1964 Ears
Dec 7, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #391 of 7,417

Quote:
jermng, I'm glad to read that they are finally coming around for you friend. I was going to hit you up in pm and ask how it was going. And you are right, the bass is strong but not overwhelming. A perfect way to put it, but they can hit sub-woofer level when call for. I'm really digging the sound sig on these customs.

Thanks. I started listening to some Jazz/Funk bass crazy music (Abe Laboriel & Friends, Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller) and that is where these babies really shine! :) 

As a bassplayer, I think these would work very well for me!! Whether on stage or just listening to bass music ... :)

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #392 of 7,417
Congratulations @ Randius, and upcoming nuptials and ear impressions. I think you will find these to be a real treat!!
beerchug.gif

Quote:
@Eric: Great to hear that they are not fatiguing over long period of listening. 5 hours is a feat! But you should be getting something to eat so you can enjoy them more!

Thankfully 1964ears is having the promotion for both the 1964-Q and international shipping. That makes my entry into custom IEMs much easier. JH13/16 is out of my budget and it is about time to tie the knot next year and that needs a lot of money...

Anyway, I just had my ear impressions done and can't wait to ship them out.

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #393 of 7,417

Yeah, they really shine on that type of music @ jermng. So true. So, what does the Mrs. think about the triples? I'm curious now.
Quote:
Quote:
jermng, I'm glad to read that they are finally coming around for you friend. I was going to hit you up in pm and ask how it was going. And you are right, the bass is strong but not overwhelming. A perfect way to put it, but they can hit sub-woofer level when call for. I'm really digging the sound sig on these customs.

Thanks. I started listening to some Jazz/Funk bass crazy music (Abe Laboriel & Friends, Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller) and that is where these babies really shine! :) 

As a bassplayer, I think these would work very well for me!! Whether on stage or just listening to bass music ... :)

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #394 of 7,417

Quote:
Yeah, they really shine on that type of music @ jermng. So true. So, what does the Mrs. think about the triples? I'm curious now.

:) She's been busy with the baby. Obviously I'm more enthusiastic about the IEMs. Will ask her for her opinions soon, but I guess she's gonna use it more "live" on stage as a pianist (keyboardist) .... 

Gonna try to sit her down with some music tonight for her opinions. :) 

Dec 7, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #395 of 7,417
OK ... This just in ... got my wife to sit down and spend some time with the triples ...... 

Just a little background, she's a professional pianist/keyboardist, session player and arranger. She has REALLY good ears - perfect pitch, and definitely much better than mine. She does a lot of transcribing as part of her work so she is really used to listening out for details in music.

We sat down and listened to music she's very familiar with and first thing she said was - "Wow! I can hear things I couldn't hear previously !!" She does not read audio reviews at all, and although that is a very cliched line, it was an "original" phrase from her. :)

Overall, she said she could hear texture and instrument separation better, and even fast runs on the piano were clearer to her. Chord voicings were also easier to distinguish. 

When asked about the Bass-Mid-Treble balance, she says it was just right for her but admitted she likes bass in her music (which is why she married a bass player :wink: ) ... She felt the overall balance was good and no frequency band stood out too much. 

Again, just as my initial impressions were from the POV of a Sound Engineer, obviously her views were more of a musicians' (not an audiophile's) but I guess it gives a good gauge of what the Triples are capable of. 

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #396 of 7,417
i think it's time you all create and start posting in a 1964 ears appreciation thread :p

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #397 of 7,417
@jermng: I think that's a pretty strong endorsement but does your wife regret not getting the quad?

btw, does silicon ear molds shrink? I am not sure if I had made a stupid mistake by sending the impressions via the cheaper mode. It will take probably 1-2 weeks time to reach them...

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #398 of 7,417

Quote:
@jermng: I think that's a pretty strong endorsement but does your wife regret not getting the quad?

btw, does silicon ear molds shrink? I am not sure if I had made a stupid mistake by sending the impressions via the cheaper mode. It will take probably 1-2 weeks time to reach them...

I am not sure about silicon ear molds, but I heard that ear molds shrink after a month-ish. Again, I am not sure what material was being talked about.

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #399 of 7,417

Quote:

I don't think so. In fact, I am thinking of getting the Triples to hear for myself (I already talked to Vitaliy about getting the Triples before I got my Quads) ..... My wife's response and the frequency response charts makes it seem like I will really like it. :)

Dec 7, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #400 of 7,417

Quote:

I've taken two impressions and they both are pretty much the same as when I got it. You should be fine.

Quote:
i think it's time you all create and start posting in a 1964 ears appreciation thread :p

Or kiteki could just change the name of the thread :p

I was going to hold off buying the triples for a few months as I was looking to buy something else but the more impressions about the quads and then the recent thoughts on the triples make me want those instead :p If only I made more money :)

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #401 of 7,417
You know the OP could change the name of this thread and make it the 1964 EARS Appreciation Thread.  There is no need to create a new thread. This would get my vote to stay right here. I think I'm going to talk to 1964 EARS about getting the triples done too.

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #402 of 7,417
Ya, that too! My bad... the silicone impressions shrink after like a month apparently but 1-2 weeks WILL be fine as long as it's a high viscosity silicone.

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #403 of 7,417
Hi eric &jermng thanks you very much for the reviews and insights !
Now i'm very confidence in getting the customs from 1964 ears.
However i am still deciding between the triples or quads.

May i know what is the offer regarding the international shipping ?

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #404 of 7,417
jermng is more equipped to answer that question than me. And you're welcome benuyu.

Quote:
Hi eric &jermng thanks you very much for the reviews and insights !
Now i'm very confidence in getting the customs from 1964 ears.
However i am still deciding between the triples or quads.

May i know what is the offer regarding the international shipping ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back