1964 Ears
Dec 13, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #511 of 7,417
x2

Quote:
I'm shocked at the members who seamed to wait in the wings to pounce on a company that was getting a lot of positive attention. I'm glad it is cleared up. And the the ones(or one) that says he has reason to doubt the truthfulness of Vitaliy's email, I have met him and just our 10 minute meeting makes me think his explanation is what really happened. He absolutely doesn't seam the type to have blind ambition.

It was mentioned earlier that the FB posting couldn't be defended. Looks like it can be.

I think the curmudgeons need to apologize go back into hiding.

Dec 13, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #512 of 7,417
Wow ... didn't expect so many things to happen just being away from this thread for one day .... 

Dealing with Vitaliy and Anastasia have been nothing short of a real pleasure! Whether it's the response time, customer service, all the way down to the actual quality of their products. 

I think Vitaliy tells it as it is when doing business -

If he can help, he'll go all the way (picking up my ear impressions from FedEx personally instead of waiting for them to send it - my fault for not providing customs with enough paperwork).

If he's not able to help, he'll just let me know and offer me an alternative (I decided to get an extra pair of Triples after the Quads were ordered and wanted to ship them together, but he was overwhelmed with orders and could only ship the new order in Jan).

In the process of my order, there was a problem with the artwork I sent for my wife's triples and Vitaliy personally made it right with the Photoshop file I sent him.

When it came to shipping my order, they offered to ship my order together so I could save some money even though I had ALREADY paid for 2 different "shippings" (the Quads were on pre-order when I ordered and weren't scheduled to ship with the Triples but eventually they had both ready to ship at the same time without delay)

He was also candid about telling me about the treble slightly brought down in the Quads cos they were primarily designed for "live" use.

Every single email exchange I have had with Vitaliy and Anastasia have been very open and candid - not once did I receive a template response or ambiguous answer to difficult questions (I had some personal issues with the Quads in the beginning) and they have given very satisfactory answers every time.

The only reason I am giving such a long account of all the good service(s) and experiences I had with 1964ears is so that other readers in the forum and maybe potential customers of theirs are not swayed by "negative" buzz about them. Most often (I might be wrong but I'm quite sure not), the people who have a lot of negative things to say are those who have not actually bought or used any of the products 1964ears have to offer (or experienced their service).

In fact, the reason why some companies start using template answers is to always give "politically correct" answers all the time & prevent such criticism. (Time-saving is of course the other reason). I really hope 1964ears keeps with this personal touch they have and not move to templates!

I have corresponded with and purchased from quite a few vendors (some sponsors, large and small) right here on head-fi and 1964ears has given me the best experience so far. 

1964ears is a new company offering good service and good products with a great deal of integrity. They deserve much better.

*I have no vested interest in the company at all - just a VERY SATISFIED customer*

P.S. I usually don't make comments like these, and prefer to stay out of "trouble", but I felt this had to be said - bracing myself for some violent objections to my post now ......

Dec 13, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #513 of 7,417
I can confirm that 1964ears always give me very good customer service.

Quote:
Wow ... didn't expect so many things to happen just being away from this thread for one day .... 

Dealing with Vitaliy and Anastasia have been nothing short of a real pleasure! Whether it's the response time, customer service, all the way down to the actual quality of their products. 

I think Vitaliy tells it as it is when doing business -

If he can help, he'll go all the way (picking up my ear impressions from FedEx personally instead of waiting for them to send it - my fault for not providing customs with enough paperwork).

If he's not able to help, he'll just let me know and offer me an alternative (I decided to get an extra pair of Triples after the Quads were ordered and wanted to ship them together, but he was overwhelmed with orders and could only ship the new order in Jan).

In the process of my order, there was a problem with the artwork I sent for my wife's triples and Vitaliy personally made it right with the Photoshop file I sent him.

When it came to shipping my order, they offered to ship my order together so I could save some money even though I had ALREADY paid for 2 different "shippings" (the Quads were on pre-order when I ordered and weren't scheduled to ship with the Triples but eventually they had both ready to ship at the same time without delay)

He was also candid about telling me about the treble slightly brought down in the Quads cos they were primarily designed for "live" use.

Every single email exchange I have had with Vitaliy and Anastasia have been very open and candid - not once did I receive a template response or ambiguous answer to difficult questions (I had some personal issues with the Quads in the beginning) and they have given very satisfactory answers every time.

The only reason I am giving such a long account of all the good service(s) and experiences I had with 1964ears is so that other readers in the forum and maybe potential customers of theirs are not swayed by "negative" buzz about them. Most often (I might be wrong but I'm quite sure not), the people who have a lot of negative things to say are those who have not actually bought or used any of the products 1964ears have to offer (or experienced their service).

In fact, the reason why some companies start using template answers is to always give "politically correct" answers all the time & prevent such criticism. (Time-saving is of course the other reason). I really hope 1964ears keeps with this personal touch they have and not move to templates!

I have corresponded with and purchased from quite a few vendors (some sponsors, large and small) right here on head-fi and 1964ears has given me the best experience so far. 

1964ears is a new company offering good service and good products with a great deal of integrity. They deserve much better.

*I have not vested in the company at all - just a VERY SATISFIED customer*

P.S. I usually don't make comments like these, and prefer to stay out of "trouble", but I felt this had to be said - bracing myself for some violent objections to my post now ......

Dec 13, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #514 of 7,417

Quote:
It was mentioned earlier that the FB posting couldn't be defended. Looks like it can be.

Is this part directed at me? Because no, the facebook posting couldn't be defended and it wasn't defended. Vitaliy apologised for something a bit inappropriate (re-read my previous post if you don't understand) posted by someone who works with/under him. It's great that he did so and I hope he'll be removing the picture in question. I'll ask him to, if he hasn't in a few days.

Is there some weird past history with music bird that's making people act creepy here?

I'd like to say that I strongly, strongly disagree with the idea that a person can't raise a valid issue when it presents itself or that we must all ascribe to a strange "with us or against us" mentality. It's weird, guys.

As for me, I don't have any reason whatsoever to doubt Vitaliy's good intentions, or the quality of 1964 Ears' products. I can raise a valid issue without swearing undying enmity with a person.

Dec 13, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #515 of 7,417
I can also confirm that 1964 ears has excellent customer service.

Before I ordered mine, I had at least 15 email exchange with them, sorting out color option and artwork. In one email, I ask them to mix and match 3 colors on the shell, and I even offer them extra money to do it. They replied me and said they can do it for free. I can keep go on with more details of other noob questions I asked, but the point is they really took the time to answer my questions and concerns.

Oh yeah, I asked them twice about that recessed cable socket thing.

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #516 of 7,417

I think there is nothing wrong in raising doubts if you see fit but to label an individual or company "disrespectful/no integrity/deceptive" outright without hearing the other side of the story is not really being fair.

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #518 of 7,417

Quote:
any idea what socket do they use ? or is it unique to their own line of cables ?

was wondering if i could upgrade the cables :D

No worries about that. They are using the JH/Westone socket. You can definitely go for the Silver Dragon/TWag/Crystal cables :p

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #520 of 7,417

Quote:
@randius lol i've not done my ear impression >: still deciding on the color and design. headache

I decided on a plain, coloured shell because I couldn't think of a good design... Oh, and that adds 65 SGD too.

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #522 of 7,417
Quote:
It's not uncommon that some of the people who write about new products either did not pay for their sets and got 'free' samples, or got heavily discounted items, and all in exchange for 'free marketing', ie reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's really none of anyone's business whether someone paid for their IEMs, got a discount or found them on the sidewalk - especially if that head-fi member is not representing the company or have some vested interest.

@Eric, I'm afraid here's one of the very rare occasions I have to disagree with you. I know from personal experience that it's virtually impossible to stay out of a certain conflict of interests, once you start being more than just an ordinary customer to a company or seller. I believe it's something of a "dirty little secret" on boards like these, that music_4321 is referring to. Don't get me wrong, it's nothing personal and no biggie, but from my point of view it would be ethical for reviewers to disclose under which terms they got their item. Just my 2c.

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #523 of 7,417
I so love the fact that guys get on here and bash a company for a mistake....and say they deserve it, and othes shouldnt comment becasue they are advicates fro the company etc, etc.  Well im calling you donkeys out of the exact same thing.  Getting on here and bashing a compnay is no different then someone who tries to glorifie a compnay.  they love them and post it, you have a problem and post it....yet somehow they are worng and should stop..but you..oh no, not you...you are the providor of the truth.  your reasons for bashing a company shoudl never be questioned.  Good old liberals..the rules just dont apply to you!!!

Dec 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #525 of 7,417
Add to Randius' answer. I think you should go to the twag/silver dragon appreciation thread and check out the size of the prongs. With recessed socket, they may not fit. therefore on your order form, you may have to clearly state you want flushed cable socket. 

Quote:
Quote:
any idea what socket do they use ? or is it unique to their own line of cables ?

was wondering if i could upgrade the cables :D

No worries about that. They are using the JH/Westone socket. You can definitely go for the Silver Dragon/TWag/Crystal cables :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back