1964 Ears
May 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #2,341 of 7,417
Hmm, i see the fq right, the triples lacking in bass, the quads severely lacking in highs, but that is just a chart, anybody can elaborate to me in detail these two causes of concern? Thanks loads :D

May 13, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #2,343 of 7,417
Please do take time trying to read this whole thread. It actually has a lot of information in its totality.

Based on my e-mail responses with 1964Ears back when I was still deciding on whether to order, Both the Triples and Quads have identical performances in terms of treble since they have not made any changes to the tweeter drivers. I can't say much more for the T's since I have the Q's, but I certainly would not say that the quads are lacking in bass at all. This is given that I came to these Q's from a line of Monster Turbines (all three, regular, golds,coppers) and did love the bass on them.

Quote:
Hmm, i see the fq right, the triples lacking in bass, the quads severely lacking in highs, but that is just a chart, anybody can elaborate to me in detail these two causes of concern? Thanks loads :D

May 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #2,345 of 7,417

Quote:
Thanks rawrster, neutral was my intention.  Also having dealt with deep fitting the Ety 4s I thought customs would be fun to try for a different feel.

It's not perfectly neutral but what really is but it is the closest that I have heard. I also find customs much more comfortable if they fit properly but a pita if it does not fit and need refits. I think I may use a different audiologist next time. Luckily for me I have another pair of customs and should get my 1964-T back in the mail tomorrow.

Quote:

I do not find these lacking in bass and these have plenty for my tastes. For bass heads however it will not be enough bass.

May 13, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #2,347 of 7,417
16k? I'm guessing you mean the treble so in that case please tell me any instrument that has a significant presence at that range.

May 13, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #2,348 of 7,417
I also find the 1964-T to not be lacking in bass. I actually think they are slightly on the generous side of neutral. It is of very high quality too, which is seperate from quantity but very important to consider in the discussion of bass.

Looking at the FR chart, it the triples have a bit of bass boost centered around 50 or 60Hz. In that way they remind me of the JH13. The triples then drop down to being flat by around 30Hz, and then are about 6dB down by the time you hit 20Hz. So overall they are slightly boosted in the bass, but don't have massive sub bass impact. It still sounds very good though.  

May 13, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #2,349 of 7,417
Update from the front: 1964's customer service is nice except they've been postponing the dispatch of the IEMs every time I've talked to them, and now its all most going on 2 months from ordering to arrival. I'm not exactly pleased with that, as it even misses the gig i bought them for. Anyone else had this problem?

May 13, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #2,350 of 7,417
I agree... there is plenty of bass in the 1964-T... so much so, I couldn't imagine what the quads would do to the sound signature...For me the 1964-Ts are exactly what I was looking for and at a good price... I definitely feel the thump, and I always thought I was a bass head.  But I hear these are not considered to be bass heavy.  But I really feel like they are plenty adequate in the bass department.  I felt my Shures were lacking significantly in the bass department. I felt my Sony XB-700s just OK bass wise, goes deep, but not as quality, but the 1964-Ts is spot on for me. The quality is much better than my Sony cans... But they should be, the Sonys were cheap... Maybe I haven't spent enough time with the higher end gear to know... but I am really satisfied with my Triples... 

May 14, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #2,352 of 7,417

Quote:
Update from the front: 1964's customer service is nice except they've been postponing the dispatch of the IEMs every time I've talked to them, and now its all most going on 2 months from ordering to arrival. I'm not exactly pleased with that, as it even misses the gig i bought them for. Anyone else had this problem?

Same case here for me. Payments done on Feb 25, impressions received on march 16. I got them early may. That's close to 2 months for you. And yes, their response to my first check up call was a promise to be done by early in that week. They shipped it FRIDAY.

Quote:
ermmmmmmmmmmmmmm... violin?...........or...............................electris guitar?..............or.....................................birds chirping ><

IMHO, I don't even think violins or guitars go that high.

May 14, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #2,353 of 7,417
I made my payment on april the 19th and there estimated shipping time of the T's is going to be may the 19th.
So when they keep there promise,it will be exactly a month.
I can live with that.

May 14, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #2,354 of 7,417
Their estimated waiting period is around a month at the moment. Most people seem to be getting their customs within that range but an unfortunate few seem to be stuck in limbo. I wonder what the cause for the delays are in these cases. Maybe some ears are just harder to work with than others; regardless, the company should still offer honest estimates rather than pleasing ones.

I opted for the rush order since I'm going to be out of town for a good two weeks on the 20th (I would like to have them with me during the trip). I was told they will arrive sometime next week and if that is the case then the waiting period would be under 10 days. I'll just have to wait and see whether or not the estimates are accurate. I'm guessing more people are opting for the rush order option or are swamping the techs with refit requests. That would push the wait list for everyone else back quite a bit.

May 14, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #2,355 of 7,417
Well, if they do, I'm going to send them a complaint and some things that isn't allowed to be written on this forum, because i ordered mine late in march, telling them that i needed them for a gig tour that started the 9th of may and they said they could make it - now they say its going to be the 21st instead, by which time I'm long finished with what i bought them for primarily. 
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back