1964 Ears
Jul 10, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #2,626 of 7,417
So here they are at last, it took 2 months and i cant really say I'm sure it was worth it 100%. I love how they came out cosmetically, but the fit...Well...Its not terrible but the left IEM lets in a lot of noise, i can actually hear myself tapping the keyboard as i type...Clearly. The right one fits great but the connector is pressed har against my ear so it hurts over time. They sound pretty good though, but I'm not quite sure I feel they were even close to worth my money, as I see myself using my skullcandy TiTans more than these..Alot more actually. And yes, I did say skullcandy - I think that says more about these than anything. I'm not sure if I can handle having to wait another 2 months for them attempting to make a refitting or i should just try get rid of them to get a pair of Westone 4. My "custom adventure" just started and i fear it may be at an end just as fast, leaving me quite agry about 800$ lost after tax and customs...

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #2,627 of 7,417

Quote:
How do the 1964-Q's sound in comparison to the Westone 4's or Shure SE535's and do they sound ok straight out of an iPhone 4 un-amped?

As you can possibly see, I am currently using them straight out of a Iphone4 and it sounds fantastic...If they then just fit right...

Jul 10, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #2,628 of 7,417
Just send them back.
I have fittting problems as well with my Triples(loose fit on right,bit tight on the left).I send them back this week for a refit.
I did send my custom silicone soundblocking earplugs with them so they have a reference,since they fit me very good.I know it's different material than the acrylic,but better than nothing.It is always hard to describe where the monitors have a bad fit,especially when you have a loose fit.When you have a aching pain,caused by a tight fit,you can tell where it hurts, but loose fit is difficult to explain.At least for me.
So send them back,they ship for free,it's a garantee.

Jul 10, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #2,629 of 7,417
I had partly the same issues with my Quads. When I first got them, they seemed to push too far in to the ear canal, causing some discomfort when I walked. However after a week of use, I'm feeling a lot better about them, though that may be because I've stopped pushing them in all the way. I'm not wearing them loosely -- e.g., I can't hear myself typing -- but I'm just not jamming them all the way in.

I also noticed that there is a *lot* of cable noise when the plastic sheath around the memory wire moves against my glasses, so I've started taking my glasses off for the commute.

Give them a chance is what I'm recommending. Does the seal break when you smile? Mine does, slightly, so I may have to get them refitted, and ask if a silicone canal is possible.

A question for all you veterans -- I know there was some talk of using lubrication to get a better seal. I've started dabbing tap water into my ear before inserting the quads, and am pleased with the results. Can anyone say if the ear gel or olive oil is better than water?

Jul 10, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #2,630 of 7,417

Quote:
I had partly the same issues with my Quads. When I first got them, they seemed to push too far in to the ear canal, causing some discomfort when I walked. However after a week of use, I'm feeling a lot better about them, though that may be because I've stopped pushing them in all the way. I'm not wearing them loosely -- e.g., I can't hear myself typing -- but I'm just not jamming them all the way in.

I also noticed that there is a *lot* of cable noise when the plastic sheath around the memory wire moves against my glasses, so I've started taking my glasses off for the commute.

Give them a chance is what I'm recommending. Does the seal break when you smile? Mine does, slightly, so I may have to get them refitted, and ask if a silicone canal is possible.

A question for all you veterans -- I know there was some talk of using lubrication to get a better seal. I've started dabbing tap water into my ear before inserting the quads, and am pleased with the results. Can anyone say if the ear gel or olive oil is better than water?

I have had them for a month. And when i smile/grin/yawn they almost fall out. I gave them a chance for which they have only caused me further pain and thus I am to say the least, not happy with them.

Jul 11, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #2,631 of 7,417
Does that mean you're past the 30 day free refit period?

Quote:
I have had them for a month. And when i smile/grin/yawn they almost fall out. I gave them a chance for which they have only caused me further pain and thus I am to say the least, not happy with them.

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #2,632 of 7,417

Quote:

Okay, so why didn't you send them in for a free refit? Did I miss that somewhere? If so, I apologize....

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #2,633 of 7,417
Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned using the Quads with Leckerton UHA-4. I just ordered a CLAS solo and I am currently using Westone UM3x with my Ipod Classic.  I am really curious about how the Quads are pairing with UHA-4, any issues, good combination? 

Thanks in advance. 

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #2,634 of 7,417
Great combo. No issues with me. It enhances the treble and provides a larger sense of spaciousness. It also sounds good with the Fiio E11 but not as good as with the UHA-4.

Quote:
Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned using the Quads with Leckerton UHA-4. I just ordered a CLAS solo and I am currently using Westone UM3x with my Ipod Classic.  I am really curious about how the Quads are pairing with UHA-4, any issues, good combination? 

Thanks in advance. 

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #2,635 of 7,417

Quote:
Great combo. No issues with me. It enhances the treble and provides a larger sense of spaciousness. It also sounds good with the Fiio E11 but not as good as with the UHA-4.

Thank you for the answer. I am really happy to read that. 

Also, what was the wait period for the recent buyers here? Is it still 4-5 weeks? 

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #2,636 of 7,417
Yes, just over 4 weeks for me from the moment they received payment to the moment they shipped the quads.

Quote:
Thank you for the answer. I am really happy to read that. 

Also, what was the wait period for the recent buyers here? Is it still 4-5 weeks? 

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #2,637 of 7,417
Got my Triples in the mail a couple weeks back just haven't gotten around to posting/taking pictures. I have to say every time I listen to these I just am amazed at how great they sound and how perfect the sound signature is for me. Neutral with a slight emphasis on bass as many have described these is definitely how I would describe them also. Fit in the right ear is perfect and the left lets in a little bit too much noise so will most likely send them back after I get back from my trip to Belize. First though I'll see how they do on the airplane test and how well they isolate there. Everyday is a good day with these in my ears 
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #2,638 of 7,417
^Nice picture, they look great.
It is funny how we have the same Headphones, lol I also have the pk3 and hd600 (supposed to be the same as 580)

Jul 14, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #2,639 of 7,417
Wow, we do. And stranger is that we even have the same sources (J3 and Fuze). I suppose head-fi does recommend some headphones/earphones/players more often than others and we just believed the community and made the purchase. 

Jul 14, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #2,640 of 7,417
Quad owners (and Triple owners too). Take a listen and tell me how this comes through to your ears. Thank you in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_M_27ciAKI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back