1964 Ears
Feb 1, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #1,111 of 7,417
1964Ears offers the value option of not sending your impressions all the way to China and waiting for them to get back from there. It's a free not-sending-to-China service that 1964 Ears offers. Imagine if you need refits...

Of course if you live in China, then you'd probably first be considering Thousand Sounds, not UM, anyway.

ABSOLUTELY!  While UM is a tempting option, having 1964 (and UE for that matter) about one day away is a huge plus.  I just hope 1964 can keep their total package price low.  US manufacturers are at a big disadvantage if you consider that the bulk of the cost of these things must be labor.

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #1,113 of 7,417

Quote:
Peeking in fellas. I hope to be home Friday or Saturday. The 1964-Q is not a boomy bass by any stretch of the imagination, but it is the most extended bass I've heard in an IEM. I mean it can hit some low low bass notes, but somehow not impede on the rest of the sound spectrum. FX700, as nice as the bass was to my ears, has boomy bass. Now, if you're listening to hip-hop or some music recorded with boomy bass, the quad will boom! It really adapts to the recorded sound, with micro details in the bass, mids and treble (I thought I had heard all the subtle details in my favorite recordings with the SM3/SM2 and FX700, but realized I hadn't come close to hearing all of the sonic treats until listening with my quad). If higher end customs sound better than the 1964-Q, then be still my beating heart. I would probably just float away from this earthly plane. Just my quick two cents. Catch you guys this weekend.

I love you :)

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #1,114 of 7,417

Quote:
Peeking in fellas. I hope to be home Friday or Saturday. The 1964-Q is not a boomy bass by any stretch of the imagination, but it is the most extended bass I've heard in an IEM. I mean it can hit some low low bass notes, but somehow not impede on the rest of the sound spectrum. FX700, as nice as the bass was to my ears, has boomy bass. Now, if you're listening to hip-hop or some music recorded with boomy bass, the quad will boom! It really adapts to the recorded sound, with micro details in the bass, mids and treble (I thought I had heard all the subtle details in my favorite recordings with the SM3/SM2 and FX700, but realized I hadn't come close to hearing all of the sonic treats until listening with my quad). If higher end customs sound better than the 1964-Q, then be still my beating heart. I would probably just float away from this earthly plane. Just my quick two cents. Catch you guys this weekend.

order placed for my quads! whoopee! anywho, still kinda interested in how the quads compare to the miles davis tributes, the most extended bass you have EVER heard? ...does it beat out the miles davis tributes?

thanks!

james

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #1,115 of 7,417

Quote:

Hey eric, is there any way you could stop enjoying them for a little bit and give us a formal review? Its been almost two months now
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #1,116 of 7,417
That would be the ES5, right? :wink:

Quote:

Feb 1, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #1,117 of 7,417
aleki I know. I've just had a heap of bad luck. Family emergency has kept me away, and before this, paying work got in the way.

buffolowings, I loved the md bass. It doesn't come close to the quality of the quad's bass. Quanity, the quad extends lower when needed. The miles is boomy compared to the quad.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #1,118 of 7,417

Quote:
aleki I know. I've just had a heap of bad luck. Family emergency has kept me away, and before this, paying work got in the way.

buffolowings, I loved the md bass. It doesn't come close to the quality of the quad's bass. Quanity, the quad extends lower when needed. The miles is boomy compared to the quad.

Sorry to read about your misfortune! I feel like a jerk for instigating.
My best wishes to you and your family buddy.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #1,119 of 7,417
Quote:

Sorry to read about your misfortune! I feel like a jerk for instigating.
My best wishes to you and your family buddy.

Aleki don't. Trust me when I say I didn't take it that way. And if you were the first with the quad i would be anxious too...lol. Actually, jermng was the first with the quad here (he beat me by a day).

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #1,120 of 7,417
Tomorrow is the day I get the 1964-T hopefully. It left a sorting facility on Monday so should get to me by Wednesday since priority typically only takes 2 days but I wonder what's going on in Portland to have it not move from Sat to Monday.

If I get my expected packages tomorrow it will be a great day.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #1,121 of 7,417
Tomorrow is the day I get the 1964-T hopefully. It left a sorting facility on Monday so should get to me by Wednesday since priority typically only takes 2 days but I wonder what's going on in Portland to have it not move from Sat to Monday.

I hope the Midwest snow storm doesn't delay it buddy. I know it's affecting other flights throughout the country.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #1,122 of 7,417

I hope the Midwest snow storm doesn't delay it buddy. I know it's affecting other flights throughout the country.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #1,123 of 7,417
That explains it then. I was assuming some kind of weather delay but did not know. I should get my CK10 tomorrow and got a budget iem today so no big deal.

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #1,124 of 7,417
Just wanted to drop in with a short note - 

Used the Q & T briefly for about a week, I gotta say the Quads are now my go to IEMs. Excellent for music listening with the nice tight low end and sufficient soundstage. 

I'm not a basshead but I still prefer the Quads to the Triples. I'd probably love the triples if they were the only customs I had, but with both now, the Quads are my choice. 

My Westone ES5s have been sent back for refitting, so I can't do an A/B with them, but I think what I said previously still stands - The Quads *for me* are THE IEMs I'd use for listening to music with the added punch. The ES5s have a totally different sonic character with nicer mids and a more balanced freq response and I love them for what they are. The ES5s are still my favorite for critical listening and monitor mixing. (When I say critical, think professional Studio & Live Sound Engineer mixing).

In closing, the triples are good IEMs but every time I use them, I keep wanting to go back to the Quads - I don't think I've ever finished a listening session without going back to the Quads eventually. That's just coz I have them, otherwise the Triples are excellent in their own right. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back