“Beats by Dr. Dre”
Jul 26, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #136 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by centerfold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many normal average people can afford these?

I couldn't afford these. Well, right now I'm a broke college student, but if I did have the money, there's no way I'd spend $350 on these.

I'd look at Sennheisers or Beyers. Better headphones for less than the price of these Bose-like cans.

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #137 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by centerfold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many normal average people can afford these?

No need to stereotype and assume that people who listen to dre don't have money to spend.

Good point, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be Dre-ist.

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #138 of 634
i'm a very big fan of dre. If the only way to get his new album right now was to get these headphones i would do it. I would prolly give the headphones to a friend or sell em on ebay but i've been waiting for his next album and the headphones are a huge disappointment to me because he is a perfectionist when he creates his music

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #139 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ris84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm a very big fan of dre. If the only way to get his new album right now was to get these headphones i would do it. I would prolly give the headphones to a friend or sell em on ebay but i've been waiting for his next album and the headphones are a huge disappointment to me because he is a perfectionist when he creates his music

Have you even listened through the headphones yourself yet?

Jul 27, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #140 of 634
I think people need to tone down the Dre-ism in this thread; i.e. Dre-ism: a mild form of racism expressed vicariously through chastising hip-hop artists. The promotion scheme is no different than endorsements made by artist such as Eddie Bauer, U2, and even Alessandro to move merchandise. To insinuate that the hip-hop market is destitute is just plain ignorant and short-sighted. Therefore, no good reason to rebuke this headphone exists until it is actually auditioned.

Jul 27, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #141 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you even listened through the headphones yourself yet?

read back a little i went to apple store in nyc and listened 2 em

Jul 27, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #142 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ris84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
read back a little i went to apple store in nyc and listened 2 em

kk, I was just confused by your post.
wink.gif

Jul 28, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #143 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think people need to tone down the Dre-ism in this thread; i.e. Dre-ism: a mild form of racism expressed vicariously through chastising hip-hop artists. The promotion scheme is no different than endorsements made by artist such as Eddie Bauer, U2, and even Alessandro to move merchandise. To insinuate that the hip-hop market is destitute is just plain ignorant and short-sighted. Therefore, no good reason to rebuke this headphone exists until it is actually auditioned.

haha too late, I already coined the term a few posts before you! Dre-ism is making fun of Dre fans. But I am one, so don't you use it. That's our word. PS Im not racist. And I'm not saying the headphones sound good, I'm just speculating that they won't sell.

Jul 28, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #144 of 634
Best Buy prolly won't have these headphones for demo since Bose is probably paying a good chunk of change just to have them demoed in their little headphone area. My brother and I went to Best Buy to check these out but we saw a few of them locked up with no price tag yet.
Maybe when I'm near an Apple Store I'll check them out.

Jul 28, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #145 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best Buy prolly won't have these headphones for demo since Bose is probably paying a good chunk of change just to have them demoed in their little headphone area. My brother and I went to Best Buy to check these out but we saw a few of them locked up with no price tag yet.
Maybe when I'm near an Apple Store I'll check them out.

I live in the Bay Area as well, I don't think any Apple Store will allow customers to try them.

Jul 28, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #146 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by m11a1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in the Bay Area as well, I don't think any Apple Store will allow customers to try them.

what you mean no apple store will allow customers to try them? In nyc they out on display but it is like the biggest apple store i think. Anyway i wrote a bad review for them on the apple store but i have this gut feeling the review won't even appear.

Jul 28, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #148 of 634
If they were sold for $199 or even $250, they would sell well...but at $350, i dont know.

They didnt distort at all, even though they were super loud, and seemed balanced for the volume, not bloated ,boomy, or siblant......but again, they were just too loud and i couldnt disconnect them from their source to hear them on my own.
They felt good, look well constructed, so who knows, maybe theyll be in every home in the world by next year, ya just never know.

Jul 28, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #149 of 634
I'm really surprised by this thread. I've read through this entire thread and after 15 pages of posts, only 3 or 4 people have actually heard them and yet besides them, all the other posts have been negative. There's a feeling of covert racism in this thread as people are automatically dismissing these headphones just because of their association with Dr. Dre or hip-hop in general. It seems that if these were branded AKG or Sennheiser without the Dre endorsement people's reactions would be the complete opposite.

I'm not a hardcore audiophile like other members, although I do have a nice setup and have owned various headphones across the price spectrum (HD650, 701, Grado RS1, HF-1, Shures, Utimate Ears, Beyers, Audio-Technica) and I'm always open to trying new stuff. I think that Dre is one of the best producers out there and he doesn't seem like the shilling type who puts his name on various products, like clothes or energy drinks, for a quick buck. He hasn't really been in the news for the past few years, and if you wanted a hot producer to sell your products, someone like Timberland would probably be better as he's been everywhere the past 2 or 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back