“Beats by Dr. Dre”
Jul 22, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 634



[size=xx-small]Click on the above photo to see a larger version.[/size]



[size=xx-small]Click on the above photo to see a larger version.[/size]



[size=xx-small]Click on the above photo to see a larger version.

The complete set of these photos can be found by clicking here.
[/size]


Yup, I've listened to it, and I'll say more about The Beats later (I'm at work now).
 
Jul 22, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 634

G-man

Formerly known as gautam
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Posts
1,830
Likes
11
they are not out yet... but they are "comparable to BOSE". What?!?! is that meant to be a compliemant. no odubt they will be good, but only $50 or at the most $100 good. with overpowering bass (cos we all are wanabe gangsta with no idea of originality) that muddle out everything.
 
Jul 22, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 634

G-man

Formerly known as gautam
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Posts
1,830
Likes
11
hld up... HOW did you listen to them... you just blew my whole post away....
frown.gif
 
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #5 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hld up... HOW did you listen to them... you just blew my whole post away....
frown.gif



gautam, I've had a pre-production unit here for a while, and was helping Monster Cable evaluate The Beats by providing my opinions of it (for whatever that was worth to them)

I'll post more photos shortly.
 
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #7 of 634

KromaXamorK

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 6, 2007
Posts
223
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gautam, I've had a pre-production unit here for a while, and was helping Monster Cable evaluate The Beats by providing my opinions of it (for whatever that was worth to them)

I'll post more photos shortly.



So this is a pre-release since January???
I remember a release's date for June.
 
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #8 of 634

G-man

Formerly known as gautam
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Posts
1,830
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by KromaXamorK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So this is a pre-release since January???
I remember a release's date for June.



they are out on the 25th (3 days from now)
 
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #9 of 634
Quote:

Originally Posted by KromaXamorK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So this is a pre-release since January???
I remember a release's date for June.



If I read the press release in this thread's first post, The Beats may be available in stores as early as July 25, 2008.
 
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #10 of 634
I added more photos (and links to more photos) above in Post #2.

If you click on the photos in that post (which will display larger versions of them), you can see that the fit-and-finish of The Beats pre-production unit I have is quite good.

Again, I'll say more about my experiences with The Beats later.
 
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #11 of 634

G-man

Formerly known as gautam
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Posts
1,830
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I added more photos (and links to more photos) above in Post #2.

If you click on the photos in that post (which will display larger versions of them), you can see that the fit-and-finish of The Beats pre-production unit I have is quite good.

Again, I'll say more about my experiences with The Beats later.



thanks.

EDIT: indeed, the finish is very nice. why the battery?
 
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #12 of 634

kejar31

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 16, 2007
Posts
1,234
Likes
104
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks.

EDIT: indeed, the finish is very nice. why the battery?



If you read the box, it says that the headphones use a powered isolation technology.
 
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #13 of 634

G-man

Formerly known as gautam
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Posts
1,830
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you read the box, it says that the headphones use a powered isolation technology.


lol, sos. wonder what that means. ill check out the website.
 
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #14 of 634

richierich

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Posts
717
Likes
35
Location
San Francisco
look durable, but that's probably due to it being a pre-production/review model
wink.gif
j/k. Monster branded? Man that means it will be jacked up in price somewhat.
 
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #15 of 634

Bonthouse

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Posts
1,366
Likes
11
Quote:

lol, sos. wonder what that means. ill check out the website.


How about active noise canceling
wink.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top