☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Apr 25, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #1,112 of 5,932
In the final and simplest analysis, I go by what my friend @obobskivich once told me:  "if it sounds good, it is good."

Apr 25, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #1,114 of 5,932
Apr 25, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #1,115 of 5,932
  In the final and simplest analysis, I go by what my friend @obobskivich once told me:  "if it sounds good, it is good."

THIS!! It doesn't how many headphones I've heard and compared or how many reviews I've written or how many measurements that I've taken. My perfect is likely different from your perfect. My ears, age, hearing abilities are likely different than the next guys. If an o2 sounds are good as a Liquid Fire...you're a lucky guy, enjoy. 

Apr 25, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #1,116 of 5,932
Does anyone know whether balanced out can be used with a single-ended input, you know like the SR71B?

Cheers

Apr 25, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #1,118 of 5,932
You should be in for a treat then. For me the LCD-3F is the perfect Audeze (falls somewhere between the more "neutral" LCD-X and the more colored LCD-3C IMO) , but it sounds like you need some rest first before breaking out the big guns!

Well darko, when you're right you're right, the LCD-3F is sonically a nice update from the LCD-3C. Very nice bass and the mids are nicely open and detailed. Right now I'm ranking the headphones on the Ether as follows
Ether/LCD-3F (in a dog fight)
LCD-X
Paradox
Hifiman HE-400i
AKG K712

Should be interesting once I get my balanced cable for the HE-400i in from ALO. Then I can do some real A/Bing ont he differences

Apr 25, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #1,119 of 5,932
It's a shame HD800 is not included in your review materials. :flushed:

Apr 25, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #1,120 of 5,932

It's a common enough headphone, I'm sure we'll be reading feedback on it before too long.

Apr 25, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #1,121 of 5,932

I'm sorry bud, I had a friend message me and offer his HD800 for comparison but I had to decline. I'm already swamped with all these headphones and I only have so much time with everything

Apr 25, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #1,122 of 5,932
Well darko, when you're right you're right, the LCD-3F is sonically a nice update from the LCD-3C. Very nice bass and the mids are nicely open and detailed. Right now I'm ranking the headphones on the Ether as follows
Ether/LCD-3F (in a dog fight)
LCD-X
Paradox
Hifiman HE-400i
AKG K712

Should be interesting once I get my balanced cable for the HE-400i in from ALO. Then I can do some real A/Bing ont he differences

Were your LCD-3F's already broken in or are they brand new? I noticed improvements after a few hours of use, they seem much more euphonic to me now compared to when I first got them.

Apr 26, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #1,123 of 5,932
  THIS!! It doesn't how many headphones I've heard and compared or how many reviews I've written or how many measurements that I've taken. My perfect is likely different from your perfect. My ears, age, hearing abilities are likely different than the next guys. If an o2 sounds are good as a Liquid Fire...you're a lucky guy, enjoy. 

There's many ways to skin a  cat. Some prefer to add pleasant distortion/overtones to the source (tube dac or tube preamp)  and have solid state amplification. Amplifiers can be cool/neutral/warm depending on design.

Having a 9018 sabre dac will very likely be highly detailed and far from being laid back. However running that through a tube system you may have a great musical machine or if your solid state amp is on the warm side.

Running my burson da160 dac and tube buffer with black treasure tubes manipulates the source to a very organic analog sound that is extremely natural. Using my 02 amp and swapping to my Burson Virtuoso I'll have to say the manipulated source provides excellent enjoyable music. i was quite shocked how both were extremely enjoyable with similar sound.

Running my spacetech labs tube dac I can roll a huge amount of different buffer tubes and whatever amp I use with my hd800's the sound is extremely analog.

If we were discussing tube amplifiers this is where the difference in power tubes can be a drastic SQ change. This is where "house sound" is not really something recongnizable if your talking tube amps.  Solid state amps theres definitely a difference but no where near as drastic imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back