1964 Ears
Jun 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #3,946 of 7,417
Quote:
Did you fill in the order form? The rush order option is actually in the form.
I'll post some pics and a brief review once I have it
smily_headphones1.gif

But from what I heard, even the demo set is in a different class than the westone and shure universals (in a good way)

Had an email from them late last night.  $75 plus for rush but 3 weeks confirmed which surprised me a little.  The possibility of taxes on arrival have made me reconsider anyway.

Good luck with yours, who knows perhaps your experience will sway me.  Any idea what tips fit these?  Got to admit that the price was certainly tempting as the price for a universal was less than the price of a westone 4r over here.

Cheers

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #3,948 of 7,417
Quote:
Had an email from them late last night.  $75 plus for rush but 3 weeks confirmed which surprised me a little.  The possibility of taxes on arrival have made me reconsider anyway.

Good luck with yours, who knows perhaps your experience will sway me.  Any idea what tips fit these?  Got to admit that the price was certainly tempting as the price for a universal was less than the price of a westone 4r over here.

Cheers

They told you with rush order your phones will only be ready in 3 weeks?? 
Update:
Vitaliy told me mine will be in shipment tomorrow! I'm like a little excited kid now =D

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #3,949 of 7,417
Quote:

They told you with rush order your phones will only be ready in 3 weeks?? 
Update:
Vitaliy told me mine will be in shipment tomorrow! I'm like a little excited kid now =D

I assume that you are us based? Maybe that's the difference.  I'll be watching for impressions (ho ho, see what I did there?) to see how they fit compared to universals if that's ok.  I got Aleksey answering mine, so perhaps they are quoting standard times.  I wouldn't of thought of three weeks as rush!

Cheers

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #3,950 of 7,417
I assume that you are us based? Maybe that's the difference.  I'll be watching for impressions (ho ho, see what I did there?) to see how they fit compared to universals if that's ok.  I got Aleksey answering mine, so perhaps they are quoting standard times.  I wouldn't of thought of three weeks as rush!

Cheers

Nope. Far far from US. Actually based in Malaysia Haha. I gave up contacting Alex, Vitaliy responds much much quicker.
Sure no prob, I'll post some pics too when they arrive :)

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #3,951 of 7,417
EDIT to say that I have to learn how to read responses to emails properly!

It's a 3 week build for non rush, or 5 days for rush and it's the same for us/international.

Cheers

Jun 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #3,952 of 7,417
Where can you find out pricing (or does anyone actually know) for the universal versions of the V3, Quad & V6?

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #3,954 of 7,417
Yep you have to specifically request for a universal version. The V6 universal is $75 less than the custom retail, so if you are planning to get the universal version to save money I'd advice you to go for customs instead since there's not much pricing difference.
If you are interested in knowing how the universal version looks, it is similar to the demo set. Someone posted the pics of the V3, Quads and V6 around page 24 of either this thread or the V6 Appreciation thread.
I'll post pics of mine once it'll arrive :)

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #3,955 of 7,417
Ok so the price is as follows (had these in an email)

Quad  $450 (£292)

Triple V3 $375 (£243)

V6 $575 (£373)

Need to put UNIVERSAL MODEL in the comments box.

Hope that helps.  VERY tempted by the triples (same price or less than a westone 3 over here in the uk!) and the quads are about £30 odd cheaper than the equivalent westone 4.   I'm discounting the v6 as it sounds more like for critical listening so that leaves the quads and the v3.  The quads have the emphasis on bass so I think that leaves the v3.  Even with rush (hope to hell you don't get duties!)  thats a damn good deal. 

Which shipping option did you go for Levanter?  Little confused about that!

Cheers

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #3,956 of 7,417
Quote:
Yep you have to specifically request for a universal version. The V6 universal is $75 less than the custom retail, so if you are planning to get the universal version to save money I'd advice you to go for customs instead since there's not much pricing difference.
If you are interested in knowing how the universal version looks, it is similar to the demo set. Someone posted the pics of the V3, Quads and V6 around page 24 of either this thread or the V6 Appreciation thread.
I'll post pics of mine once it'll arrive
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/556335/1964-ears-v6-discussion-appreciation-thread/345

Some impressions of the models as well :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/556335/1964-ears-v6-discussion-appreciation-thread/330#post_8883772

Jun 26, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #3,957 of 7,417
Yep good advice Levanter :wink: Unless you know you're going to have fit issues (really small ear canals ?)/problems with the acrylic not being comfortable or whatever, go the customs given the negligible difference in cost (& given you're spending a crapload of $ either way). I didn't expect mine to be quite as comfortable as they are (I mean, I expected them to be somewhat comfortable), but after a week or so they just 'disappear' into your ears & still feel really comfy after hours of constant use.

And there's no having to worry about Complys (or silicone tips or whatever) loosing their ability to compress/expand as they do when you use them a lot & having to regularly replace them/the cost involved with same.

Jun 26, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #3,958 of 7,417
Ok so the price is as follows (had these in an email)

Quad  $450 (£292)

Triple $375 (£243)

V6 $575 (£373)

Need to put UNIVERSAL MODEL in the comments box.

Hope that helps.  VERY tempted by the triples (same price or less than a westone 3 over here in the uk!) and the quads are about £30 odd cheaper than the equivalent westone 4.   I'm discounting the v6 as it sounds more like for critical listening so that leaves the quads and the v3.  The quads have the emphasis on bass so I think that leaves the v3.  Even with rush (hope to hell you don't get duties!)  thats a damn good deal. 

Which shipping option did you go for Levanter?  Little confused about that!

Cheers

U should! For a custom universal that beats most if not all other universals in terms of price and quality :wink:
Not to mention you could customize the shells too. I added carbon fiber option.
I chose international rush order with USPS. I read some people were lucky to avoid taxes with USPS, while DHL they are more observant haha

Yep good advice Levanter :wink: Unless you know you're going to have fit issues (really small ear canals ?)/problems with the acrylic not being comfortable or whatever, go the customs given the negligible difference in cost (& given you're spending a crapload of $ either way). I didn't expect mine to be quite as comfortable as they are (I mean, I expected them to be somewhat comfortable), but after a week or so they just 'disappear' into your ears & still feel really comfy after hours of constant use.

And there's no having to worry about Complys (or silicone tips or whatever) loosing their ability to compress/expand as they do when you use them a lot & having to regularly replace them/the cost involved with same.

In my case im abit lazy and wary of doing the impressions and posting it to them haha. And also i'd like to share my IEM with friends/family at times and let them gawk at the high SQ of an expensive phones :p
But who knows maybe in the future i can always just send the universal back to reshell it to customs :)

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #3,959 of 7,417
Quote:
U should! For a custom universal that beats most if not all other universals in terms of price and quality
wink.gif

Not to mention you could customize the shells too. I added carbon fiber option.
I chose international rush order with USPS. I read some people were lucky to avoid taxes with USPS, while DHL they are more observant haha
In my case im abit lazy and wary of doing the impressions and posting it to them haha. And also i'd like to share my IEM with friends/family at times and let them gawk at the high SQ of an expensive phones
tongue.gif

But who knows maybe in the future i can always just send the universal back to reshell it to customs
smily_headphones1.gif

That's not helping my wallet you know :)   I don't know about customization as by the time I add rush (impatient) and shipping (necessary evil) and possible tax (work of the devil) it stops being a "bargain" for the price and starts becoming what you'd pay for.  I'm not doing the custom thing as it just hasn't worked out as well as I'd hoped and not going through it all again.  I just wish I'd known about these earlier and could have saved a lot of time and trouble :frowning2:

I'm pretty much settled on the v3 right now.  Quads would have too much bass for me, and the v6 sounds too analytical for my taste.  At least from what I've read. 

Any idea how long it's taken you Levanter from order to shipment incidentally?

On the subject of tips do you know which ones these take?

Cheers

PS that wood does look nice though :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back