The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 31, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #4,111 of 4,701
So, hear you go! .....The best of the best (personally saying)! These are really, REALLY GOOD!!! The ISK MDH9000.

I've compared them to several headphones.....the Pro 80, ISK HP2011, ISK HD9999, and ISK HF2010.

PRO 80 vs. ISK MDH9000

Even though the Pro 80's are probably the best looking headphone out of the bunch it falls short to the extreme sound signature the MDH9000's provide.

BASS: The MDH9000 digs deeper....way deeper! Though the bass on both sounds exactly the same in quality, the bass quantity goes way deeper on the MDH9000, which naturally makes you fall in love with true heard and felt bass for any bass lover.
MIDS: Midrange is better, clearer and livelier with the MDH9000, no doubt about it! The Pro 80 just seems to fall a step behind every time.
TREBLE: Again, the MDH9000 just outperforms the Pro 80's. Details can be heard with great enjoyment without ever feeling that they're going to sound metallic, or artificial to the ear as sometimes the Pro 80's seems to do in certain songs, depending on the genre.

SOUNDSTAGE: Soundstage is just BIGGER and GREATER in every way possible! Because of this, the MDH9000 seems to cover more in overall details from the lowest bass tone to the highest chime in every song.

ISK HP2011 vs. ISK MDH9000

These two headphones have more to offer than any of the other headphones when it comes to quality of SOUND.

BASS: The MDH9000 digs deep, but the HP2011 is very precise for monitoring purposes with quick punch and details. For monitoring, the HP2011 wins, but for DJ use, the MDH9000 wins.
MIDS: There is a sense of realistic vocals and lively presence when it comes to hearing the HP2011, but there's almost as much fun and enjoyment with the MDH9000's signature!
TREBLE: Though both have great treble presence, you can actually pick-up better hi-end details with the HP2011's, where the MDH9000's just might roll-off at certain songs or genres at their very peak.

SOUNDSTAGE: Soundstage is great on both headphones! But, for the purpose served......soundstage for DJ purposes goes to the MDH9000, while soundstage for monitoring purposes goes great with the HP2011.

ISK HD9999 vs. ISK MDH9000

These two headphones have a lot to offer the consumer for their price, and even though their flagship model happens to be the HD9999, the MDH9000 could really be some of the best DJ headphones out there to be had!

BASS: The bass of the HD9999 hits a little deeper with quick response, while the MDH9000 can hit almost as deep, but with more quantity. HD9999 focuses more on sub-bass, while the MDH9000 covers a broader range.
MIDS: To my ears, the HD9999 can be a little bright at times, which for some may make them more enjoyable, or for others, it may not. The MDH9000, in the other hand, sounds more balanced to their overall signature, which for many may be the better answer to longer listening sessions.
TREBLE: Even though the Hd9999 might sound livelier because of their brightness, details are better displayed with the MDH9000’s sounding precise and not splashy as the HD9999 might sound like, at times.

SOUNDSTAGE: Soundstage is similar and is great on both! They are both incredibly fun headphones and many here can appreciate either of them depending on what you’re buying them for. It’s only a matter of preference.

ISK HF2010 vs. ISK MDH9000

These two headphones have more similarities than what they have differences. The only edge the MDH9000 has over the HF2010 is extension on both ends. But, the HF2010 seems to naturally get the job done by providing an accurate sound signature for monitoring purposes.

BASS: Bass on the MDH9000 hits deeper, while on the HF2010 hits fast. Both can be said to have great bass emphasis to its signature.
MIDS: Both have more similarities than differences on both vocals and instruments, though the MDH9000 seems to pull ahead due to its extension and broader range. But, the HF2010 is NO SLACKER and does a marvelous job as well.
TREBLE: They both have great details only to have little differences where the MDH9000 sounds a tad crispier and the HF2010 sounds a little smoother and sweeter.

SOUNDSTAGE: The soundstage on the MDH9000 is a little BIGGER due to its extension and range. But still, the HF2010 can still separate and provide great imaging for monitoring purposes and will justify every time at no expense.

Here are some pics of the ISK MDH9000. Enjoy!

Note: The thinner looking pads, which comes from the HD9999 packaging are also interchangable with the MDH9000 as well!

Hope everyone here enjoyed the small, but lengthy review! 
o2smile.gif
 -1clearhead

Mar 31, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #4,113 of 4,701

MDH 9000 looks like the new stars on the block. Pads resemble Brainwavz memory foam. Speaking of... just got mine an hour ago and this happened while carefully trying to fit them on the Pro 80... durable and long lasting... 

I've gone through 3 pairs and this has never happened to me.

So, hear you go! .....The best of the best (personally saying)! These are really, REALLY GOOD!!! The ISK MDH9000.

I've compared them to several headphones.....the Pro 80, ISK HP2011, ISK HD9999, and ISK HF2010.

PRO 80 vs. ISK MDH9000

Even though the Pro 80's are probably the best looking headphone out of the bunch it falls short to the extreme sound signature the MDH9000's provide.

BASS: The MDH9000 digs deeper....way deeper! Though the bass on both sounds exactly the same in quality, the bass quantity goes way deeper on the MDH9000, which naturally makes you fall in love with true heard and felt bass for any bass lover.
MIDS: Midrange is better, clearer and livelier with the MDH9000, no doubt about it! The Pro 80 just seems to fall a step behind every time.
TREBLE: Again, the MDH9000 just outperforms the Pro 80's. Details can be heard with great enjoyment without ever feeling that they're going to sound metallic, or artificial to the ear as sometimes the Pro 80's seems to do in certain songs, depending on the genre.

SOUNDSTAGE: Soundstage is just BIGGER and GREATER in every way possible! Because of this, the MDH9000 seems to cover more in overall details from the lowest bass tone to the highest chime in every song.

ISK HP2011 vs. ISK MDH9000

These two headphones have more to offer than any of the other headphones when it comes to quality of SOUND.

BASS: The MDH9000 digs deep, but the HP2011 is very precise for monitoring purposes with quick punch and details. For monitoring, the HP2011 wins, but for DJ use, the MDH9000 wins.
MIDS: There is a sense of realistic vocals and lively presence when it comes to hearing the HP2011, but there's almost as much fun and enjoyment with the MDH9000's signature!
TREBLE: Though both have great treble presence, you can actually pick-up better hi-end details with the HP2011's, where the MDH9000's just might roll-off at certain songs or genres at their very peak.

SOUNDSTAGE: Soundstage is great on both headphones! But, for the purpose served......soundstage for DJ purposes goes to the MDH9000, while soundstage for monitoring purposes goes great with the HP2011.

ISK HD9999 vs. ISK MDH9000

These two headphones have a lot to offer the consumer for their price, and even though their flagship model happens to be the HD9999, the MDH9000 could really be some of the best DJ headphones out there to be had!

BASS: The bass of the HD9999 hits a little deeper with quick response, while the MDH9000 can hit almost as deep, but with more quantity. HD9999 focuses more on sub-bass, while the MDH9000 covers a broader range.
MIDS: To my ears, the HD9999 can be a little bright at times, which for some may make them more enjoyable, or for others, it may not. The MDH9000, in the other hand, sounds more balanced to their overall signature, which for many may be the better answer to longer listening sessions.
TREBLE: Even though the Hd9999 might sound livelier because of their brightness, details are better displayed with the MDH9000’s sounding precise and not splashy as the HD9999 might sound like, at times.

SOUNDSTAGE: Soundstage is similar and is great on both! They are both incredibly fun headphones and many here can appreciate either of them depending on what you’re buying them for. It’s only a matter of preference.

ISK HF2010 vs. ISK MDH9000

These two headphones have more similarities than what they have differences. The only edge the MDH9000 has over the HF2010 is extension on both ends. But, the HF2010 seems to naturally get the job done by providing an accurate sound signature for monitoring purposes.

BASS: Bass on the MDH9000 hits deeper, while on the HF2010 hits fast. Both can be said to have great bass emphasis to its signature.
MIDS: Both have more similarities than differences on both vocals and instruments, though the MDH9000 seems to pull ahead due to its extension and broader range. But, the HF2010 is NO SLACKER and does a marvelous job as well.
TREBLE: They both have great details only to have little differences where the MDH9000 sounds a tad crispier and the HF2010 sounds a little smoother and sweeter.

SOUNDSTAGE: The soundstage on the MDH9000 is a little BIGGER due to its extension and range. But still, the HF2010 can still separate and provide great imaging for monitoring purposes and will justify every time at no expense.

Here are some pics of the ISK MDH9000. Enjoy!

Note: The thinner looking pads, which comes from the HD9999 packaging are also interchangable with the MDH9000 as well!

Hope everyone here enjoyed the small, but lengthy review! 
o2smile.gif
 -1clearhead

Thanks for the comparison, it's very helpful. Looking at the cable it's the exact same proprietary cable that the M50x uses, which leads me to believe that these are supposed to be a M50x clone, but I bet they sound better as the M50x is average at best; it can't even compare to the Pro 80.

Mar 31, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #4,115 of 4,701

Thanks for the help 1clearhead!!! I'll look into those and damn, those prices are attractive. HP9000 is looking awesome by the way but ISK 2011 is constantly on the back of my mind. How would you say the ISK 2011 compare to Superlux 668b if you've ever tried the latter?

Mar 31, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #4,116 of 4,701
Thanks for the help 1clearhead!!! I'll look into those and damn, those prices are attractive. HP9000 is looking awesome by the way but ISK 2011 is constantly on the back of my mind. How would you say the ISK 2011 compare to Superlux 668b if you've ever tried the later?

Actually, I used to own a pair and sold them less than a year ago. They were good at the time, but I couldn't shake the fealing of hearing some artificial, or metallic signature, time and time again. My thoughts were at the time that the plastic, or cheaply made housing had a lot to do with it. HP2011, does not have that same sound or feal to them and I'm able to hear more instruments within each song, realistic-like breathing, and better soundstage separation and imaging than I ever did with the HD668B.

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #4,117 of 4,701
  Thanks for the comparison, it's very helpful. Looking at the cable it's the exact same proprietary cable that the M50x uses, which leads me to believe that these are supposed to be a M50x clone, but I bet they sound better as the M50x is average at best; it can't even compare to the Pro 80.

True, even at a blinds test I would have picked the Pro 80 over the M50x. I also felt that the Pro 80's were that much more comfortable even at longer sessions as well.

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #4,119 of 4,701
How do the hp9000's go comfort wise, particularly compared to the pro 80's? How is the clamp pressure?

They both can be comfortable in their own way. I like how the Pro 80 (and similar housings like the HP2011) sits over my ears with soft pressure never having the over-head band squeeze the top of my head. While the MDH9000 looks just as tough, but yet feel a bit lighter with its soft ear cushions and flexible head band that ironically sits just as soft on my ears as well as on my head. The MDH9000 are also more lighter and comfortable than the M50x, which I feel are heavier and less comfortable to me. 

Apr 2, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #4,120 of 4,701
As promised I made a little comparison between Takstar Pro 80 and Kingston HyperX Cloud. Not sure how relevant it is nowadays but nevertheless it's my first true contribution to this forum. Let me know what you think.

Comparison: Takstar Pro 80 vs Kingson HyperX Cloud
Note: I assume that people are familiar with the Takstars. This comparison is between a 2 weeks old pair of Pro 80 and 2 days old pair of Clouds. I am fully aware that some differences in sound may occur due to a lower hours of burn-in for Clouds. Take this into consideration. Some categories may be part of a larger general category mentioned. The separation was done on personal considerations on importance. Some words may be misspelled. I apologize for this in advance. 
Nr Crt. CategoryTakstar Pro 80Kingston HyperX Cloud
1Appearance and Aestetics Nice, and inspicuous. A bit shiny. It can work if you want to go outside and don’t want any attention. I like this more! Some black parts are matte. The red inserts and red stitching on the headband can draw attention. They scream a bit: gaming! 
2Build quality and construction Overall good, solid. Good weight. The headband adjustment was a bit loose out of the box. No clicks there.Better in some aspects, worse in others. The headband adjustment is more tightly assembled, makes a solid click. The Headband itself is thicker on both sides. The top part is made of an inflexible type of material which does curve strange at times. It is ok nevertheless
3CableNon-detachable 2m rubber with a good metal plug and metal coil pressure relief. Looks and feels good.Non detachable 1.2m braided with a normal (read cheap) plastic plug, no strain relief. Also there is a 2m rubber extension. Braided+rubber looks a bit goofy to me. 
4Pads1 pair of pleather. They are soft, thin and I can’t see any problems using these regularly. The pleather is not that shiny and it's pretty comfortable to use, but occasional ear heating may occur. 1 pair of pleather and 1 pair of velour. The pleather ones are different from Takstar's default. The material is more shinny, the texture is more fine but that in turn means it's not as good, heats up faster and becomes uncomfortable faster in long use. Velours have a red back cover (why???) they are infinitely better for longer use but you lose sound quality
5Comfort Overall great even with stock pads. May or may not benefit from Brainwavz pads. Personally I prefer the stock ones. Decent enough, but one should search for a replaceable pad fast. The pleather heats up fast, and the velour sounds incomplete. 
6Other featuresJust a carrying bag. The big wooden box seems useless. You get a detachable microphone. It works good, the design is neat. Great for VOIP gaming. Other extras include: a nice premium box, extension cable, a little volume and mute control switch, and some other stuff you may or may not need.
7SoundIt has been discussed in this thread a lot. It’s great. They have a thick sponge to cover the drivers so it's not quite the same sound. It's darker, less detailed, a bit uncontrolled bass at times. I had to take that sponge out and YES! Now they sound pretty similar although the Takstars seem a bit more refined. Burn-in maybe? 
8ConclusionsTakstars are focuse on music and they work very well on that. I would consider these very adequate for both home and portable use despite of the longer cable. They are sleek, simple and good. I would prefer these instead of HyperX.Kingstons are more like a jack of all trades. It can do music as good and has that mike that can be usefull for home use. Not as fun to take out in my oppinion because of how they look, but else They are pretty good headphones and may be a option if you can find them locally at a good price and save you some hassle. To me they are 95% of Takstars (minuses for pads and looks) + the value of the mike. Overall still a great choice for audio and amazing for multi-purpose.

Apr 2, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #4,121 of 4,701
  As promised I made a little comparison between Takstar Pro 80 and Kingston HyperX Cloud. Not sure how relevant it is nowadays but nevertheless it's my first true contribution to this forum. Let me know what you think.

Comparison: Takstar Pro 80 vs Kingson HyperX Cloud
Note: I assume that people are familiar with the Takstars. This comparison is between a 2 weeks old pair of Pro 80 and 2 days old pair of Clouds. I am fully aware that some differences in sound may occur due to a lower hours of burn-in for Clouds. Take this into consideration. Some categories may be part of a larger general category mentioned. The separation was done on personal considerations on importance. Some words may be misspelled. I apologize for this in advance. 
Nr Crt. CategoryTakstar Pro 80Kingston HyperX Cloud
1Appearance and Aestetics Nice, and inspicuous. A bit shiny. It can work if you want to go outside and don’t want any attention. I like this more! Some black parts are matte. The red inserts and red stitching on the headband can draw attention. They scream a bit: gaming! 
2Build quality and construction Overall good, solid. Good weight. The headband adjustment was a bit loose out of the box. No clicks there.Better in some aspects, worse in others. The headband adjustment is more tightly assembled, makes a solid click. The Headband itself is thicker on both sides. The top part is made of an inflexible type of material which does curve strange at times. It is ok nevertheless
3CableNon-detachable 2m rubber with a good metal plug and metal coil pressure relief. Looks and feels good.Non detachable 1.2m braided with a normal (read cheap) plastic plug, no strain relief. Also there is a 2m rubber extension. Braided+rubber looks a bit goofy to me. 
4Pads1 pair of pleather. They are soft, thin and I can’t see any problems using these regularly. The pleather is not that shiny and it's pretty comfortable to use, but occasional ear heating may occur. 1 pair of pleather and 1 pair of velour. The pleather ones are different from Takstar's default. The material is more shinny, the texture is more fine but that in turn means it's not as good, heats up faster and becomes uncomfortable faster in long use. Velours have a red back cover (why???) they are infinitely better for longer use but you lose sound quality
5Comfort Overall great even with stock pads. May or may not benefit from Brainwavz pads. Personally I prefer the stock ones. Decent enough, but one should search for a replaceable pad fast. The pleather heats up fast, and the velour sounds incomplete. 
6Other featuresJust a carrying bag. The big wooden box seems useless. You get a detachable microphone. It works good, the design is neat. Great for VOIP gaming. Other extras include: a nice premium box, extension cable, a little volume and mute control switch, and some other stuff you may or may not need.
7SoundIt has been discussed in this thread a lot. It’s great. They have a thick sponge to cover the drivers so it's not quite the same sound. It's darker, less detailed, a bit uncontrolled bass at times. I had to take that sponge out and YES! Now they sound pretty similar although the Takstars seem a bit more refined. Burn-in maybe? 
8ConclusionsTakstars are focuse on music and they work very well on that. I would consider these very adequate for both home and portable use despite of the longer cable. They are sleek, simple and good. I would prefer these instead of HyperX.Kingstons are more like a jack of all trades. It can do music as good and has that mike that can be usefull for home use. Not as fun to take out in my oppinion because of how they look, but else They are pretty good headphones and may be a option if you can find them locally at a good price and save you some hassle. To me they are 95% of Takstars (minuses for pads and looks) + the value of the mike. Overall still a great choice for audio and amazing for multi-purpose.

+1 Great review!......I was able to listen the HyperX Cloud at a Kingston's gaming headphone shop this past Friday and I totally agree with your review.  
beerchug.gif
  Nice!

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #4,122 of 4,701
Actually, I used to own a pair and sold them less than a year ago. They were good at the time, but I couldn't shake the fealing of hearing some artificial, or metallic signature, time and time again. My thoughts were at the time that the plastic, or cheaply made housing had a lot to do with it. HP2011, does not have that same sound or feal to them and I'm able to hear more instruments within each song, realistic-like breathing, and better soundstage separation and imaging than I ever did with the HD668B.

You've convinced me that I need to get an upgrade from my Superluxes. I just got news that I would be able to get the Sennheiser SP25-ii for about USD$150 and perhaps Sony MDR7506 for a good price. How would the ISK-HP2011 compare if you've heard the others? I'm guessing that the ISK would have better soundstage? Sorry for bombarding you with questions.

Apr 6, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #4,123 of 4,701
You've convinced me that I need to get an upgrade from my Superluxes. I just got news that I would be able to get the Sennheiser SP25-ii for about USD$150 and perhaps Sony MDR7506 for a good price. How would the ISK-HP2011 compare if you've heard the others? I'm guessing that the ISK would have better soundstage? Sorry for bombarding you with questions.

If you can find Soundmagic HP100 or HP150, I can't recommend it enough. I paid $120 including shipping for an unused pair from a fellow head-fier, best money I've ever spent on audio gear :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #4,124 of 4,701

Yes! I did hear both of those headphones before and I know that both, especially the SP25 definitely would benefit more with an AMP. They were both great sounding headphones, but the HP2011 are just a step above both, especially in transparency and soundstage.

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #4,125 of 4,701
They both can be comfortable in their own way. I like how the Pro 80 (and similar housings like the HP2011) sits over my ears with soft pressure never having the over-head band squeeze the top of my head. While the MDH9000 looks just as tough, but yet feel a bit lighter with its soft ear cushions and flexible head band that ironically sits just as soft on my ears as well as on my head. The MDH9000 are also more lighter and comfortable than the M50x, which I feel are heavier and less comfortable to me. 

Hi and sorry to jump in.  I would like to thank you very much for your valuable advice.
Coming from the Takstar I have bought now a pair HP2011.    
Your good comments refer to the stock headphones or you have performed some mods ?
Thanks a lot again 
Regards,  gino 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back