$1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to 1TB SSD
Apr 24, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #196 of 237
Sonos & Flow

With the ssd internal version could it be possible to link the Flow to a network via some kinf of USB-Ethernet adapter and so access the SSD trought the SONOS interface ?

The idea is to point the SONOS to the internal library of the Flow, as I can do if it was in a NAS or in a MAC (via iTunes); in this scenario the SONOS would provide the GUI/Interface

Possible installing some kind of OS/Samba in te internal mSata ,,,, (http://blog.garrypettet.com/how-to-use-the-raspberry-pi-as-a-sonos-nas-server/)

Thanks

Vasco Vaz

May 6, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #197 of 237
Got the answer from Aurender support; no joy in using the USB port with any kind of Wi-Fi / Ethernet adapter :

MAY 06, 2015  |  09:45AM KST
Eric replied:
Dear Vasco,

First of all, thank you for your interest in Aurender FLOW.
I regret to say that the USB port is just for Audio input. So you cannot connect to Network.
If your Sonos has optical output, you can connect to FLOW’s optical input.

Best regards,
Eric Shim

May 16, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #199 of 237
Good review in the June issue of Stereophile. Kind of a lazy review in my opinion, if they are going to review headphone stuff they need to make sure they have other competitive gear on hand and do a better job. This unit should be compared with the Hugo and run with more than 2 pair of serious headphones. I kind of dissagee with the idea that the HD800 are not that great with the Flow, I disagree completely and think the presentation is fantastic. Even if a darker headphone like the LCD-X might speak to the reviewer they do not have the resolving transparency of the HD800. I listen to the LCD-3 with mine and the HD800, they both have equal merit in my eyes (ears)! I can listen to the HD800 all day, can't say that about many setups....

May 28, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #201 of 237
Quick question for iPhone/iPad users....

Since you need to use the Camera Connection Kit to connect, do you get the additional benefit of playing high res files with 3rd party players?  You know, like the Onkyo or McIntosh player....

May 28, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #202 of 237
Quick question for iPhone/iPad users....

Since you need to use the Camera Connection Kit to connect, do you get the additional benefit of playing high res files with 3rd party players?  You know, like the Onkyo or McIntosh player....
The Onkyo with DSD plug-in, CCK & the Flow is my default setup actually :). Further I convert & upsample on the Onkyo.

Jul 14, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #204 of 237
  Found out some disturbing news (IMO) today - the display window on the Aurender is made out of plastic. I noticed some faint scratches on mine when viewing it at an angle - I've babied mine since new, so this was discouraging. Contacted support, and they confirmed that the window is plastic. Kinda disappointing on a product in this price range.

Same thing here... I've babied mine as well, but when viewing it at an angle, I can also see some minuscular scratches
frown.gif

Aug 2, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #205 of 237
I'd like to get a bit of clarity on a couple of issues, and especially 1 and 2 below:

1) Is there a specific physical size of mSata drive?  I ask, as a quick web search *seemed* to show both 1.8", 2" and 2.5" drives.  That said, I could have misunderstood what I read.

2) Does the battery ALWAYS deplete when in use, even when charging constantly?  Has anyone tried this when using the Flow as a dac only, with line out?  EDIT - Noting that my main purpose will be to use this as a smaller dac with a Cavalli Liquid Carbon as well as a stand alone unit, hence my question about the battery discharge. Eventually, the battery will loose capacity. Plus one is then limited in listening sessions even when the Flow is plugged into the wall if I'm correct?

3) With the Andriod and hiby method of accessing the files from the SSD installed into the Flow, the Android phone access the files, and does the convert to digital music (pcm or dsd) and then sends that info to the Flow, which does DAC + Amp duties to the headphone - correct?

4) Anyone know of an inexpensive and fully compatible andorid phone or tablet or other device - I'm a fruit phone and computer household, but I'd pick something up for this purpose.

Thanks all!

EDIT to tag @Currawong and @AnakChan, as I recall from reading that both of you had this unit at one point.  I am considering one.  My primary use will be transportable with the Cavalli Liquid Carbon and stand alone portably.  Posting or PM are both good ways to hit me back, should you have time.  Thank you!

Aug 3, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #206 of 237
@aamefford  As far as I know, ONLY the Samsung 2" mSATA drives work (and fit). I haven't looked at the latest prices, but they weren't as far as I know making a profit on the 1TB drive if you buy it included. 

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #207 of 237
Hmmm, I couldn't get my Wyrd to work with my Flow. I wonder if it has to do with my usb cables.... Are you using USB 2.0 across the chain?

Sep 24, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #208 of 237
  Hmmm, I couldn't get my Wyrd to work with my Flow. I wonder if it has to do with my usb cables.... Are you using USB 2.0 across the chain?

What setting have you got your Flow? You can switch USB 3.0, USB 2.0, iOS, Android. Presumably iOS & Android wouldn't drain the battery off the USB but just for data transport only. I don't really know how this Wyrd (or any USB cleaner) works for that matter.

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #209 of 237

What setting have you got your Flow? You can switch USB 3.0, USB 2.0, iOS, Android. Presumably iOS & Android wouldn't drain the battery off the USB but just for data transport only. I don't really know how this Wyrd (or any USB cleaner) works for that matter.

I thought I remember fiddling around with the USB 2.0 settings, as the Wyrd only supports USB 2.0 IIRC... Anyhoo, I'm selling it as I got the Hugo instead. Thanks!

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #210 of 237
Hello guys,

I think to buy Aurender FLOW for HD800.But,I don't know something about this setup.

Does/Did anybody use it? 

And can somebody tell experiments of them?

Users compare it with Chord Hugo.But I wanna know the experiments of users.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back