1964 Ears
Dec 7, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #406 of 7,417
Okay, I cleaned up post 364 for a better read.

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #407 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
@jermng: I think that's a pretty strong endorsement but does your wife regret not getting the quad?

I don't think so. In fact, I am thinking of getting the Triples to hear for myself (I already talked to Vitaliy about getting the Triples before I got my Quads) ..... My wife's response and the frequency response charts makes it seem like I will really like it. :)

Now thats what I want to hear.  A trips v. ES5 review!  

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #409 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:

Haha ... why?? Seems like most people are more interested in the Triples here ... :)

I disagree.  I think more people are interested in where their money should be spent and a comparison between the ES5 and Triple will do that.

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #410 of 7,417

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@jermng: I think that's a pretty strong endorsement but does your wife regret not getting the quad?

I don't think so. In fact, I am thinking of getting the Triples to hear for myself (I already talked to Vitaliy about getting the Triples before I got my Quads) ..... My wife's response and the frequency response charts makes it seem like I will really like it. :)

+1 :}

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #411 of 7,417

Quote:
You know the OP could change the name of this thread and make it the 1964 EARS Appreciation Thread.  There is no need to create a new thread. This would get my vote to stay right here. I think I'm going to talk to 1964 EARS about getting the triples done too.

I wouldnt mind changing the title. although I feel like it would be a little confuzing for a lot of people, considering the meat of the thread is 20 pages in. You guys have my permission to take over my original post and wiki it to death, if you'd like

Quote:
Quote:

Haha ... why?? Seems like most people are more interested in the Triples here ... :)

After speaking with Vitaliy, he gave me the option to upgrade from his triple to the quad's for $50 + the price difference. I am very tempted to do so. I like Bass presence, when it calls for it, but I feel the 60hz +6db bump will make the music sound a bit too heavy for my preferences.

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #412 of 7,417
@aleki: if you change the thread (which I think is a good idea) I'd change the first post stating that it changed into an appreciation thread and start at a certain page if you are looking for impressions and such of the 1964 customs. Also that upgrade is after you have had the triples so down the line if I wanted the quads it would be $50 plus cost? That sounds pretty good considering the only difference in drivers is the extra bass driver and the extra work of remaking it.

As for the triples and quads interest I think there are people that are interested in both as they both seem to be tailored for different sound signatures so 1964 is able to satisfy people with different preferences which is definitely a good thing. It's a good thing for me that Eric has a good idea of my preference so the quads are out of the question for now unless I wanted a different signature type which may be something I'll look into but not anytime soon.

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #413 of 7,417

Quote:

After speaking with Vitaliy, he gave me the option to upgrade from his triple to the quad's for $50 + the price difference. I am very tempted to do so. I like Bass presence, when it calls for it, but I feel the 60hz +6db bump will make the music sound a bit too heavy for my preferences.

The only customs i have ever heard are the JH5 and 16, and the 16s bass in no way intruded on the music, it was just there and made the music more fun, natural, and musical. I listened to some soundtrack music, and it sounded like I was in a theater. The 5 did not do that. I would take the offer, but that is just what I would do. Whatever makes the music sound like music is what I try to do.

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #414 of 7,417

1+ with GeorgeGoodman
Quote:
Quote:

The only customs i have ever heard are the JH5 and 16, and the 16s bass in no way intruded on the music, it was just there and made the music more fun, natural, and musical. I listened to some soundtrack music, and it sounded like I was in a theater. The 5 did not do that. I would take the offer, but that is just what I would do. Whatever makes the music sound like music is what I try to do.

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #416 of 7,417
Thanks @ George. I definitely do, and they sound great with jazz. I hope you get a chance to hear for yourself soon.

Dec 7, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #417 of 7,417

Quote:
Thanks @ George. I definitely do, and they sound great with jazz. I hope you get a chance to hear for yourself soon.

Would you say these are the best for jazz that you personally have heard?

Dec 7, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #418 of 7,417
I do hope I get to hear a pair soon. I am probably going to make it to the spring White Plains NY meet, and to Canjam if it is in NYC. Hopefully there will be some demos at one of those.

Dec 7, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #420 of 7,417
Usually it's the fall that's in the White Plains area and spring is in the Bayside area isn't it? I hope Canjam is in NYC but no idea about that :p

..back on topic

@Eric: I've found that my customs scale up quite well. Off an ordinary source such as my J3 the difference between good universal earphones and customs are there but not as big as it could be. With better sources such as my dac/amp the gap between the two gets bigger. Would you say that's the same with the quads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back