$100-200 portable amp for UE triple-fi's?
Jul 6, 2010 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

bridge8989

100+ Head-Fier
Now that the zune has a LOD ive decided to try out portable amps.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Im currently looking into building my own mini^3 which would cost ~$100 or just buying ibasso T3 or D4 if it's really worth it.  anyone have any experience with both the mini^3 and D4?

Thanks

Jul 6, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #2 of 18
Have you considered the Meier Headsix..?? You can get it shipped from Jan for $155USD anywhere in the world.

Jul 6, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 18
hmm that one looks good too.  any comparisons between these amps?  The search feature of this forum seems to suck.
Quote:
Have you considered the Meier Headsix..?? You can get it shipped from Jan for $155USD anywhere in the world.

Jul 7, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #5 of 18
Jul 7, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #6 of 18
I use an Mseed Spirit amp that works really well with my Trip10's (in custom molds). So far I've listened to two other flavor of the month amps, and while both are quite nice ( and much smaller) neither one made me want to give up the Spirit. The company is no longer around, so you'll have to look on the used market.

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #7 of 18
Jul 7, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 18
The iBasso T3D was made for IEMs, and has a really great bang for your buck. I loved using it during Can Jam, and the Digital volume control is extremely useful. The iBasso T3D really clears up the issues that the Triple.Fi has.

Many respected members (such as Shigzeo and Skylab) also like the iBasso T3D.

However, if you can swing it, I really liked the iBasso D4 and the TTVJ Slim.

Note: I don't own the iBasso T3D, but have used the iBasso T3D with the Triple.Fis.

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #9 of 18
Thanks. I noticed that they (iBasso.com) have been out of stock of the T3D for sometime and have only the T3. do you think it is worth waiting for more stock of the T3D or just grabbing the T3?

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #10 of 18
The only difference between the iBasso T3 and the iBasso T3D is that the iBasso T3D has a digital volume control. The iBasso T3 has an analogue volume control. Some people actually like analogue over digital. Both the T3 and T3D have extremely similar if not identical sound signatures.

It is a matter of preference.

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #11 of 18
Thanks for your help guys, I went ahead and got the iBasso T3.
cant wait
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #13 of 18
WooHoo! I recieved my iBasso T3 today!!
ksc75smile.gif

Unfortunetly I've torn my iPod LOD (Just yesterday running for the bloody 65 bus who drove off on me!! grr
mad.gif
)

So until I replace it I'm using the poor 3.5 interconnect cable that came with the T3. However even with this cable my SE530's are singing! The sound is much better than the FiiO E5 was (Even though the E5 had a high quality LOD!!)
I'm very happy and can't wait to try the T3 with a decent LOD.
Does anyone know if the SQ will change slightly on the T3 with some burn-in?

On another note the T3 is waaaaay smaller than I expected (kinda wanted to strap it to my iPod but its a little small for that
confused_face.gif
). Still a great sound from something so small (not much bigger than the FiiO E5)
¬ Also I thought it would have been nice if the little leather pouch it comes in had the iBasso logo on it, which it doesn't. But I'm just sad like that LOL!
tongue.gif

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #14 of 18
I just bought the ibassoT3 yesterday (no pouch with mine!?), using it with some ATH-ESW9 I bought yesterday. I am enjoying it too. Lets share some more impressions in a day or two.

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #15 of 18
Great idea!, couple of days to run them in. Hopefully I'll have a new iPod LOD by then too
tongue.gif

My package came in an iBasso box with a Black leather pouch / 3.5mm - 3.5mm connecting cable / Warranty card and of course the T3.
Here is a picture of what I got just out of the box:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back