「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 10, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #176,371 of 177,744
I'm not a fan of the CG :-/ In certain shows (I just completed Ingress which was all CG and enjoyed it), but I don't like moe cg, their stiff necks and movement are really distracting for me.

Well, CG is pretty much impossible to not have in anime these days. It's just a matter of how well it's hidden.

--------------------

Recently started dabbing with Honkai Impact a bit. Fun style and I can turn off my brain once in a while, but I probably won't play it too much in public while waiting for public transit, so it might not get much play time in the long run.

Jan 10, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #176,372 of 177,744
Well, CG is pretty much impossible to not have in anime these days. It's just a matter of how well it's hidden.

--------------------

Recently started dabbing with Honkai Impact a bit. Fun style and I can turn off my brain once in a while, but I probably won't play it too much in public while waiting for public transit, so it might not get much play time in the long run.

Indeed it's all about how you use it. That's why I mentioned a CG show I did enjoy, I just don't want mah moe girls being cg during slice of life scenes :confounded:

Jan 10, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #176,373 of 177,744
same here, I'm not anti CG, I just happen to think that it's often done badly enough to lower the quality of the anime. I was 100% anti CG before Karas. that's when I first though "oh ok, it's not flawlessly integrated but it gives it's own style to the cinematic". that and my love toward the music during fights and other intense moments. speaking of that music, I watched Shingeki no bahamut: virgin soul not long ago, and I was ready to drop it when came some action scene in the first episode, and the music had me instantly remember Karas. I was like "it must be the same Ike something who composed the soundtrack, that's just too similar in style". and for once I happened to be correct. which pretty much counts as half the reason why I kept watching ^_^.

anybody reading Solo leveling? I'm rarely attracted to Korean stuff, but this one really works for me despite being a patchwork of stuff we've all seen a billion times. I wouldn't put it as high as "The breaker", but I'm like a junky waiting for new chapters. with that said, I anticipate that it will turn to crap pretty soon, like Bleach and many others where the characters become OP too fast. but so far it's been cray cray and part of the troubles he gets in come from the set up(no spoiler), so it's more believable than the weird successions of incredible events we often get in adventure/action stories. /me likes.
also I registered on mangadex in October and I've already got myself a list of 600+ titles just by checking the updates... many are completed stuff I've read in the past, or stuff I noted as dropped to avoid being tempted to look into it again. but still, I wouldn't have guessed that I was such a nolife if I couldn't see the numbers.
luckily I keep spending all my free time caring about stuff that can't ever serve any purpose IRL. imagine how dangerous it would be if I was that passionate about something that could contribute to society!!!! scary thought. :ghost:

Jan 11, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #176,374 of 177,744
giphy.gif

Jan 11, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #176,375 of 177,744
Yeah some single-episode arcs weren't as good, but bi-episode arcs were generally nice.
Personally I didn't mind the lack of focus on main characters, one of my favourite arc is the pumpkin one where they were pretty much irrelevant poi. Buf of cuz the last arc was best.

wot thats like IKEA level pricing poi
I actually prefer without armrest. Currently sitting an armless Embody at home, love the freedom or lack of blockage.

wow Bang Dream S2 is much better than expected, I actually like the CG poi
Roselia is dope

Using an IKEA MARKUS chair at the moment, might upgrade one day. The high headrest is detrimental to listening to speakers but so damn comfortable.

How are the seat cushions on the higher end one? Mine is kinda caved in after a few years.

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #176,377 of 177,744
I'm not a fan of the CG :-/ In certain shows (I just completed Ingress which was all CG and enjoyed it), but I don't like moe cg, their stiff necks and movement are really distracting for me.
I didn't like Polygon Pictures CG stuffs, motion smoothness was real problem there. But Sanzigen CG works for me, loved Arpeggio too :D
And consider that Bang Dream S1 had kinda bad production quality, S2 CG is definitely much better imo. And that Roselia performance is just awesome.
I enjoyed Ingress too, didn't bothered by the CG at all.

Using an IKEA MARKUS chair at the moment, might upgrade one day. The high headrest is detrimental to listening to speakers but so damn comfortable.

How are the seat cushions on the higher end one? Mine is kinda caved in after a few years.
My 1yr+ Embody caved in too.
Had a full mesh chair (Torch Iris) for 3yrs+ before Embody, that one never caved. I guess Aeron would not too.

Jan 12, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #176,379 of 177,744
Jan 13, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #176,380 of 177,744

OG Galaxy S3 still holding up today.

With all the money companies spend on "premium" build quality these days, new flagship phones must last longer than those archaic phones from a few years back, right? ...right?

:p

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #176,381 of 177,744
Jan 16, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #176,382 of 177,744
"secret" Santa.
clearly, Santa's database has been hacked!

Jan 16, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #176,384 of 177,744

Attachments

• IMG_20190116_153631.jpg
    IMG_20190116_153631.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190116_153631.jpg
    IMG_20190116_153631.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190116_153910.jpg
    IMG_20190116_153910.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #176,385 of 177,744
@Tom Yum Goong

Thanks Secret Santa!

(>;w; )>

obj13blabma21.jpg

Couldn't really decided on anything so I contacted this very well stocked looking weeb store aaaaand it looks like you found soemthing you want :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back