1964 Ears
Jan 23, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #6,498 of 7,417
And I've got CA H8P demo this week.

Use them with the foamies if you can... Apparently it better mimics the sonic qualities of Silicon.

Hopefully I'll find out soon :) My impressions reached Piotr about 2 weeks ago now..

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #6,500 of 7,417
Yup. Piotr included some handmade extra-long orange foamies
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Oops, forgot the Orange foamies are for M1, M2,and 330P. Comply TS400 for H8P.

Yup, I listened with the Comply. I wish every CIEM came in Silicon form! :) But I guess the driver-race makes that next to impossible....

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #6,501 of 7,417
A10 and A12 specs look pretty awesome.
And the new real loud technologie is pretty cool.

Still gonna stick with 1964ears V3 in my opinion best value money can buy  CIEM wise.

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #6,504 of 7,417
c6d06dac097f1b07a10f676d607cd0eb.jpg
m

So very very close!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for you man. I most of all hope for you that the fit is perfect the first time around. It really really sucks to have to send back your new CIEMs for a refit, mostly because it just takes longer before you can really enjoy them. I had to get 2 refits on my JH13 before they were finally good and now I'm loving the hell out of them.

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #6,505 of 7,417
c6d06dac097f1b07a10f676d607cd0eb.jpg
m

So very very close!!!!!

Good for you man. I most of all hope for you that the fit is perfect the first time around. It really really sucks to have to send back your new CIEMs for a refit, mostly because it just takes longer before you can really enjoy them. I had to get 2 refits on my JH13 before they were finally good and now I'm loving the hell out of them.

I am having way too much anxiety over the possibility of a refit! These are also my first CIEM's so I am worried about knowing the difference of just adjusting to them and needing a refit.

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #6,506 of 7,417
I am having way too much anxiety over the possibility of a refit! These are also my first CIEM's so I am worried about knowing the difference of just adjusting to them and needing a refit.

They fit well the first time. I ran into a couple problems though so I sent them back a week and a half ago. I don't know the status and I don't know when they'll ship back. Its better that they take more time, then rushing ^^. After i heard my v6s I am having a hard time coping with my 650s while they are away.

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #6,507 of 7,417

If it just feels a bit weird in your ears initially (which it probably will), then I'd just tough it out for a week or two to see if your ears get used to it. If you get severe pain or parts of your ears feel really sore, anywhere, after 1-2 hours of listening, you need a refit. And also make sure you get a good seal, or otherwise the bass will sound anemic. You will then also need a refit.

For me personally I was getting severe pain on a very specific part of my ear. My ear would just really hurt after about an hour and feel sore for hours after on that particular spot. That was definitely not a good fit. But now it fits fine. When I just got them back after the second refit I was finally able to start listening for hours without any issues. My ears did have to get used to them though, as initially it felt weird, like I'm really putting something thick in my ears (which I was of course). But they are slowly getting more and more comfortable by the day, so my ears are being broken in by the CIEM (that almost sounds sexual). 

Either way, if you got an open mouth impression like I did, your ears will probably need to get used to them. The ear-canal part of the CIEM will then be slightly bigger than your ear canal when your jaw is in a relaxed position. The most comfortable position will be with your mouth wide open, but your ears should get used to them with your mouth closed eventually. Just like when you use foam tips for the first time on universal IEMs, it feels weird for the first couple weeks, but then your ears get used to them and you don't really feel them anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back