1964 Ears
May 6, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #2,296 of 7,417

Quote:
I wonder, could you ask them to place the output jack on the earphone in such a way that the cable can go straight down..?

that's very unorthodox but i think it's worth a shot, but honestly, i would just find a 3rd party cable without the memory section if thats the main concern

May 7, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #2,298 of 7,417
I really don't know where else they would put the pins actually. the only place is on the face plate which is where a company such as Livewires has it but then it will need a different cable and different pins.

May 7, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #2,299 of 7,417
I have a few photos on my photo album at Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150588911525133.669562.813325132

I'll try to get a few more snaps of the gradient if I find the time. They didn't turn out as gradient as expected though.

Quote:
I think you should send it back.  Or ask for $50 refund.  Charging $50 for a printout of carbon fibre is unacceptable IMO.

Do you have any more pictures?  I'm curious to see how the gradient between clear tip and blue turned out.  I was thinking of that combo.  Thanks

May 7, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #2,300 of 7,417
@patanin1st What did you put on the order form for them to think that you wanted a smaller 'print out' of carbon fiber? This kinda worries me since I wrote down "Large Type Carbon Fiber"; You don't think they'll give me an enlarged print out do you?
mad.gif

May 7, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #2,301 of 7,417
Hi guys,
I just read through the first 30 pages of this topic and am really considering the duals. My question is, only regarding the sound quality, is there a better option for custom IEMs or portable headphones under 250 euros? I don't care whether it's a custom IEM or portable headphone, I just care about the sound quality (I don't want a non-custom IEM though). Are they even comparable sound quality wise? If not, what's the difference?

I will be using them just for music listening at home and while travelling, not for performing or anything like that.

May 7, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #2,302 of 7,417
triples $250??
I have 2 pairs please

May 7, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #2,305 of 7,417
First I had a call with them, told them I wanted a weave as small as the ones on JH Audio IF POSSIBLE. They told me the smallest they have is 1K weave, so I said I'm ok with that, but if a smaller weave is available then I'm in. I also sent a note along with the order form restating this. I think They misunderstood the fact that I meant a smaller Carbon Fibre weave, not a smaller patten even though it's not real carbon fibre.

I think your order should be fine if that is all you stated. They'll probably put the 3K weave one on yours.

Quote:
@patanin1st What did you put on the order form for them to think that you wanted a smaller 'print out' of carbon fiber? This kinda worries me since I wrote down "Large Type Carbon Fiber"; You don't think they'll give me an enlarged print out do you?
mad.gif

May 7, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #2,306 of 7,417
That is a very nice color scheme. I was considering black translucent on carbon fiber with a silver custom engraving but you've given me some pause. Decisions, decisions, decisions
smily_headphones1.gif

What color is the blue btw? I'm assuming is royal blue.

Quote:
I have a few photos on my photo album at Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150588911525133.669562.813325132

I'll try to get a few more snaps of the gradient if I find the time. They didn't turn out as gradient as expected though.

May 7, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #2,307 of 7,417

Yes, it is royal blue, with gradual change to clear tips. I left the middle of the faceplate blank because I'm waiting for them to by any chance develop Titanium faceplates/artwork. Will probably put some logo/icon/symbol there in the middle with the titanium.

Quote:
That is a very nice color scheme. I was considering black translucent on carbon fiber with a silver custom engraving but you've given me some pause. Decisions, decisions, decisions
smily_headphones1.gif

What color is the blue btw? I'm assuming is royal blue.

May 7, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #2,308 of 7,417
Did you receive a confirmation from 1964 on whether or not they will implement titanium/brush metal engravings? If that is true, I'd rather hold off on the custom art as well and send my pair back in when the option is available. Titanium/brush metal engravings on a carbon fiber faceplate would be an awesome combo.
Quote:

Yes, it is royal blue, with gradual change to clear tips. I left the middle of the faceplate blank because I'm waiting for them to by any chance develop Titanium faceplates/artwork. Will probably put some logo/icon/symbol there in the middle with the titanium.

May 7, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #2,309 of 7,417

Quote:
Did you receive a confirmation from 1964 on whether or not they will implement titanium/brush metal engravings? If that is true, I'd rather hold off on the custom art as well and send my pair back in when the option is available. Titanium/brush metal engravings on a carbon fiber faceplate would be an awesome combo.

It says on their facebook page that they are looking into it for future development. Not sure if they are gonna actually implement titanium plating.

On another note, I wonder if you could ship your 1964 IEMs to JHAudio and see if they'd do the titanium artwork. Probably a long shot since JH probably wont work with anything other than their own products. Kinda follows that whole "no outside drinks" kinda policy.

May 8, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #2,310 of 7,417
They actually did not state anything like a confirmation other than a quote back in facebook that they "might look into it for development". I'm just hoping that it'll come true someday in the near future. Without the titanium engraving it looks ok anyways, so I can live without the titanium for a while.

But yes, for any chance of possibility at this moment now, you might try contacting JH Audio to do you a (pretty huge) favor. Thought of that as well, but as the post above says, pretty much a "no outside drinks" policy.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back