1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 28, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #5,791 of 9,124
  Are you guys seeing what I am seeing? There is no reference to ADEL anymore on 64Audio's website. They have replaced it with something similar and are calling it APEX technology. No ADEL modules for sale in their accessories section either. Also, under the 'Technology' menu, they now have something called the 'Tia'.

Yes it seems like 64Audio is removing all references to ADEL and Asius Technologies and the original S1 and B1 modules, while introducing their new M20 module with -20db isolation, which is even higher than the S1's -18db. Probably the exclusive licencing for ADEL technology has lapsed, but i'm not sure.

I'm more concerned about my order which i confirmed last week via my local distributor, the ear molds are probably still on the way there. My order was for A12 with B1 modules, but i wonder if i would be given M20 modules instead. I wonder how different or similar the M20 modules would be to current S1, B1, G1 and MAMs...

Based on M20's isolation of -20db, it seems to suggest that it would be more similar to the S1 (-18db) than G1 or B1 (-10db). So far S1 reviews seems to suggest that it is veiled, bassy, congested, which is why i opted for B1s. Or is the higher isolation value due to the new placement of the air vent at the side of the module. 

I'm bent on getting the MAMs separately, but more information from 64 Audio and Asius will be helpful.

Jul 28, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #5,792 of 9,124
Overnight changes to website and products are not due to overnight developments. I wonder what this means about the 64 Audio and Asius/Ambrose partnership.

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #5,794 of 9,124
Links

https://www.64audio.com/technology

https://www.asiustechnologies.com/pages/technology

Not coincidentally I received a ship notice for my U12's last night   (probably equipped with Adel) 

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #5,797 of 9,124
They were all deleted. Some kind of hostility around quality control of the MAMs being the reason why they weren't offered on the 64 site.

Yes sorry I reread

Its early 
confused_face(1).gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #5,798 of 9,124
Hmm..this apex tech seems to be just a mesh screen and a vent port, instead of a membrane in ADEL. Vitally's video didn't go into how it work to reduce pneumatic pressure. In ADEL, isn't it's the membrane movement that absorbs the pressure? Venting would relief the pressure too, but I don't imagine by much. Look like the partnership went south, unfortunate.

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #5,799 of 9,124
  Are you guys seeing what I am seeing? There is no reference to ADEL anymore on 64Audio's website. They have replaced it with something similar and are calling it APEX technology. No ADEL modules for sale in their accessories section either. Also, under the 'Technology' menu, they now have something called the 'Tia'.

Sounds more like a response to a trademark infringement prosecution. I'm not sure anything actually changed. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #5,800 of 9,124
Not sure what happen to the 2 companies and not going to speculate.

I can't find the video on how to adjust the MAM module on youtube anymore. A video guide is a lot easier and useful for us consumers.

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #5,801 of 9,124

Also try searching for A3 and A4 in this thread. I believe there was some discussion a while back on those. And if I remember correctly, A4 has a bassy tuning while the A3 has a balanced tuning in comparison.

According to the sound profiles on their website, it seems like it. Now when they say bassy, I would have liked to know how much, are the highs still extended and refined or will it be like the sound signature of a Beat ? Assuming I'd like something sounding like a W40 or SM64, balanced but not shy on bass, should I go with a #3 or a #4 ? thanks

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #5,802 of 9,124
So these MAMs. Fiddly little buggers, aren't they?

How does one tune each ear separately?

Are you supposed to stop turning the second you hear a difference or keep going a tad?

Any tips would be appreciated. I've watched the video but none of the methods seem to work for me. I can say that both fully closed and fully open sound wrong so I do need to find somewhere in the middle!

I would disagree, I think fully open (knobs cranked all the way in, sounds spectacular). The sweet spot is hard to find at first, rest assured, you will find it and it will get easier each time.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #5,804 of 9,124
I just got the MAM as well.
I am not sure if the one I got is defective or not.
When I turned the MAM to from fully closed to open, there was a air leakage sound, like the iem was not properly put on and not getting a proper seal.
I kept adjusting the way I wore the iem but it didn't work.
I gave up and put back the B1 and everything was fine, sound was great too.
So I will keep using the B1 and forget the MAM.

I've noticed a similar sound and I believe it is just the ambient noise increasing/decreasing and possibly the pressure escaping. Mine is not defective.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #5,805 of 9,124
I've noticed a similar sound and I believe it is just the ambient noise increasing/decreasing and possibly the pressurend escaping. Mine is not defective.

Are you guys referring to air pressure. Sometimes with the MAM, when the air conditioner kicks in, you can feel the pressure change. I think it's pretty cool and once you listen to music it's gone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back