1964 Ears
Aug 30, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #5,236 of 7,417
I listen to acoustic music (Americana), but am always wishing the bass was elevated.  I'm considering the V8's.  I'm actually going to sell my LCD-XCs and get a Hi-FiMan 400i and a pair of CIEM's for fit (universals always bother me to some degree).  Most of the music i listen to has vocals.  I'm just scared that I'll get the V8's and realize WHOA too much!  And then be down 900 bucks.  That being said, I've never had a problem with headphones being too bassy.  I loved the HE-400s but felt that the Bass was covering up the treble and mids (no separation). So what I'm looking for is a lot of bass that doesn't interfere with the stuff above it.  Any advice?

Is there any reason why you can't demo it?

Aug 31, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #5,237 of 7,417
Question, what sort of portable amps do you guys use with these CIEMs from 1964ears? Anyone using the Headstage Arrow 4G by any chance? And if so, how does it sound with these?

Aug 31, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #5,238 of 7,417
  Question, what sort of portable amps do you guys use with these CIEMs from 1964ears? Anyone using the Headstage Arrow 4G by any chance? And if so, how does it sound with these?

Currently used both the Fiio E17 + Ibasso D6 and they are perfect for my V8s as they clean up the sub-bass and mids. However I mainly run it through my Note 3 on 320 + flac files and they do file for portable use. 

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #5,239 of 7,417
How does the V6 stack up as opposed to the V6 stage has anyone had the chance to try both? I have my eye on one of these but I can't decide between the two.
I currently use a pair of Heir 4Ai which I like but would be nice to have a but more of a punch to them.

beerchug.gif

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #5,240 of 7,417
Damn. Missed the Labor day sale. Oh well, hopefully they will have another around Xmas. The wait to demo various models is taking forever, must be a lot of people ahead of me. I've been waiting for over a month and nothing has opened up yet.

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #5,241 of 7,417
  Damn. Missed the Labor day sale. Oh well, hopefully they will have another around Xmas. The wait to demo various models is taking forever, must be a lot of people ahead of me. I've been waiting for over a month and nothing has opened up yet.

They normally have one on Black Friday, whether they do or not this year who knows.

Sep 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #5,242 of 7,417

Use a RSA Predator amp/DAC at my desk and the amp (quite nice) in my DX90 for the road... Thinking of picking up an LOD for some of my Apple products to bring the Predator along for the ride ... outside.

The DX90 powers everything I have without distortion - and I have tried all of them close to the max output of the 90 - I quit before the 90 does.

Sep 3, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #5,243 of 7,417
  How does the V6 stack up as opposed to the V6 stage has anyone had the chance to try both? I have my eye on one of these but I can't decide between the two.
I currently use a pair of Heir 4Ai which I like but would be nice to have a but more of a punch to them.

beerchug.gif

The V6 and the stage both have great punch to their bass, but sound very different. The V6 is thicker and much warmer while the stage was more balanced and detailed so it really depends on your signature preferences. For my taste, the stage was a significant upgrade.

Just listened through the Noble Audio lineup and heard their Noble 4 which may share similarities for obvious reasons. The 4 had the lightest bass of all the Noble lineup with maybe the exception of the PR. So it is not representative of the rest of their lineup which had big bass. The entire 1964ears lineup has big bass as well. So I am assuming that you will find a much bigger punch making the move to either the v6 or the stage - you just need to pick your signature preference which is always best done with an audition if possible.

Sep 3, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #5,244 of 7,417
  The V6 and the stage both have great punch to their bass, but sound very different. The V6 is thicker and much warmer while the stage was more balanced and detailed so it really depends on your signature preferences. For my taste, the stage was a significant upgrade.

Just listened through the Noble Audio lineup and heard their Noble 4 which may share similarities for obvious reasons. The 4 had the lightest bass of all the Noble lineup with maybe the exception of the PR. So it is not representative of the rest of their lineup which had big bass. The entire 1964ears lineup has big bass as well. So I am assuming that you will find a much bigger punch making the move to either the v6 or the stage - you just need to pick your signature preference which is always best done with an audition if possible.

Thanks, I will have to see if i can find a pair to listen to in the UK.

bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #5,245 of 7,417
If I want to order a universal V6S, does it require additional fee? Also do I still need to go to audiologist to get my ear impression? 

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #5,247 of 7,417
Sweet. Also what type of tips do they use for the universal? Shure/Westone/UE or standard tips?

Sep 3, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #5,249 of 7,417
Anyone have tried and compare the Qi and v6s?

Sep 4, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #5,250 of 7,417

I own the V6-Stage in universal form and was able to compare to the V6 at the summer Seattle meet. Barra's impressions say it pretty well. I'll add a couple of my own. First, the Stage has a small but noticeable gain in bass and bass details. Second, beyond frequency response (and most important to me) is the excellent soundstage/separation/air/presentation/realism of the Stage. If you look at the 1964ears website you'll notice the V6-Stage has their "Triple Bore Design" technology and "3D Soundstage" that set it apart from the standard V6.

Also, yesterday I compared the V6-Stage to the Noble 4 (an improved 4Ai) and the Stage clearly outperformed the 4 in all aspects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back