「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 27, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #176,341 of 177,742
That is a good deal!

The RX570 has been quite good value recently, it's just a shame that going any faster starts to tank the performance per dollar, but I guess we have AMD to thank for that with no competition at the high end...

Although I would love an RTX card for 3D rendering (the performance value is insane for raytracing tasks, even in the most unoptimal state), I'll wait until I getting a platform upgrade in a year or two. My cpu is really holding me back, and the market is going in the direction that really benefits my tasks, but it hasn't reached there yet. Hopefully by then, the high end graphics card market is a bit more favorable too.

Upgrading cpu means new motherboard and ram, so not too thrilled with potential cost. :/

Hmm got a few Logitech G102 mice for the garage, at $20 a pop why the hell not. Apparently the sensor is indistinguishable from the current top of the line, not that it'll matter for my intense Civilisation plays...I just hope it works okay with printed mousepads. (oppai pads)
$3 for 30g of thermal paste (Halnziye HY880), my 10 year old tube of Arctic Silver 5 is almost gone. I'm gonna do an experiment to see what the improvement is.

Ordered some new helping hands, the real deal is like $80 (made by GRS) so I wonder how these $20 clones will fare, they're made for jewelcrafters so hope it's decent enough quality.

Hope those serve you well.

My pops needed my soldering kit so I think I'll just let him keep it. It's cheap but it is handy to keep in his garage. Didn't feel like buying a new one as there's no real need to spend the money. I did get a tall keyboard with hotswap sockets on the PCB as my full size keyboard causes a lot of posture issues when paired with an old wacom tab. Wanted to get a 75% but couldn't find any that I like. I think I'll also be getting a smaller graphics tablet too, so I can have my arms next to each other rather than one on front of my chest, and the other reaching further forward for my keyboard.

------------------

Got up a bit earlier than usual so decided to build this.

image.jpeg

Yay~

(Sazabi is still better)

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #176,342 of 177,742
Ordered some new helping hands, the real deal is like $80 (made by GRS) so I wonder how these $20 clones will fare, they're made for jewelcrafters so hope it's decent enough quality.

Those look nice, I bought a "fancy" helping hands a few years ago with 4 arms but they don't adjust as easily as I was hoping :-/

Got up a bit earlier than usual so decided to build this.

Yay~

(Sazabi is still better)

That's kawaii.

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #176,344 of 177,742
That's probably the reason I like this version of the Sinanju the most. >.<

See, nothing about these gunpla to be scared of! :p

I'm scared because I never finish things like that. Get started then lose interest or get discouraged because it's not 110% perfect and my OCD triggers :p

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #176,345 of 177,742
I'm scared because I never finish things like that. Get started then lose interest or get discouraged because it's not 110% perfect and my OCD triggers :p

Nah, you're just overthinking it.

*slowly looks towards boxes of unfinished/unopened gunpla in corner that has been sitting there for months due to lost of interest/busy life...*

...yeah, definitely just overthinking it. :p

--------------------

I need. U all need too.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #176,346 of 177,742
Any of you want a code for FIFA 19 on Origins?

Got a bunch of codes from EA yesterday that I've been giving out to friends. This is the last one that hasn't found an owner yet. PM if interested...

Dec 6, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #176,347 of 177,742
You've saved 100% by not buying anything. :) I bought boring life stuffs, nothing anime-related. I did recently make the full switch to VRV from separate Crunchyroll and HIDIVE subscriptions, so maybe that counts?

Nice. Still useless for me bcos licensing.

What's said weeb stuff and video card? :D

-------

As I went hunting for Secret Santa gifts today...couldn't help but pick up an SD Sinanju kit.

Was looking for one locally for a long time, as I couldn't justify the online shipping price for getting just this one kit.

Never quite liked Sinanju's design for the other grades, but really wanted the SD one for some reason.

Talking to the poor owner of the shop, it seems due to recent strikes with Canada Post, a bunch of his packages are on the other side of the country on hold, and he desperately needs them to be on the shelves by Christmas. :/

That's rough. What's the reason for this time's strike?

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #176,348 of 177,742
Nice. Still useless for me bcos licensing.

That's rough. What's the reason for this time's strike?
Never looked it so I'm not one to talk about it.

A package has been in the neighboring province for 6 days, unmoved. :/

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #176,350 of 177,742
Had a hailstorm earlier today, Supra took 10+ dents on the hood (not that fussed, Top Secret carbon fibre upgrade time?). 3 medium/large dents on the roof (maybe only $300-400 to fix, but I don't care tooo much).

Could have been a lot worse, just a few suburbs over people's windscreens got smashed with massive damage to car panels and there was damage to home roof tiles too.

Been playing Azur Lane lately, I'm surprised how fair it is for a free to play account, no ads too in game. It's a mobile gacha game done right so I might throw them a couple bucks to pay for my share of the server. =P

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #176,351 of 177,742
Had a hailstorm earlier today, Supra took 10+ dents on the hood (not that fussed, Top Secret carbon fibre upgrade time?). 3 medium/large dents on the roof (maybe only $300-400 to fix, but I don't care tooo much).

Could have been a lot worse, just a few suburbs over people's windscreens got smashed with massive damage to car panels and there was damage to home roof tiles too.

Been playing Azur Lane lately, I'm surprised how fair it is for a free to play account, no ads too in game. It's a mobile gacha game done right so I might throw them a couple bucks to pay for my share of the server. =P
Don’t say good things about that game and might suck me back in...

Glad that your car and yourself :p is safe from sky rocks

Dec 21, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #176,352 of 177,742
Officially finished all my housekeeping, bid farewell to my friends and family, and finally revamped my computer setup for the year.

I now have time to enjoy VR and get some personal projects done.

Dec 21, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #176,353 of 177,742

That sucks. :frowning2:

Welp, thankfully no major, major damage. It's still damage though.

-----------

So many interesting gacha games out there so I simply don't want to invest any time trying any of them. I'm sure I can enjoy them if I give them a chance but I'll just stick to following the art due to limited time.

Hard enough to remember checking in every day in LL SIF for the daily login awards with my schedule, so I doubt I'll get far with any new game I try.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #176,354 of 177,742
Merry Xmas poi :D

Another beautiful episode from Merc Storia. Sad that its gonna end next ep, such comfy and pretty show >.<
merc_ep11.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back