1964 Ears
Apr 7, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #2,026 of 7,417
Well, good news! I've just had confirmation that my 1964-T's have shipped. I'm in Northern Ireland so they are a good week away without taking customs into consideration, but the countdown is on :) 

I'm very happy with how they have turned out from an artwork perspective- Lets hope they fit first time round! :)

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #2,029 of 7,417

IMPORTANT: until they get caught up on orders I would recommend not ordering from 1964 ears. 25th business day and I still haven't received mine and have been lied to about completion dates several times. Because of this I will not get to listen to mine for atleast another 2 weeks because I am leaving the US. For all those who say I should have ordered rush build I gave a good threshold of 5 extra days from their advertised completion date. I am very disappointed with their service right now.

This is certainly a valid point to consider. Some people would be fine waiting, but others might not. I don't think they are lying, just giving estimates that are too optimistic. But I just got my westone ac2 and it only took them 10 business days... Certainly something to think about.

Apr 8, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #2,030 of 7,417

Quote:
Well, good news! I've just had confirmation that my 1964-T's have shipped. I'm in Northern Ireland so they are a good week away without taking customs into consideration, but the countdown is on :) 

I'm very happy with how they have turned out from an artwork perspective- Lets hope they fit first time round! :)

The good news is that mine only took three days to get from Portland to UK. The bad news is that UK Customs have had it for 4 days and no news.

Apr 8, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #2,031 of 7,417
Quote:

The good news is that mine only took three days to get from Portland to UK. The bad news is that UK Customs have had it for 4 days and no news.

WOW! 3 days is exceptionally fast. My impressions took 6 working days so i was metering off that.

Please keep my posted on how you get on with customs as I'll be following you shortly I hope :p

Apr 8, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #2,032 of 7,417
Well I just checked the online tracking for the 34th time and it looks like my customs are finally out of Customs! Hopefully I should be either receiving them or hearing from USPS about any charges very soon. I am away until Sunday night though.

Apr 8, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #2,033 of 7,417
Well, it's Friday now so I doubt you'll miss much inbetween. Best of luck on a speedy delivery!

Apr 8, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #2,034 of 7,417

hah! told you guys long before... mine took 20+ business days too. and worse it came with fit issue.

Quote:
IMPORTANT: until they get caught up on orders I would recommend not ordering from 1964 ears. 25th business day and I still haven't received mine and have been lied to about completion dates several times. Because of this I will not get to listen to mine for atleast another 2 weeks because I am leaving the US. For all those who say I should have ordered rush build I gave a good threshold of 5 extra days from their advertised completion date. I am very disappointed with their service right now.

Apr 8, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #2,035 of 7,417
Their customer service is excellent.  Somehow my ears were conducting too much bass (through bone structure perhaps).  The quads had so much bass it was overwhelming for me.  I talked to Vitaliy over the phone and they were able to tweak them perfectly for me in one shot!  Now they sound perfect to me.  I mailed them out Tuesday overnight and got them back 10:30am Friday!

I do like bass, I own LCD-2, DT990-600 ohm, and had TF-10.  I knew what I wanted and in the end I got exactly that!

Thanks again for the excellent customer service 1964 Ears!

Apr 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #2,036 of 7,417
Pun intended? customs finally left Customs...
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Well I just checked the online tracking for the 34th time and it looks like my customs are finally out of Customs! Hopefully I should be either receiving them or hearing from USPS about any charges very soon. I am away until Sunday night though.

Apr 8, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #2,037 of 7,417
Sigh.... I wasn't going to jump back into the fray on the whole "they told me 20 days and it took 30" thing, but sheesh!  We are buying a custom, hand made product, made to fit individual ears, with impressions taken by a 3rd party, all parties likely never to all meet  - Well, I guess ear owners and audiologist will meet...  There will be fit issues!

And Sheesh again - 1964 Ears is a small company, just starting out.  They seem to be working their .....'s off to keep up.  Are they missing completion date estimates?  I bet they are, try as they might to get them right!  Heck, they probably really need one person dedicated just to answering emails from edgy head-fiers!  If you want instant gratification, order universal iem's from a big company and a big retailer.

I'm not generally an apologist, but I have been treated graciously at every turn by everyone at 1964 Ears, in spite of the fact that they are buried with orders. Seveal pleasant emails with Aleksey, a pleasant phone conversation with Vitaliy.  At day 25 or so (and I ordered when 15 to 20 business days was the quote), I sent them an email, just politely inquiring status, and let it slip that my birthday was the next Tuesday (this was a Thursday).  On Sunday, I get an email telling me that my quads are done, and will ship overnight on Monday.  On Tuesday (my birthday) I get a package at work with my quads, a happy birthday note from Aleksey, and a $10 iTunes gift certificate.  They spent $21 to overnight them to me.  I don't think margins are all that high on customs - that was a nice gesture.

(For the record, I had sent them an email a week or so earlier, telling them to take whatever time they needed to get mine done, and send me a pair that they would be proud to send, and I would be proud to own.)

My impression to date, is that 1964 Ears is a group of very nice folks that make a very high value product, and are trying really hard to keep up with a welcome flood of business.

I'll likely have continued interaction, as I am considering a refit - left is very slightly loose, and seal will break on a big yawn or smile.  (I'm not completely decided, I'll continue to evaluate.)

Side note on fit - Watch the position of the memory wire - if it pushes against head or ear, it can exert enough leverage to make the seal easier to break.  I have had much better seal once I figured out to position the memory wire sort of out in space between head and ear.

All right, enough cranking and rambling....  Back to my quads.  The more I listen to them, the more I like them, and the less I mess around with EQ.  It is a very true and nice signature, with mild bass boost.  Very musical.

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #2,039 of 7,417

Quote:
Sigh.... I wasn't going to jump back into the fray on the whole "they told me 20 days and it took 30" thing, but sheesh!  We are buying a custom, hand made product, made to fit individual ears, with impressions taken by a 3rd party, all parties likely never to all meet  - Well, I guess ear owners and audiologist will meet...  There will be fit issues!

And Sheesh again - 1964 Ears is a small company, just starting out.  They seem to be working their .....'s off to keep up.  Are they missing completion date estimates?  I bet they are, try as they might to get them right!  Heck, they probably really need one person dedicated just to answering emails from edgy head-fiers!  If you want instant gratification, order universal iem's from a big company and a big retailer.

I'm not generally an apologist, but I have been treated graciously at every turn by everyone at 1964 Ears, in spite of the fact that they are buried with orders. Seveal pleasant emails with Aleksey, a pleasant phone conversation with Vitaliy.  At day 25 or so (and I ordered when 15 to 20 business days was the quote), I sent them an email, just politely inquiring status, and let it slip that my birthday was the next Tuesday (this was a Thursday).  On Sunday, I get an email telling me that my quads are done, and will ship overnight on Monday.  On Tuesday (my birthday) I get a package at work with my quads, a happy birthday note from Aleksey, and a $10 iTunes gift certificate.  They spent $21 to overnight them to me.  I don't think margins are all that high on customs - that was a nice gesture.

(For the record, I had sent them an email a week or so earlier, telling them to take whatever time they needed to get mine done, and send me a pair that they would be proud to send, and I would be proud to own.)

My impression to date, is that 1964 Ears is a group of very nice folks that make a very high value product, and are trying really hard to keep up with a welcome flood of business.

I'll likely have continued interaction, as I am considering a refit - left is very slightly loose, and seal will break on a big yawn or smile.  (I'm not completely decided, I'll continue to evaluate.)

Side note on fit - Watch the position of the memory wire - if it pushes against head or ear, it can exert enough leverage to make the seal easier to break.  I have had much better seal once I figured out to position the memory wire sort of out in space between head and ear.

All right, enough cranking and rambling....  Back to my quads.  The more I listen to them, the more I like them, and the less I mess around with EQ.  It is a very true and nice signature, with mild bass boost.  Very musical.

Removed.

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #2,040 of 7,417
As an aside to their turnaround times, I was wondering if anybody has had both MTPCs as well as 1964Ts, and if the 1964s were a significant upgrade for them. Thanks for any opinions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back