1964 Ears
Dec 3, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #301 of 7,417

Quote:
how's the mould quality. how far is it from unique melody's fabled quality???

Not a match, but not too far either. Mine have maybe 4 or 5 very small bubbles total hiding somewhere in the shell, which is about what my JH Audio, Ultimate Ears, Westone, and LiveWires customs all have. The 2 UM products that I've had were absolutely flawless. I'd say that 1964 meets the standards of their (more expensive) competitors, so I have no complaints.

Dec 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #303 of 7,417

Quote:
1964 posted another picture of Eric's earphones on facebook. They look very nice.

Yes, I see them @ MINGF5. Thanks for pointing it out. Nice! The trumpet really looks nice on the carbon, although it's hard to catch my name in that color blue on camera, but I know it will look outstanding to the naked eye. Hope they're in the mail now...lol.
beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #304 of 7,417

Dec 3, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #306 of 7,417

Quote:
Cool! Some initial impression please!
smily_headphones1.gif

I  don't have them yet. When I get them I will...
regular_smile%20.gif

They are in the city waiting at the post office. Unfortunately I won't be able to get them into my ears until Monday!!

Dec 3, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #307 of 7,417
The post office delivers on Saturday as well :) I can't wait to hear your impressions on them.

Dec 3, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #309 of 7,417
You should be getting them Saturday, unless you have it shipped to work.  Though sometimes I come to the office to wait for deliveries I really want 
biggrin.gif

Almost there!  It feels a lot quicker now the day has arrived.  Between ericp and project86, we have the T and Q covered.  I can't wait till more and more reviews stream in.  So far the T sound like they will be for me, but I want to be a little sure before I jump into customs.

Dec 4, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #310 of 7,417
LoL @ you guys and lady... Yea, I had them shipped to my office, and they don't work on Saturdays. So they will get picked up Monday morning and I'll get them then. Trust, I really don't want to wait any longer either, but since I had them shipped to the office, it's best to just wait two more days. Hang in there with me head-fi members!!

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #311 of 7,417
Maybe project86 or rawster can answer this question. Vitaliy at 1964 actually provides the option to recess the cable sockets. So, which option is better? I can see the downside of recessed socket being it will only accept the westone cable or alike, those higher grade "aftermarket" cable maybe too big for the recessed socket. The upside would be a much more secured attachment... What do you guys think?

Btw, I also ordered the Q. But I'm not good at describing sounds with words, so better not rely on me for a detailed impression. :)

Dec 4, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #312 of 7,417
I don't know if it really matters all that much. The regular connection seems plenty strong but if anything breaks it would just be the cable which is relatively cheap to replace. I suppose if someone planned on unplugging the cable very frequently a recessed option might be helpful but I can't say for sure.

Dec 4, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #313 of 7,417
Showed my wife a pic of erics new quads and now she wants one! I've been looking to jump to custom for awhile now it looks like ill be taking my wife along for the ride hehe i love headfi.
beerchug.gif

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #314 of 7,417

Quote:
Maybe project86 or rawster can answer this question. Vitaliy at 1964 actually provides the option to recess the cable sockets. So, which option is better? I can see the downside of recessed socket being it will only accept the westone cable or alike, those higher grade "aftermarket" cable maybe too big for the recessed socket. The upside would be a much more secured attachment... What do you guys think?

Btw, I also ordered the Q. But I'm not good at describing sounds with words, so better not rely on me for a detailed impression.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not quite sure what you mean by recessed socket. If I understand correctly a recessed socket would mean the pins are shorter so it would accept the pins that the UE stock cable does. If that is what you mean then the only point of that is if you wanted to use it with your phone but the UE cable that has a mic so you can use it with your phone is not as good as the regular cable. The regular socket is the pins that customs use such as JHA, Westone, etc. although  you probably won't be able to use the UE cable due to their new cable design. If I get a pair from 1964 I would want the connection where a Westone, JHA or aftermarket cable can fit fine. You have more options that way esp if you want to buy an aftermarket cable such as the ones offered by Whiplash Audio or whenever Moon Audio gets their cables up and running.

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #315 of 7,417

Quote:
Showed my wife a pic of erics new quads and now she wants one! I've been looking to jump to custom for awhile now it looks like ill be taking my wife along for the ride hehe i love headfi.
beerchug.gif

Gat a good amp and splitter, if you like the same type of music. Congrats! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back