1964 Ears
Apr 1, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #1,967 of 7,417

Quote:

Absolutely loving the sound, bit of a bass head so the Triples were never an option. Only thing is now I have listened to the difference between the iPhone 4 and the computer (macbook pro) which even with the onboard sound really makes a huge difference I will need to save up for a portable amp. bugger.

Haha, well I wouldn't recommend a portable amp.
Might want to save up for a damn good dac. Portable amps overrated imo

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #1,968 of 7,417

Quote:
Well Sil3nce I'm hoping a friend of mine let me hear the W4 before I get to the point of buying, or if I find a really good deal I might drop some cash for them. One of those is close to happening soon I feel. And I can say I know of three highly respected head-fiers who did put theirs up for sale. They each told me that it wasn't anything particularly wrong with the W4, but that it may be too pleasing or too polite. They wanted sound signatures that gave them a little bit more "wow factor" in a particular spectrum than the "p.c." W4 offeres. Now this is how I interpreted their reasons for selling - they didn't say those words verbatim except each did reference it as being too pleasing. Also, I know another popular regular head-fier who is contemplating selling his. If he does, that will be four I know. Again, his reasons for considering the sale is within the same vein as the other three. Nothing that they can really complain about in regards to the W4, but nothing wowing them to the point that they want to keep this $400 + iem. Yet, I'm still curious about its sound signature. I really don't expect the bass to reach the level of the Quad based on how I've read the sound signature described, but as I always tell others, you don't know  until you hear it for yourself.

Eric. Thanks for this particular reply.
Confirms everything I thought.
But quite honestly sometimes they imply a whole new meaning altogether.
You're absolutely right though.
Maybe I'll fall in love with these once I try them :)

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #1,969 of 7,417
So after work today i decided to stay home for a bit longer than expected and the usps guy delivers my 1964-T. I was expecting having the need to go to the post office to pick them up but thankfully that's not the case :)

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #1,970 of 7,417

Quote:
So after work today i decided to stay home for a bit longer than expected and the usps guy delivers my 1964-T. I was expecting having the need to go to the post office to pick them up but thankfully that's not the case :)

Yeah.
For real?
I got it on the same day xD

Apr 1, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #1,971 of 7,417
You're welcome @ Sil3nce!!

Okay @ rawrster, we're ready for some initial quick first A/Bing impressions of the triple vs. W4 now!! I'm excited!! lol

Apr 1, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #1,972 of 7,417
Wow it's so sad how I just reached 1k posts.
After like 2 monthes stuck in 900 xD
Gratz

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #1,973 of 7,417

Quote:
You're welcome @ Sil3nce!!

Okay @ rawrster, we're ready for some initial quick first A/Bing impressions of the triple vs. W4 now!! I'm excited!! lol

I'll have to see when I get home. It's been quite some time since I used customs so my ear will have to adjust a bit. I do like the isolation better however. I left the house shortly afterwards and the isolation is much better than the W4 although to be fair I am not getting a great fit on the W4 so I'm using Meelec balanced biflange tips. I may one day get custom tips for them either the UM56 or 1964 Ears. I'll just have to wait for my customs from UM and decide if I want vinyl or silicone.

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #1,974 of 7,417
I was able to pick up my IEM's from the Post Office today. I must say I am extremely happy with how the remolded TF-10's sound. I have never used customs so the first time I put them in was without the lubricating gel and it didn't go in easily and my fit was not very good. So tonight I tried with the gel and it is much better for my fit. The sound is amazing compared to how they sounded previously and that was probably due to the terrible isolation I would get with the TF-10. I am not an audiophile like many of you so I will not try to go into much detail but I am hearing more than I ever have with my IEM's. My other pair is a cheap Shure E2C I have had for almost 5 years but they are great for working out. As far as how my customs came out I am satisfied but there are some tiny bubbles on one of them. I am disappointed about that so I am not sure if I should send them back for that. I know I have read several of you talk about sending back for bubbles and not being completely clear. When I take pics to put up hopefully I can get it clear enough to see what I am talking about. When compared to each other it is obvious one has bubbles. The artwork is good but they didn't cut out the artwork perfectly because I can see some white on the edge...again its not terrible and they look great but it is noticeable. I think for the money when I ordered, I probably would have been better going with their triple when compared to the remold. Overall I am satisfied and I will get some pics up of mine tomorrow.

Apr 2, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #1,977 of 7,417
They've just posted a pic of mine on Facebook and a USPS note saying they're scheduled to be shipped on the 4th April. Now, they had been in touch on the 22nd and estimated despatch on the 29th. Then they contacted me on the 30th telling me they accidentally forgot to do mine with clear tips and if I wanted them redone it'd mean another delay. I was also told they'd "get it out most likely tomorrow" if I didn't mind leaving the clear tips. So I negotiated a partial refund, accepted and waited for a despatch note the next day but only in the early hours of this morning (2nd April) did I get the despatch note and I notice they missed the Friday pickup so Monday 4th April at the earliest.

Now, through all of this 1964 Ears have been very polite and reasonable but they will insist on giving me inaccurate estimates. I find it quite infuriating and akin to being lied to.

Anyway, forget about that... here are my puppies...

Oh, they're Quads. Also, aren't my ears an unusual shape compared to most? That long sliver of faceplate...

Apr 2, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #1,978 of 7,417
when I was flipping through the facebook pages, i noticed that too

Apr 2, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #1,979 of 7,417
I think it's accentuated by the differently coloured solid faceplates. I've seen a few similarly shaped ones on FB but less noticeable. I'm not a freak...
tongue.gif

Quote:
Anyone knows why the 1964Q hiss pretty bad on my cowon S9?  

I'll be using my Quads with my S9. They'd better not hiss. Anyone else with hiss?

Apr 2, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #1,980 of 7,417
through my ipod classic and ibasso T3Sd, there is a bit of hiss but only when the music is off

Quote:
I think it's accentuated by the differently coloured solid faceplates. I've seen a few similarly shaped ones on FB but less noticeable. I'm not a freak...
tongue.gif

I'll be using my Quads with my S9. They'd better not hiss. Anyone else with hiss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back