“Beats by Dr. Dre”
Jul 29, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #167 of 634
I wonder if the blaring volume was to cover up the constant active noise-cancellation whine that was spoken on in the review earlier in this thread.

Jul 30, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #169 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by hauntingtheholy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow that SUCKS. LOL

confused_face_2.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #170 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if the blaring volume was to cover up the constant active noise-cancellation whine that was spoken on in the review earlier in this thread.

Between songs it was silent. No whine at all, and the noise in BestBuy was almost gone. I could hardly hear my friend yelling to me, right next to me.
So, i dont think thats why they were loud at all.
Theyre not junk. Theyre just expensive and theyre marketed as if theyre junk.

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #171 of 634
They're now up to 8 reviews at the official Apple Store Website.

There's still the first review(which was shared here earlier) but I'll share a few more.

Quote:

Beyond Anything I've Listened Through So Far!!!Written by GM from Laurinburg

Jul 24, 2008
I put these on and turned on my new Nas playlist in iTunes and listened to his new album. I was blown away! It sounded so different. So much better than it did coming out off the Bose system in my SUV. I couldn't believe it. I thought that my Bose system was the ish These things bring music to life. I hate to sound like a commercial so I won't go any further. Just listen for yourself!

Quote:

Best Headphones outWritten by JG from Escondido

Jul 25, 2008
To be honest, these are the best headphones ever. They are better than Bose Headphones, but Bose Headphones are still good. I would recommend anyone who loves music to buy these. These Headphones are worth every dollar.

Quote:

AMAZING!!Written by RE from VALENCIA

Jul 25, 2008
I dont know who this Dr Dre guy is, but these things sound amazing! I have never heard anything like these before.. I assumed my Bose headphones were a standout from the norm...THESE babies are worth every penny... id pay up to 500 personally... great buy!! im happy

LOL! Probably from the target audience: current Bose users who think Bose is the absolute best on the market.

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #173 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I take it you were referring to my impressions of The Beats. As I said in that post, the self-noise from the noise-canceling circuitry is actually pretty quiet for an active noise-canceling headphone, so certainly could not be described as a "whine" at all.

The circuitry self-noise is very audible to me when I'm listening in a quiet environment, but even a little ambient noise will override it. I don't think most non-Head-Fi'ers will notice it.

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #174 of 634
Hey Jude,

I currently use a pair of Audio Technica Quiet Point active-NC earbuds. These are basically my set for when I know I will either be very active or very drunk since they are truly built like a tank. The SQ is ok on them, the bass has a fun boomy oomph which really kicks off with the active-NC circuitry turned on. They work with the active-NC off as well.

Long questions short, have you tried the Audio Technicas? How does the Beats compare? Let me know, thanks!

Jul 30, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #175 of 634
interesting to watch these fail epically due to bad marketing and not knowing their target audience, or what/if they are willing to spend on HP's.

Jul 30, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #176 of 634
dunno about u guys, but i can see these as the BOSE-crushers! (sounds like a cooler name to give them rather than the beats, lol)

Jul 31, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #177 of 634
Jude,

I was wondering if you might have experienced something that I have with the Beats. I agree with you that the bass response is more balanced than I would have guessed given the kind of music that the marketing seems to indicate that their use would be perfect for. However, there is something I have noticed with these that I haven't come across with other full size cans.

Rather than taint your thoughts by spelling out what I have encountered, I'd like to see if anything jumps out out you under the following conditions:

- You could use an amp, but I have found the result to be the case even from a straight connection to my iPhone 3G or iPod Classic.

- Volume at ~80%+ on the iPhone, ~50%+ on the iPod Classic

- It is the most noticeable with certain kinds of bass heavy tracks, such as:
Rihanna: "Pon De Replay"
The *****cat Dolls: "Buttons"
Flo Rida: "Low"
Destiny's Child: "Lose My Breath"
50 Cent: "In Da Club"
Ching: "Right Thurr"
Beyonce: "Naughty Girl", "Irreplaceable"
Christina Milian: "Dip It Low"
Ciara: "Goodies"
Black Eyed Peas: "My Humps"
Lil Wayne: "Lollipop"
Akon: "Smack That"

So, anything noteworthy about the bass response from the Beats under the above conditions? And please, no comments from the peanut gallery about the tracks listed above.
biggrin.gif

Jeff

Jul 31, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #179 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by rgbyhkr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jude,

I was wondering if you might have experienced something that I have with the Beats. I agree with you that the bass response is more balanced than I would have guessed given the kind of music that the marketing seems to indicate that their use would be perfect for. However, there is something I have noticed with these that I haven't come across with other full size cans.

Rather than taint your thoughts by spelling out what I have encountered, I'd like to see if anything jumps out out you under the following conditions:

- You could use an amp, but I have found the result to be the case even from a straight connection to my iPhone 3G or iPod Classic.

- Volume at ~80%+ on the iPhone, ~50%+ on the iPod Classic

- It is the most noticeable with certain kinds of bass heavy tracks, such as:
Rihanna: "Pon De Replay"
The *****cat Dolls: "Buttons"
Flo Rida: "Low"
Destiny's Child: "Lose My Breath"
50 Cent: "In Da Club"
Ching: "Right Thurr"
Beyonce: "Naughty Girl", "Irreplaceable"
Christina Milian: "Dip It Low"
Ciara: "Goodies"
Black Eyed Peas: "My Humps"
Lil Wayne: "Lollipop"
Akon: "Smack That"

So, anything noteworthy about the bass response from the Beats under the above conditions? And please, no comments from the peanut gallery about the tracks listed above.
biggrin.gif

Jeff

popcorn.gif
lol

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #180 of 634
Let the mania begin. I can not find the clip right now, but this morning there was an ESPN interview with LeBron James and he was donning a pair of Beats.

LeBron and Dre, that's a knockout blow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back