☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Apr 27, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #1,141 of 5,932

Do you think that the Liquid Carbon has adequate power to drive the LCD-3F to their full potential ?

What are the main differences between the LCD-3F and the Ether with the Liquid Carbon ?

Thanks!

The Carbon will drive the lCD3 easily. In my auditions with the amp it was driving the LCD X easily and sounded fantastic. This amp is a bargain price but anything else from bargain -it is reference quality and maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Apr 27, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #1,142 of 5,932
TEh Carbon will drive the lCD3 easily. In my auditions with the amp it was driving the LCD X easily and sounded fantastic. This amp is a bargain price but anything else form bargain it is reference quality and maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Hah! That's what Warren told me right before I groused about hating preorders, and then caved 10 minutes later and ordered one! LOL.

Apr 27, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #1,143 of 5,932
Hah! That's what Warren told me right before I groused about hating preorders, and then caved 10 minutes later and ordered one! LOL.

This is why I was willing to take a leap of faith on something I'd never heard solely based on Canjam reviews...  Totally out of character for me, ask my wife... 

But not about this particular purchase...

Apr 27, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #1,144 of 5,932

TEh Carbon will drive the lCD3 easily. In my auditions with the amp it was driving the LCD X easily and sounded fantastic. This amp is a bargain price but anything else form bargain it is reference quality and maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity.

You would have hated me four months from now if I didn't.  
redface.gif

Serenitty, I'm pretty controlled when it comes to audio purchases... but even I jumped in quickly on this one.  IMO, it's simply too good to pass up.

Apr 27, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #1,145 of 5,932

You would have hated me four months from now if I didn't.  
redface.gif

Serenitty, I'm pretty controlled when it comes to audio purchases... but even I jumped in quickly on this one.  IMO, it's simply too good to pass up.

Oh puuulleeaaasseeee, you salivate and jump up and down like a little kid at Xmas as much as I do

Hey guys, my balanced ALO Hifiman cable arrived today.
Stay tuned for my HE-400i impressions

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #1,150 of 5,932
  Perhaps we should install a countdown somewhere  - so we know how many days until delivery! 

L3000.gif

Thing is we only know it should be 4 months from preorder date, not like it's a definite time scale for delivery. Though I don't think Cavalli Audio delays that much (you know who Im referring to).

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #1,151 of 5,932
  I look forward to checking it out at the meet this weekend.  

For those of you who will be in SF this weekend for the meet please note.

The Carbon that will be there is, I believe, the one that Jude has reviewed. It is the very first pre-prototype unit that had the SMPS. Electrically it is the same as the current units that Arli is reviewing and that Dan Clark (Mr. Speakers) has.

However, this first unit has the original stacked 3.5mm jacks on the front and the lettering and graphics on the panels are not as sharp or refined as the current pieces.

To see what the current proto looks like (and something much closer to the production piece) please see the photos on the website.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #1,152 of 5,932
SE input to the RCA jacks gives balanced output.

Great! I am thinking of using the IDSD micro's rca lineout to fred the Liquid carbon, and then use the balanced headphone out. You reckon this dac is good enough?

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #1,153 of 5,932

The Carbon that will be there is, I believe, the one that Jude has reviewed. It is the very first pre-prototype unit that had the SMPS. Electrically it is the same as the current units that Arli is reviewing and that Dan Clark (Mr. Speakers) has.

However, this first unit has the original stacked 3.5mm jacks on the front and the lettering and graphics on the panels are not as sharp or refined as the current pieces.

To see what the current proto looks like (and something much closer to the production piece) please see the photos on the website.

In that first prototype in Jude's video, was that dual balanced 3.5mm or just two 3.5mm standard jacks?

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #1,154 of 5,932
It was just two standard 3.5mm jacks. One of them had series resistors as an experiment in noise reduction. But it turned out that this was not needed and that a 1/4" jack was more useful.

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #1,155 of 5,932

Will there be a Carbon at the upcoming NYC meet as well (didn't see Cavalli on the the vendor list)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back