1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 28, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #5,806 of 9,124
Hmm..this apex tech seems to be just a mesh screen and a vent port, instead of a membrane in ADEL. Vitally's video didn't go into how it work to reduce pneumatic pressure. In ADEL, isn't it's the membrane movement that absorbs the pressure? Venting would relief the pressure too, but I don't imagine by much

. Look like the partnership went south, unfortunate.

I'm sure other companies are eager to utilize ADEL and probably very soon we'plan see them using it. Apex looks like it's just a mesh screen. Cutting a hole in the back of the CIEM and putting a mesh screen in would do the exact same thing as an APEX screen. A membrane would largely preserve the sound sig where as a screened hole should drop the much of the bass. If they're claiming 20db of isolation they must also have a membrane, I don't see how you can get 20db of isolation from a vented mesh screen.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #5,808 of 9,124
OK

Called 1964 and they informed me;

Anything that has shipped is going to be Adel.

The apex will be compatible with the old Adel (maybe with a small adapter)

He said "1964 was taking the adel technology to a new level by introducing the APEX"

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #5,810 of 9,124
Are you guys referring to air pressure. Sometimes with the MAM, when the air conditioner kicks in, you can feel the pressure change. I think it's pretty cool and once you listen to music it's gone. 

I'm not sure you're feeling the pressure change as much as you're hearing the AC come on. :wink: Try closing the MAM for awhile, listening to music, then open it to get a good feeling of what the pressure FEELS like.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #5,811 of 9,124
I'm sure other companies are eager to utilize ADEL and probably very soon we'plan see them using it. Apex looks like it's just a mesh screen. Cutting a hole in the back of the CIEM and putting a mesh screen in would do the exact same thing as an APEX screen. A membrane would largely preserve the sound sig where as a screened hole should drop the much of the bass. If they're claiming 20db of isolation they must also have a membrane, I don't see how you can get 20db of isolation from a vented mesh screen.

Think it might be too early to comment, but the mesh does look like a protective mesh in front of the membrane. I could be wrong.

BTW am experiencing problems with my MAMs: the membranes on both sides look different (see attached), and I get varying effects even when I open the valves all the way. I can't get the left module in the picture to fully open up.

No matter how I adjust this, the sound quality's horrible as compared to the stock modules. 

Appreciate your thoughts!

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #5,812 of 9,124
According to their website, they will be introducing additional Apex modules in the future.

More options can only be better for us.  More confusing as well 

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #5,813 of 9,124
Apparently there's a video introducing the Apex, but it's private? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSqJJ2FLuHs

*edit*
okay, nvm the video can be seen on their website

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #5,814 of 9,124

Think it might be too early to comment, but the mesh does look like a protective mesh in front of the membrane. I could be wrong.

BTW am experiencing problems with my MAMs: the membranes on both sides look different (see attached), and I get varying effects even when I open the valves all the way. I can't get the left module in the picture to fully open up.

No matter how I adjust this, the sound quality's horrible as compared to the stock modules. 

Appreciate your thoughts!

Hey man, color of membrane really doesn't effect it. Sometimes if you get a tiny bit of oil from your ear on it, it changes to a bit see through like that. Sorta like a wet spot on a grey tshirt.

As for it not opening all the way, it is possible that the membrane is sticking to the basket. It's rare (I even sand down the face of the basket to get rid of any tiny machining burrs), but it can happen. You can try to get it unstuck by having them in your IEMs and in your ears, then more your jaw around. The pressure in your ear canal pulls the membrane off the basket face.

If that doesn't work, you can always have it set to be open and lightly blow into the top ambient holes, that should lift the membrane off the basket if it is indeed stuck. Just be careful, membranes are fragile. But hey, if it breaks, I'll still rebuild it for you. Just let me know how it goes.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #5,815 of 9,124
Look like the partnership went south, unfortunate.

I wonder what this means about the 64 Audio and Asius/Ambrose partnership.

If their partnership did go South, I honest feel sorry for both the companies. 64Audio was/is one of the best companies I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Amazing customer support and great products. That combined with Asius’s ADEL technology was just brilliant. Although I am not in a position to believe or question the ‘protects your hearing’ part, I do feel the module helps reduce ear fatigue and brings some desirable sonic characters. 

I really hope that was not the case..

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #5,816 of 9,124

If their partnership did go South, I honest feel sorry for both the companies. 64Audio was/is one of the best companies I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Amazing customer support and great products. That combined with Asius’s ADEL technology was just brilliant. Although I am not in a position to believe or question the ‘protects your hearing’ part, I do feel the module helps reduce ear fatigue and brings some desirable sonic characters. 

I really hope that was not the case..

I agree dealing with everyone at 1964 has been a great experience.  Top notch !! Asius as well!

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #5,817 of 9,124
I would disagree, I think fully open (knobs cranked all the way in, sounds spectacular). The sweet spot is hard to find at first, rest assured, you will find it and it will get easier each time.

I've discovered that one of my MAMs isn't functioning properly, which is probably the reason they have sounded off so far. Asius are going to look at them for me.

I'll get these A12s sounding good eventually!

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #5,818 of 9,124
Would someone from 64 Audio care to comment on the module situation? 

If the apex modules do what the Asius modules do, would this not be infringing on their patent? I genuinely don't want to stir up an argument or anything, but would like an explanation if possible. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #5,819 of 9,124
Would someone from 64 Audio care to comment on the module situation? 

If the apex modules do what the Asius modules do, would this not be infringing on their patent? I genuinely don't want to stir up an argument or anything, but would like an explanation if possible. 

I really hope all these different modules are all interchangeable.

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #5,820 of 9,124
I really hope all these different modules are all interchangeable.

They will be per my discussion with 1964 audio today (it might require an adapter) at least old Adel iem's will accept the new Apex modules .  I did not ask about new Apex Iem's accepting old Adel modules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back