Grado Fan Club!
Jul 28, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #35,971 of 65,567
Yep. Left and right cups are engraved differently. Not sure if that was the result of one of the owners? Surely it wouldn't have left the factory that way...I mean, it is Grado, but surely...
hahaha you have to remember the infamous grado's quality control, there's possibility. how about the drivers? is it different from other rs1 in that era? any sonic different?

Jul 28, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #35,972 of 65,567
To my ears, they're matched well and they sound right. I consider it an example of Grado's Friday afternoon production series. :)

Jul 28, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #35,974 of 65,567
each person have one week to demo the headphone, right? after one week is up,they have to send the headphone to next person.so it should've been at third/fourth person at the line up. but i don't know the rules about posting impression. did todd inform you how long you have to post the impression all that?

Jul 28, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #35,975 of 65,567
each person have one week to demo the headphone, right? after one week is up,they have to send the headphone to next person.so it should've been at third/fourth person at the line up. but i don't know the rules about posting impression. did todd inform you how long you have to post the impression all that?
Youre correct about the borrowing time for each person, and the third person should have the headphones by now. I think it's 2 weeks to post impression, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm going to search for Todds list and requirements.

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #35,976 of 65,567
Here are the rules, and here is the date the PS2Ke shipped. Also, there is nothing about how long after listening the impressions must be posted.
They should be arriving to the 4th person in line by 8/2. Keep in mind I'm giving 1-weeks listening time and 1-weeks delivery time.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #35,977 of 65,567
okay.so everything already listed on that thread.i thought todd personally gave instructions/additional infos to the participants, since the first person who posted his impression mention it has been a week, i was assumed there is some dateline you have to post your impression and few weeks later no update on that thread so my first thought was is the loan program still on hahaha. i'm not familiar with the first four members on the list but start from the fifth, i think they all active on this grado fan club thread so probably you guys could give a little heads up on this thread :D

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #35,978 of 65,567
This should be a fun one for you old RS1 fans. Take a little peak at these and tell me what jumps out at you.

:)

Ha, two different cups. did you put the silver gimbals on.

You made me take my old RS1 off and look at the cups :dt880smile:

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #35,979 of 65,567
Ha, two different cups. did you put the silver gimbals on.

You made me take my old RS1 off and look at the cups :dt880smile:

This is the way I received them when I purchased from the previous owner. The cups definitely took me by surprised.

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #35,980 of 65,567
This is the way I received them when I purchased from the previous owner. The cups definitely took me by surprised.

They must have looked the same to the person who assembled them.

I love the smaller cable on the older Grado's

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #35,981 of 65,567
They must have looked the same to the person who assembled them.

I love the smaller cable on the older Grado's

The smaller, thinner cables of old feel so delicate next to industrial size and heft of the new cables. I love how with the old cables, I don't have to worry about the cable pulling the headphones off a counter or table and onto the floor. There is something fundamentally wrong with having to contend with such a concern.

Jul 29, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #35,982 of 65,567
Well, curiosity got the better of me and I reached out to Grado about my RS1. Here's their reply...

IMG_0137.jpg

Jul 29, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #35,983 of 65,567
Any of you swap out your rodblocks with ones from Rholupat? I'm having a hard time adding resistance to the gimbal posts... probably will have to switch out what looks like an eraser inside of these?

Jul 29, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #35,984 of 65,567
not sure others already share this maybe the video but the article actually really nice
https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/02/grado-labs-hand-built-headphones/

A number of companies have heard about this room and the system to dial-in new products; they all want to send him their gear to install. "If I do, I lose my reference point," he explains. "This is a higher-end system, but it's closer to what a lot of people would have at home. That's who we're building for."

John makes the comparison to closed-back headphones. "Wireless technology has never been very good, so just like closed-back, we could make them, but people would expect them to sound like our wired headphones," he says. "And they won't."
It's not all bad news if you're a huge fan of wireless headphones, though. "We're going to get into wireless," he says. "We're working on it, so it's not out of the question. We were waiting on the technology to catch up."

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #35,985 of 65,567
@joseph69
those gypsy soul cd, i was searched each tracks on youtube just to get some idea and all tracks sound very interesting. this track got me immediately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back