1964 Ears
Apr 2, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #1,981 of 7,417
My 1964-T and J3 does not have any noticeable hiss unless I put the volume to a lot higher than anyone should listen at but this is with music off.

Also some people have messaged me with a 1964-T and W4 comparison and I will put a short comparison up sometime this weekend when I have some time to compare them a bit.

@chocky: That part of the faceplate does look different than most people but it may have been a bad angle. Either way you will find out soon.

Apr 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #1,982 of 7,417
This is one of my ears. The right ear to be precise. It does seem the same shape. I think my ears might just be more 'evolved' than everyone else's...

Quote:
They've just posted a pic of mine on Facebook and a USPS note saying they're scheduled to be shipped on the 4th April. Now, they had been in touch on the 22nd and estimated despatch on the 29th. Then they contacted me on the 30th telling me they accidentally forgot to do mine with clear tips and if I wanted them redone it'd mean another delay. I was also told they'd "get it out most likely tomorrow" if I didn't mind leaving the clear tips. So I negotiated a partial refund, accepted and waited for a despatch note the next day but only in the early hours of this morning (2nd April) did I get the despatch note and I notice they missed the Friday pickup so Monday 4th April at the earliest.

Now, through all of this 1964 Ears have been very polite and reasonable but they will insist on giving me inaccurate estimates. I find it quite infuriating and akin to being lied to.

Anyway, forget about that... here are my puppies...

Oh, they're Quads. Also, aren't my ears an unusual shape compared to most? That long sliver of faceplate...

Apr 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #1,983 of 7,417
"more evolved" is a good way to put it 
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #1,984 of 7,417
Custom IEMs are ideal for me then. I'm using IE8s with custom sleeves right now which are supremely comfy but, before the sleeves were made, I was using them with the various included tips and I found that the IE8's body just didn't fit in my ear without pushing against that bony flappy bit of my ear, causing severe pain after about 15 minutes. I've never had problems with other IEMs before but I suppose the IE8 is quite big and square.

Apr 2, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #1,988 of 7,417
Here are pics of my TF-10 remolds. In the side picture you can hopefully see the tiny bubbles I mentioned in my previous post. It is not there on the other IEM. And looking closely at the artwork you can see the tiny bit of white where it was not cutout perfectly. Are those good enough reasons for some of you to send back and have redone...mostly based on the price of having customs created? Anyway, on to the pictures.

There should be no white along the boarder of either artwork but you can see how it has a slight accent on certain borders of the OS
logo and most of the top of the Beavers logo. It is small and intricate work for this but I would have figured it would be trimmed better.

This is the one with the tiny bubbles. It is hard to see if the picture doesn't enlarge but it is fairly clear around the bottom portion of
this picture. It has small bubbles that go all the way around the top curve. The other IEM is clear and has no bubbles that I can see
that would compare to this.

For me these are minor annoyances that I just don't know are worth me sending back. Would they redo them because of those imperfections? The fit is getting better as I am able to make sure they are inserted properly. I used them for my run today (hopefully my only time) and they were great! Never broke the seal and actually had a bit of pressure which I was surprised about at first. Kind of like the initial pressure when flying. My ears are becoming more accustomed to them and I don't have any soreness so 1964 did a good job on the fit. I must say I was exited when I saw the artwork because Alexsey made it sound like it would have to be a black front plate with my artwork. So when it came with the artwork cutout and you could see all the way through in all directions made me very happy.

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #1,989 of 7,417
Thanks for the pics. I think those look beautiful and I wouldn't send them back. But really what matters is what YOU think of them. Are you able to look past the minor flaws and enjoy them, or is it always going to bug you? Is 1964 even willing to try again for what most would consider very trivial issues? These are things to consider. Based on all the customs I've seen, those are among the better ones, so if it was ME I'd just keep them..... but again, it's up to you.

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #1,990 of 7,417

Quote:
Thanks for the pics. I think those look beautiful and I wouldn't send them back. But really what matters is what YOU think of them. Are you able to look past the minor flaws and enjoy them, or is it always going to bug you? Is 1964 even willing to try again for what most would consider very trivial issues? These are things to consider. Based on all the customs I've seen, those are among the better ones, so if it was ME I'd just keep them..... but again, it's up to you.

You are probably right about keeping them. They are very minor but I figured I would ask based on you guys having much more experience with customs. Thanks for the compliment on the customs...I am very happy with how they turned out.

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #1,991 of 7,417
I would keep them as well. It's a minor issue to me and not big enough for me to send them back.

Those customs do look nice. I was going to get the same color until I decided to get blue/red with clear tips based on some stuff I saw on their fb album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back