1964 Ears
Dec 13, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #556 of 7,417
I can think of another word which needs no introduction around here, which is also one syllable, five letters, and ends in two 'L's'. Heh heh.

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #557 of 7,417

Quote:
I can think of another word which needs no introduction around here, which is also one syllable, five words, and ends in two 'L's'. Heh heh.

Five words or five letters?

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #558 of 7,417
Hi MINGF5, i dont have any affiliations with 1964..make that clear..as such, i would rather not talk about prices he gave me.  I have no doubt it will be the exact same price he will quote you.  Pretty much think along the lines of UM.  I never asked about what drivers he would use, i wouldnt know what to do with the answer.  He said they would have to "tune" them using the crossover.  I'll be happy to share my impressions when i get them, but i am guessing it will be a while.  As i said, i still dont even have my impressions done yet...well actually i am wating for the impression kit i ordered elswewhere...my wife has done both set of impressions in the past, and will do these to.  Thanks, ill be happy to let you know how it turns out.  I have high hopes :)

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #559 of 7,417
Thanks anyway. I will stay tune for your impression. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 I have high hopes too.

Quote:
Hi MINGF5, i dont have any affiliations with 1964..make that clear..as such, i would rather not talk about prices he gave me.  I have no doubt it will be the exact same price he will quote you.  Pretty much think along the lines of UM.  I never asked about what drivers he would use, i wouldnt know what to do with the answer.  He said they would have to "tune" them using the crossover.  I'll be happy to share my impressions when i get them, but i am guessing it will be a while.  As i said, i still dont even have my impressions done yet...well actually i am wating for the impression kit i ordered elswewhere...my wife has done both set of impressions in the past, and will do these to.  Thanks, ill be happy to let you know how it turns out.  I have high hopes :)

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #560 of 7,417
+2

Quote:
IF the customer service or quality of 1964ears products drop, it will not and obviously cannot be hidden in this very open internet forum and others. Now, that's an IF.

For now, their customer service and quality are top notch and they should be taken as they are. 

I do not think you can foretell the future to any degree of accuracy other than basing your views on unrelated people (to 1964ears) and incidences relating to other companies. 

As you said, JH had a very good start, dropped and then got back up on their feet. It's a natural progression for start-ups to face hiccups and challenges as they become successful, but you seem to be pointing at all the negatives before they even happen (without knowing FOR SURE they WILL happen).  

Now, seriously, explain to me, what is your point? Bringing up what MIGHT happen in the future really doesn't mean anything. Are you suggesting we stay clear of all start-ups?

You clearly showed what a "Shill" is, with links and explanations in your last post. If you would, could you tell us what the opposite of a Shill is? Someone who might be paid in money or kind (or even relationship) by a company to defame it's competitors? Just like you said the Shills will not admit they get preferential treatment, the opposite is also true. 

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #561 of 7,417
+2

Quote:
I can think of another word which needs no introduction around here, which is also one syllable, five words, and ends in two 'L's'. Heh heh.

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #562 of 7,417
jermng, I'm guessing your triples will come in after the new year? I look forward to your thoughts on them when you get those. The ES5 is another custom I may be interested in getting after I get the triples assuming it isn't too similar to what I already have.

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #563 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:

Five words or five letters?

Heh, good catch.... letters.... fixed.  
tongue_smile.gif
   'Word' stuck in my brain a bit too long apparently....

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #564 of 7,417
I'm loving my JH 5's currently, can see myself buying a pair of 1964 Quads next tho.

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #565 of 7,417
Isn't knowledge wonderful??
confused_face_2.gif
gs1000.gif
People can wonder, guess, speculate, have a hunch, but never know. True knowledge is priceless!!

I love the 1964-Q!! It keeps getting better and better.

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #566 of 7,417

Quote:
I'm loving my JH 5's currently, can see myself buying a pair of 1964 Quads next tho.

JH5 is three drivers, right? How's the bass and the mids?

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #567 of 7,417
Dual Driver.
Low/mid shared
separate high.

I'm no audiophile, all i can say is it's very neutral but still fun and musical to listen to. What ever the engineer wanted you to hear you hear.
First song I listened to through them was like a hard rock song which wasn't the best idea. I felt kind of let down, it sounds great but if you listen to music with more complexity and layers, (like U2 or something cool) it sounds incredible. Bass is nice and like I said... it's there as much as the studio engineer wanted it to be... so when you listen to rap on these things it WILL bump. But when you listen to Rock or Metal it's more neutral. I would like a slight bit more emphasis on the lows though because the amount of bass in hip hop/rap sounds great, but I still would like a little bit more bass when I listen to rock and metal. (it could just be my ears adjusting because my last pair of 25 dollar sony uni buds were very bass heavy)

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #568 of 7,417
Thanks for the impressions!!

Quote:
Dual Driver.
Low/mid shared
separate high.

I'm no audiophile, all i can say is it's very neutral but still fun and musical to listen to. What ever the engineer wanted you to hear you hear.
First song I listened to through them was like a hard rock song which wasn't the best idea. I felt kind of let down, it sounds great but if you listen to music with more complexity and layers, (like U2 or something cool) it sounds incredible. Bass is nice and like I said... it's there as much as the studio engineer wanted it to be... so when you listen to rap on these things it WILL bump. But when you listen to Rock or Metal it's more neutral. I would like a slight bit more emphasis on the lows though because the amount of bass in hip hop/rap sounds great, but I still would like a little bit more bass when I listen to rock and metal. (it could just be my ears adjusting because my last pair of 25 dollar sony uni buds were very bass heavy)

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #569 of 7,417

Users who are viewing this thread

Back