Zune HD vs Sony X
Sep 15, 2010 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Woozle Wuzzle

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, Im just debating whether or not to sell my Sony X for a Zune HD. I realize how amazing the SQ of the Sony X is but the Zune is very enticing. I believe the Zune will have a good SQ as well and its more of a all rounder device such as the ipod touch. Thanks

Sep 15, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #2 of 8
Don't do it! Especially if you're in Canada (meaning no access to the Zune Marketplace). The X is a wonderful device, don't let that (doubtful) versatility take it from you. But that's just me.

Sep 15, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Hi, Im just debating whether or not to sell my Sony X for a Zune HD. I realize how amazing the SQ of the Sony X is but the Zune is very enticing. I believe the Zune will have a good SQ as well and its more of a all rounder device such as the ipod touch. Thanks

Don't do it!

Sep 15, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #5 of 8
I concur too. Don't get rid of it! 

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #7 of 8
Keep the X!!

I had the Zune HD too, and while it sounded pretty good, it didn't sound as good as my X. The Zune vocals are way more recessed, which is okay for anyone who prefers them that way, but the Zune EQ wasn't that great, so if you don't like the way vocals are portrayed, there's not much you can do about it. It's a very cute player though, nice screen, slim form factor, but once the novelty of that wears off and you're not gazing in awe at the screen all the time, you're left with just the music. Why not see if you can find someone on here to loan you one (for a small fee if necessary) and try it out side by side with the X? You'll find it a lot easier to make a decsion that way.

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #8 of 8
The Zune HD is really only good for listening to music. The official app count is absurdly low, the browser is gimped (can't use with wi-fi requiring logins), and overall support is near non-existent. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back