1964 Ears
Mar 16, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #1,756 of 7,417

[size=10.0pt]I have been following this forum and this thread in particular for some time.  [/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt]I have had my 1964-Q for a bit over a month now.  It is my first custom but also my first decent IEM.  After reading so many posts about needing refits in this thread (and also in the JH5 and other custom threads), I too was very worried that I would have to send them back for a refit,  It seemed to me that nearly everyone required refits, because of this I tried very hard to find anything wrong with the fit at all.  In the end, I was simply unable to find any problem at all.[/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt]I did end up sending them back due to a faulty connector on one of the ear pieces, but even with them going back I had no complaints with fit for them to correct while they were at it.  I have had them back since about Feb. 11-12.  Connector issue was corrected and still no complaints regarding fit.[/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt]Just posting to point out that not everyone needs refits, even of those that are new to customs.  I just think that those that do tend to be more vocal about it (not necessarily negatively) but more likely to mention it.[/size]

Mar 16, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #1,758 of 7,417

Quote:
Coincidence! I ordered quads a few weeks ago and have requested the MYT logo too! They are going to laser engrave it but it is considered custom artwork so $50 extra rather than the simple $25. I'm also going for a different artwork on the other ear - the Radiohead bear. So it'll be a solid red faceplate with black MYT logo and translucent red body with clear tip for my left IEM and a solid black faceplate with silver Radiohead logo, translucent green (emulating aLm0sT's JH16s) body and clear tip for my right. Black cable.

Anyway, if you want to wait for me to recieve mine I'll be posting pictures on here soon hopefully.

I'll probably regret the artwork when I get people staring at me on the train but I'm hoping it'll look as good as I imagine it will. Just to join in on waiting times, I paid on February 24th but they didn't confirm receipt of my impressions until March 1st. I'm hoping to get them sometime this month but I'm more concerned about build quality and fit being based in the UK. I don't really want to be sending these back and forth across the Atlantic for the next 3 months.

Can I just quickly say that Aleksey emailed me today to say he'd read my above post and realised that my custom engravings qualify as 'simple' engravings so I've been refunded $25.

I guess because my graphic is all one colour it's as easy to do as the 1964 Ears logo. I wonder though, if they'd do multi colour engraving and when it would qualify for the $50 custom artwork price...? ...Ha ha, OK, now I'm actually starting to get a little obsessed with clarifying exactly what they can and can't do and how much they will charge.

I need these to listen to so I can actually start talking about how they sound rather than how they look!

Mar 16, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #1,760 of 7,417

Quote:
Just received a report from 1964 EARS at 4.30 pm today that they finally received my impressions. Their 20 business day prediction will be around April 13, so let's see how it goes.

Hopefully it'll go quicker for you.  I waited since the 18th of Feb and I'm stilling waiting on the mock up graphic they're going to use on my customs.  I'm being patient but it is a bit of a let down to get an email about getting the mock ups soon on March 9th and still have no word about it.  I'm still keeping the faith though since this was nowhere as bad as waiting for the Pico Slim.  Now that was a hell wait.

Mar 16, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #1,761 of 7,417
Hopefully it'll go quicker for you.  I waited since the 18th of Feb and I'm stilling waiting on the mock up graphic they're going to use on my customs.  I'm being patient but it is a bit of a let down to get an email about getting the mock ups soon on March 9th and still have no word about it.  I'm still keeping the faith though since this was nowhere as bad as waiting for the Pico Slim.  Now that was a hell wait.

Day 20 today. Pico Slim - I started waiting in December and growled for a refund in March. I think my order number finally shipped (to someone else) in June.

Mar 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #1,762 of 7,417

Quote:
Ya, I know... I have never bought customs before, and I know nothing about other companies as well.  I just don't know how normal it is for companies to do refits... Is 1964 doing it more often than other companies?  Is it pretty common for any company to have to do a refit?  I know eventually everyone's ears do change over time, so a refit is inevitable eventually... I guess... I don't know what I am talking about... just concerned that it isn't going to work out for me.  I am already waiting for a month to get them done, and really that is a long time for an impatient person like me... and then on top of that, knowing they are probably going to have to go back in for  refit... ugh... sorry if I sound complain-tive, just concerned...  I guess they are doing their best with the volume they have... And I am grateful for their volume, because it means they will probably be around for a long time... 

I have not gotten the indication that they have more refits than other companies. The way I see it is that I could see someone getting 2-3 refits but not much more than that. I'll be getting a 2nd one soon but to their credit I didn't mention anything about the left ear really until after my first refit came back so I might have to pay something. I'll call them up for confirmation but when I emailed them last week they said I would only have to pay shipping back which I find reasonable since it is after the 30 days and a different problem than what I reported. However I will call them to be positive. I'll get a loaner earphone tomorrow and then my W4 on Monday so I may wait until Monday so I have something good to listen to since I don't want to be stuck with my Brainwavz M2. I don't think I'll need more than the 2nd refit since the problem is a fairly minor issue and I could live with it if I really wanted considering I lived with a much worse fit (although it was getting really annoying and once I got the 1964-T I stopped using it even though I liked it better due to fit) but I spent money on it so might as well get it to be as good as possible.

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #1,763 of 7,417
Just to give more positivity to this thread, I e-mailed Aleksey on Monday asking if they had an approximate time my customs would be done and told him that there was no hurry.  He e-mailed back within a few hours letting me know that they would be finished and shipped by the next day.  Anastasia e-mailed me the next day with my tracking number and when I looked it up, I noticed that it was shipped at 1:04 AM.  I'm not sure if that was when the USPS scanned it, or when they dropped it off, but I definitely feel that they are working around the clock to get everyone their customs in a timely fashion.  Their responses were always quick, polite, and informative.

My customs shipped out on the 22nd business day, and I am more then pleased with the turn around time.  A (more then likely) quality product, at an outstanding price, in a more then fair time-frame.  I will receive them Friday and will post impressions of the build, fit, and MOST importantly the sound by Monday.

Thank you to the 1964 EARS team for their efforts.

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #1,764 of 7,417
Quote:
Just to give more positivity to this thread, I e-mailed Aleksey on Monday asking if they had an approximate time my customs would be done and told him that there was no hurry.  He e-mailed back within a few hours letting me know that they would be finished and shipped by the next day.  Anastasia e-mailed me the next day with my tracking number and when I looked it up, I noticed that it was shipped at 1:04 AM.  I'm not sure if that was when the USPS scanned it, or when theydropped it off, but I definitely feel that they are working around the clock to get everyone their customs in a timely fashion.  There responses were always quick, polite, and informative.

My customs shipped out on the 22nd business day, and I am more then pleased with the turn around time.  A (more then likely) quality product at an outstanding price in a more then fair time-frame.  I will receive them Friday and will post impressions of the build, fit, and MOST importantly the sound by Monday.

Thank you to the 1964 EARS team for their efforts.

Happy to hear that. Tomorrow will be 15 working days from my order- next Friday will be 20 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my build remains on schedule

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #1,765 of 7,417
I hope mine arrive in the time frame. It will be another quad review for people on the fence AND a review of the silver dragon iem cable!
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #1,766 of 7,417

Quote:
I have not gotten the indication that they have more refits than other companies. The way I see it is that I could see someone getting 2-3 refits but not much more than that. I'll be getting a 2nd one soon but to their credit I didn't mention anything about the left ear really until after my first refit came back so I might have to pay something. I'll call them up for confirmation but when I emailed them last week they said I would only have to pay shipping back which I find reasonable since it is after the 30 days and a different problem than what I reported. However I will call them to be positive. I'll get a loaner earphone tomorrow and then my W4 on Monday so I may wait until Monday so I have something good to listen to since I don't want to be stuck with my Brainwavz M2. I don't think I'll need more than the 2nd refit since the problem is a fairly minor issue and I could live with it if I really wanted considering I lived with a much worse fit (although it was getting really annoying and once I got the 1964-T I stopped using it even though I liked it better due to fit) but I spent money on it so might as well get it to be as good as possible.

Ya, well I hope it works out for ya.  Sending it back for a third time would be a real bummer.  

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #1,767 of 7,417
I just got a nice package in the mail so won't be missing much :) I'll call them in the afternoon and find out. I'm find with a couple of refits since this one was my fault for not telling them although I did not notice until the right came back with a better fit. As long as they don't take much longer than a week with refits I have no problems. On the other hand I did have a refit by another company that took 5-6 weeks..to say I was quite annoyed about that situation was an understatement.

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #1,768 of 7,417

Quote:
I hope mine arrive in the time frame. It will be another quad review for people on the fence AND a review of the silver dragon iem cable!
biggrin.gif

Now this is what I am really waiting for! Quads with Silver Dragon! I am still on the fence on getting the Silver Dragon...

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #1,770 of 7,417
I'm waiting on the Silver Dragon review too

Quote:
Now this is what I am really waiting for! Quads with Silver Dragon! I am still on the fence on getting the Silver Dragon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back