1964 Ears
Oct 1, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #2,851 of 7,417

Quote:
I am wondering, what makes quads relatively cheap compares to others custom, any thoughs?

I wouldn't use the word "cheap" as it reads as if you don't think the quads are of quality with more expensive customs (I don't  think that was your intention). To answer your question, however, from my perspective it's simple a matter of two issues: 1964 EARS was (and in some cases still is) a relatively new company in the customs game trying to carve out a sector of the market for itself. And the other issue is that from I been told is that part of the company's marketing niche is to be seen as a more economical brand among custom IEM competitors. 

But make no mistake, prices have gone up somewhat, and probably will continue to rise - especially as the company continues to develop its own unique sounding products and BA drivers. Do I still the prices will be very competitive next to some of the more established heavyweight custom IEM companies? Yes, I have a feeling that this "small-company- that-could" will remain competitive and give the best "bang-for-the-buck" that it can reasonably offer. Just my opinion.

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #2,852 of 7,417
Sent off my second set of impressions today. The first set were incomplete. 1964's customer service is freaking amazing. I head back to Afghanistan on Friday, and they're going to double rush process them for me to make sure I have them on time! Of course I have to pay for it, but they are running a business after all. I'm just happy theyre hooking me up.

I really hope theyre worth it. I'm paying out the ass between two overnight shipping to, one from, and th double rush processing. :)

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #2,853 of 7,417
1964 EARS are great people and a great business. Good blessings and be safe overseas, benzoylmethyl

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #2,855 of 7,417

Quote:
I really hope theyre worth it. I'm paying out the ass between two overnight shipping to, one from, and th double rush processing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Relax - seriously.  As Father Guido said "You wont be sorry for long". Ha!
If this is reassuring for you I am casually thinking about selling the NFB-3/M-Stage/K702 combo I use at work and just sticking with the D10 and quads. Well not seriously but if I had to id eventually shrug it off.  No, I would actually cry. A lot. I love those guys.
The Qs are top tier gear. 1964 customer service is freakishly good. Congrats on your purchase.

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #2,856 of 7,417
Wonder if anyone has gone ahead and reshell and add extra drivers to their quads?

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #2,857 of 7,417
Oct 6, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #2,859 of 7,417
Just got the phone call, DHL cleared them through customs and I have paid the GST, should get them early next week.
Which is about a week earlier than I was expecting them as I was assuming the 3 day quoted delivery time was to customs, and then customs would take a week or so, this is fantastic!

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #2,860 of 7,417
reporting in... my quads have sonion 3800 dual low drivers, sonion 2015 for the mids and sonion 2389 for the highs.  what's the second number on the driver under the model number and after the sonion logo, assembly date?  i noticed for one set of the drivers, that number matches, while another set is close numbers, and the highs don't have numbers that are relatively close to each other.

p.s. it's where it shows up as "XXYY" on the sonion website on their diagrams.

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #2,862 of 7,417

Quote:
reporting in... my quads have sonion 3800 dual low drivers, sonion 2015 for the mids and sonion 2389 for the highs.  what's the second number on the driver under the model number and after the sonion logo, assembly date?  i noticed for one set of the drivers, that number matches, while another set is close numbers, and the highs don't have numbers that are relatively close to each other.

p.s. it's where it shows up as "XXYY" on the sonion website on their diagrams.

3800? I thought that it has 3300 the same as SE530 as some people reported.

IDK about Sonion but on knowles's driver last digits are factory and warranty numbers.

Oct 8, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #2,865 of 7,417
Ok, so these have been in my ears for the last 48 hours almost constantly while I've been traveling. I'm in the Dubai airport right now, but expect a full review when I get back to work in a few hours. In a wor though, I would describe the Q as...inoffensive. Take that how you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back