1964 Ears
Aug 9, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #2,687 of 7,417
G'day guys.

Triples arrived today. I've been fiddling around with them for about an hour now, and I have a question. They feel completely different to universal IEM's, are they supposed to feel this different? The left earpiece is perfect. The right is a little loose. To get a seal I have to push them down (towards the floor), the thin bit that sits in the lobe, directly below the 1964 ears logo, seems a little too thin. I can shift it around a bit. I'm gonna trial them for a day or two, just to see if I can somehow make a difference, but otherwise, think I'll have to send them back. Bugger.

The sq is phenomenal, so far i've been listening to Maybeshewill, Mogwai, Pendulum and Radiohead. They all sound amazing. They're going to take a while to get used to though, since I'm moving up from the TF10's. I can hear the bass, but it doesn't have that pounding effect that the TF10's have (I'm not a basshead, so this isn't a biggie)

The build quality is amazing. No bubbles, they feel nice and sturdy. The colour is exactly what I was looking for. I was scared they were going to look washed out, as I was comparing the photos that 1964 were putting up and Unique Melody's IEM's. 
So far I'm loving them. Except for the weird not-sealing feeling on the right earpiece. The cord is amazing. Totally different to what I was expecting, it feels like a thin piece of string, not plastic. I'm happy. But depending on how the next couple of days go, I might be sending them back for a refit. I really don't want to though, going on holidays soon, lots of flights, and I'd love these to come with me.

Here's some photos, the colour scheme is True Magenta

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #2,688 of 7,417
That's pretty much how mine are. My understanding (I'm a n00b though) is that it's pretty difficult for the seal to stay in all situations but that it should remain when your mouth is closed as well as open in usual situations. Remember that these are made for musicians and singers need to be able to hear themselves through their IEMs while they are singing so the seal needs to stick during performance.

If it helps, my seal with my 1964-Qs is pretty much how you describe it above.

Aug 10, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #2,689 of 7,417
Yeah true. The only problem is, that the seal breaks no matter what I do, even if I'm not moving. Then the right earpiece just sounds hollow, no bass at all. I've been wearing them for a good while now, can't seem to get a seal at all. Crap. Guess I'm sending them back :frowning2:

Aug 10, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #2,690 of 7,417
Send them back in for a refit.  I can open/move my mouth & jaw around in any manner and I never lose the seal & it never comes loose.

Aug 10, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #2,691 of 7,417
It seems you don't have the right fit. I say that because triple fi 10 bass seems low when compared to my 1964 T.

Quote:
Yeah true. The only problem is, that the seal breaks no matter what I do, even if I'm not moving. Then the right earpiece just sounds hollow, no bass at all. I've been wearing them for a good while now, can't seem to get a seal at all. Crap. Guess I'm sending them back :frowning2:

Aug 10, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #2,692 of 7,417

That definitely sounds like a refit issue.

Aug 10, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #2,693 of 7,417
I did send my triples back for a refit because the rightside was loose.
They are now waiting at customs in the Netherlands to get shipped to my house.Hopefully they don't add the extra tax like the first time.
I read some people had to pay also import taxes for there refits.It's a warranty,it should normally go through customs without import and tax fees.
Anyway,let's just see.Hopefully I get them before saturday,I will be on holidays after.

Aug 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #2,694 of 7,417
I just got my quads back from their first refit. No charges through Japan customs, and I noticed the envelope was marked "Warranty repair." I don't know about The Netherlands, but that seems to be a good sign for further refits (which may be required in my case).

Quote:
I did send my triples back for a refit because the rightside was loose.
They are now waiting at customs in the Netherlands to get shipped to my house.Hopefully they don't add the extra tax like the first time.
I read some people had to pay also import taxes for there refits.It's a warranty,it should normally go through customs without import and tax fees.
Anyway,let's just see.Hopefully I get them before saturday,I will be on holidays after.

Aug 10, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #2,695 of 7,417
Exactly same condition as me. I guess it's very common then. 

Quote:
After you smile and your mouth is back in its regular position does the seal come back? I get that with my 1964-T as well.

Seems like they made an improvement there. My refit was just declared as headphones, got double-taxed and my country's customs are being really stubborn and not giving me back the refund.

Quote:
I just got my quads back from their first refit. No charges through Japan customs, and I noticed the envelope was marked "Warranty repair." I don't know about The Netherlands, but that seems to be a good sign for further refits (which may be required in my case).

Aug 11, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #2,696 of 7,417
Trying to sort out my order for my quads. Picking the quads is easy, but working out the colours and that is killing me!!! Did anyone else find this?

Also recessed sockets, do they provide any protection for the cable, or are they just cosmetic?

Cheers,

Pete

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #2,697 of 7,417
Finally getting my ear impressions tomorrow. Then it's on to the Quads! Can't wait 
L3000.gif

Aug 11, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #2,699 of 7,417
Welcome to "Quad Nation!!"

Aug 11, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #2,700 of 7,417

I recieved a notice that my triples have arrived,I wasn't home.
They are charching me 105,40 euroos!!!!Thats about $150.I am angry as hell right now.The first time I allready paid 80 euroos import and tax fees.Don't know how they come up with 105,40 now.
I mailed 1964 ears,and they tolled me they shipped the triples as returned goods,no warranty repair...
Last time I am getting custums
angry_face.gif
Don't even know if the fit is good now.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back