1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Oct 22, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #1,006 of 1,567
Some of you guys opened the H1707 and know it from the inside out. Did you see anywhere a serial number that matches the one on the retail box barcode label? Is there any way to know if the headphone inside the box wasn't switched?
Usually, the manufacturer puts a serial number on the inside of the headband (just above the hinge) or on the driver housing (under one of the earpads). However, in case of the H1707 there is no SN on the headband and the earpads are glued to the driver housing, so I doubt that you'll find a SN there. In fact, I doubt 1MORE even puts a SN on their headphones, just on the "retail box barcode label" as you noticed.

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #1,007 of 1,567
Usually, the manufacturer puts a serial number on the inside of the headband (just above the hinge) or on the driver housing (under one of the earpads). However, in case of the H1707 there is no SN on the headband and the earpads are glued to the driver housing, so I doubt that you'll find a SN there. In fact, I doubt 1MORE even puts a SN on their headphones, just on the "retail box barcode label" as you noticed.
Thanks, but it doesn't sound like you actually looked inside the headphone. There are some folks on this forum who modified it and are very familiar with it. I was hoping to hear if they found a serial number anywhere...

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #1,008 of 1,567
Thanks, but it doesn't sound like you actually looked inside the headphone. There are some folks on this forum who modified it and are very familiar with it. I was hoping to hear if they found a serial number anywhere...

If you are asking for authenticity reasons, you can download 1more’s app and scan the QR code on the cable which should tell you if the set is authentic or not.

Nov 10, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #1,011 of 1,567
You can buy from amazon, it is faster.

You cannot change the pads, they are glued on I think and have small holes inside on one side for the ceramic tweeter. I would not do it, unless you are heavy into DIY modding.

Yeah mate, but im from spain, and here its like 150 euros... in aliexpress its gonna cost 105 euros..
Sorry to hear about pads replacement, I prefer headphones that are easy to replace that part...

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #1,012 of 1,567
No worries. The sound quality is great.

Hi @Slater
i'm a good follower to you in this thread,

I'm about to buy the h1707, and i have some questions does h1707 still the best choice under 200$?

And i'll use it with my iPhone 8 plus and my laptop, shall i buy an external dac/amp for full exprince? I don't want to disappoint me

i'm new and its so complicated, reading a lot of things here and there.

and thanks

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #1,013 of 1,567
Hi @Slater
i'm a good follower to you in this thread,

I'm about to buy the h1707, and i have some questions does h1707 still the best choice under 200$?

And i'll use it with my iPhone 8 plus and my laptop, shall i buy an external dac/amp for full exprince? I don't want to disappoint me

i'm new and its so complicated, reading a lot of things here and there.

and thanks

It depends on what you’re after.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Do you have any other headphones or earphones that you like?

Where are you going to listen? On a train or bus, or at your desk at work, or only at home?

There are many different sound signatures available, and some people like flat and neutral headphones, and others like headphones with lots of deep sub bass. That’s why I’m asking, to help learn a little more about you.

Nov 19, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #1,014 of 1,567
It depends on what you’re after.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Do you have any other headphones or earphones that you like?

Where are you going to listen? On a train or bus, or at your desk at work, or only at home?

There are many different sound signatures available, and some people like flat and neutral headphones, and others like headphones with lots of deep sub bass. That’s why I’m asking, to help learn a little more about you.

I really don't have a special type
I don't know, let's say pop music, OST, ...

I think I prefer neutral than deep bass
But I still like bass, if both can be good at the same time
I have a random taste

I liked the M40x more than the M50x
More neutral

But now I've raised my budget for $ 200

edit: i will usually use it at home

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #1,016 of 1,567
Nov 20, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #1,017 of 1,567

I have a random taste

More neutral

Any recommendations for $200 headphone?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #1,018 of 1,567

I have a random taste

More neutral

If you like neutral, I’ve heard good things about Beyerdynamic. I can’t be any more specific, as I don’t really have any neutral headphones. You could also look into some open-backed headphones (like from Sennheiser).

Finally. Sennheiser HD630VB has a dial on it that can tune the sound from fairly flat/neutral to v (or even L) shaped. I’ve seen them go for $200 or less. I own multiple pairs, and they are really good cans that are grossly underrated.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #1,019 of 1,567
Best option IMO would be the mmcx adapters. Then you can use any mmcx IEM cable you want (balanced or not). Or even the TRN BT20 Bluetooth adapters.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...dphone-mods-here.867426/page-25#post-15002280

If you’re handy with a soldering iron, the effort to make a pair is well worth it.
Mmcx connections are somewhat fragile from my experience. Not something you want to fiddle around with often. Not sure I'd want them on a headphone, where I'll be switching between single ended and balanced cables often. They make sense on earbuds and what not though. I'm sure there are a few balanced cables floating around with 2.5mm connectors, small enough to fit this headphone.

Nov 20, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #1,020 of 1,567
Mmcx connections are somewhat fragile from my experience. Not something you want to fiddle around with often. Not sure I'd want them on a headphone, where I'll be switching between single ended and balanced cables often. They make sense on earbuds and what not though. I'm sure there are a few balanced cables floating around with 2.5mm connectors, small enough to fit this headphone.

Remember you can easily adapt a headphone with a balanced cable and make it unbalanced; I standardized on balanced cables on all my headphones, keep those cables attached, and use adapters on the ends of the cable when I need to (one I travel with, the other adapter stays at home).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back