears are different than mine so it will likely fit different.

They’re great headphones, and I’m sure you’ll like them :)
I'll just cut my ears to fit if it becomes a problem :beyersmile: From everything I've read + the great price, these are the headphones for me. I'll just have to wait for 1MORE to tell me if the headphones on amazon.de are the graphene ones or not, saw mixed results in this thread.

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #1,030 of 1,567
Among the closed-back headphones that you know, which one sounds more similar to the 1MTDOE?
I'm looking for an upgrade with a similar sound presentation but with improvements with respect to: 1. comfort; 2. the sometime loose/emphasized bass/mid-bass; 3. detail; 4. lack of 3D image.

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #1,031 of 1,567
Among the closed-back headphones that you know, which one sounds more similar to the 1MTDOE?
I'm looking for an upgrade with a similar sound presentation but with improvements with respect to: 1. comfort; 2. the sometime loose/emphasized bass/mid-bass; 3. detail; 4. lack of 3D image.

Which version do you have now?

You might want to consider the Soundmagic HP151 (which has fixed the issue that the HP150 had with the hinges). Sound and comfort should be the same for both.

Dec 3, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #1,032 of 1,567

Many Ultrasone headphones (with their S-Logic surround sound) are amazing and worth looking into.

Dec 3, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #1,033 of 1,567
Many Ultrasone headphones (with their S-Logic surround sound) are amazing and worth looking into.
Wayne, I noticed that you list the Amperior as one of your two favorite on-ear, and that is one of my favorite on-ears too; maybe my favorite closed on-ear. I would say that the 1More H1707 (graphene, in my case) and the Amperior both have high PRaT value. I do not own Ultrasones, but I used for a long time (and still occasionally use) the Ortofon O-One, which are S-Logic headphones (https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ortofon-o-one-headphones-black.12555/reviews#review-6819, https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ortofon-o-one-is-which-ultrasone-s-logic.474145/). I would say that the O-One is closer to, say, the NAD VISO HP50, with a wide, "room-feel" (to use a proprietary term), unfocused sound. I like the O_One a lot for relaxed classical music listening. I would say that, in the soundstage and PRaT departments, it is almost the opposite of the Amperior and of the 1More. It is fun to use different sounding headphones and end up liking them almost equally!

Dec 3, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #1,034 of 1,567
Which version do you have now?

You might want to consider the Soundmagic HP151 (which has fixed the issue that the HP150 had with the hinges). Sound and comfort should be the same for both.

Gold/copper.

Some more info on my tastes... Generally I don't like a laid-back presentation, with sucked out mids. I can't stand a boxed, recessed, distant sounding or veiled presentation. That's why I love the 1MTDOE. They bring you in the first row, imho.

Dec 3, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #1,035 of 1,567

Ultrasone has a few good models, and many not so good ones (especially their higher end offerings). With their decent models of headphones, I found that the S-Logic didn't always work with every recording (as I recall they accomplished it via a metal plate over the driver with strategic hole placement to change the way the sound radiated into the ear). If you're considering a studio-style over-ear headphone, what I think is better than any Ultrasone I've tried was the Tascam TH-300X with either Brainwavz HM5 Hybrid earpads (thanks to Solderdude's review and measurements of the Roland RH-300 for pointing out the good matching of the Brainwavz HM5 hybrid earpads to these headphones). FYI there is a strong likelihood that the Tascam TH-300X and Roland RH-300 have the same OEM, as well as many other similar headphones, as pointed out here:

https://www.head-fi.org/gallery/alb...-hp-3000-mdh8000-roland-rh-300-clone.1095975/

These periodically go on sale for $40 or so - like the Tascam TH-300X right now:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/tascam-th-300x-studio-headphones

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Tascam/TH-300X-Studio-Headphones.gc

Factor in a few more dollars for replacement pads (I really hate the stock Tascam pads), either the Brainwavz HM5 hybrids or the aftermarket Audio-Technica ATH WS1100 earpads and it's got stellar price/performance. I think the aftermarket WS1100 pads I have are a better match personally, and put the Tascam TH-300X firmly into the ranks of one of my favorite closed back headphones. Only downside is that the cord isn't detachable, but for the price, I'm not complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back